Sailing in 2 days! - HELP

Ok, boarding in two days - fly out tomorrow.  Figured I would just check the boards, and I just learned I need to print out luggage tags.

Ok... what else do I need to know?

I ordered medallions, and have those.. Packed.. Along with passports.  Going to try to find luggage tag holders today... who has those? its too late to order from amazon.  Am i likely to find any at a target, or walmart or meijer? Or should I just give up, and staple them on and hope for the best.

I have a check-in window of 11:30-3.  so, show up anytime in there? We are spending the night near the cruise port, so i imagine we will be on the early side, with having to tote our luggage around, and no real plans.

Once I board, I can't go to my cabin right away, correct? it likely won't be ready for a bit? So where to go? 

Lunch? Will any of the MDR's have lunch? or the buffet? or other options.... 

Yes, I realize now i should have done better research...

Anything else I should know, or make sure i do before i board a plane tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, FishTastic said:

I ordered medallions, and have those.. Packed.. Along with passports.  Going to try to find luggage tag holders today... Cheaper and faster...use pacing tape to reinforce the tags. Put tape on tags before you cut them from the printer paper, cut, staple and tape again. Since you're flying, pack the tape and scissors (short 3 or 4 inch blades - check TSA website) and do it at the hotel. You could also borrow scissors from the hotel.

I have a check-in window of 11:30-3.  so, show up anytime in there? We are spending the night near the cruise port, so i imagine we will be on the early side, with having to tote our luggage around, and no real plans. Depending on the port, sometimes even earlier.

Once I board, I can't go to my cabin right away, correct

Lunch? Will any of the MDR's have lunch? or the buffet? or other options.... All of them. MDR on deck 6 IIRC, buffet, grill on Lido, Alfredo's (ship dependent). All included, except for Alfredo's.

Anything else I should know, or make sure i do before i board a plane tomorrow? Don't forget to keep your passports and medallions on you. Don't want to leave them in your luggage...it happens.😂

See above.

• Like 1

Printing your luggage tags will make it a little easier tor you. If not time, hotel should have a business center where you or staff could do it?  At this point just staple them at the hotel, not much time for Amazon.

I would also print the Travel Summary, has all your information, etc.

Last resort, the luggage porters could get tags for you.  

We go early to start the fun!  Check in at the muster station, check out the ship.  Lunch.  They will tell you when rooms are ready, usually 1-130pm.

We drop our bags in the room in the closet.  Room not ready, just explore and have lunch.

Have fun!  Relax!

• Like 1

don't worry about the pre-boarding stuff.  I rarely print luggage tags.  When  arrive, I tell the porters I am traveling and don't have access to a computer or printer.  You can fill out the tags by hand, and they will  attach them to your luggage.  I would suggest putting anything you need for pre-boarding in a carry on that you will keep with you until your cabin is ready.  You can keep a bathing suit, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses ( incase you want to lay by the pool before sail away), medications, your passport, etc.  I always enjoy going to the buffet for lunch.  It's a great way to meet some folks very early on, and I am sure you will see them again during the cruise, somewhere on the ship.  Also, the buffet food is very fresh on the fist day, and first impressions are always the best.  I always make a little snack bag to take with me on the plane when traveling.  Bon Voyage!!!!

1 minute ago, 9tee2Sea said:

When  arrive, I tell the porters I am traveling and don't have access to a computer or printer.  You can fill out the tags by hand, and they will  attach them to your luggage

If you really don’t have access to a printer, that’s fine.  But, the way I’ve seen the porters grabbing bags and trying to make their tips, I would always have my own luggage tags on my bags.  Depending on the port, it is crazy sometimes.

Of course, I always like to be prepared and make the checkin as stress free as possible.  🥴

YMMV

1 hour ago, cruisepest said:

I always use clear packing tape to cover the luggage tags and tape them together. We always pack a small 3M roll and cutter of the tape with us. 

We also cover our tags with clear tape then punch holes in them.  When we get to the pier we use the paper fasteners that you push through the holes then flare out the two prongs. No need to involve porters and we've never lost a bag yet.

Ok breathe LOL.. You will be fine . Like people suggested, you can use clear tape or take some with you and print the tags att he hotel. If not , you can handle it at the port

Show up whenever you like. No real boarding time. Bags won't be available immediately. keep anything you need with you in  a carry on. They will announce when the cabins are ready.

There will be plenty to eat, MDR, brunch, poolside.

Just make sure you have your medallion and passport on hand. 

You will have a ball.. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2024 at 1:51 PM, Shmoo here said:

This caught my eye.  DON'T pack your passports in luggage.  

Don't pack your Medallion either, wear your provided lanyard or purchased wristbands. 

The Medallion is what gets you on the ship. 

ETA, just noticed thread is outdated. Oh well, good reminder for others...