Wifi Package

I never used Wifi on Carnival before.

Question about the Value Package:  If I get one package (just me, not DH)....can we use 2 devices, as long as it's not at the same time?

I think so...but it's not clearly spelled out on the Carnival website.

Thanks

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I never used Wifi on Carnival before.

Question about the Value Package:  If I get one package (just me, not DH)....can we use 2 devices, as long as it's not at the same time?

I think so...but it's not clearly spelled out on the Carnival website.

Thanks

You can use it on multiple devices, but only one at a time (does not matter which plan you choose).  Example, you use on device then logout, and husband can use on another device, etc etc

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Says not even enough bandwidth to email. Is this true of value pkg? I eyed it but I would want to email. 

Is this from experience?  Other reports?  Or says so on the website?

Basically...DH likes to read the news, I check e-mail and finances.  But if I have to make a transaction....I don't want a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Is this from experience?  Other reports?  Or says so on the website?

Basically...DH likes to read the news, I check e-mail and finances.  But if I have to make a transaction....I don't want a problem.

I have only done Premium.

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

But did you send?

I just want to avoid that "little spinning circle".....lol!

Ha. I was able to send also. Now, I wasn’t sending large attachments or anything. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm gonna splurge with the Premium.

Just to confirm....I can also use 2 devices, just not logged on at the same time?

Yes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is a learning curve in switching devices but they can assist.  We do it ALL THE TIME

I assume (since I'll order it for me)....I log out on my phone, and log in with my id on DH's phone?

I'm up for the challenge, if it's more complicated........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I assume (since I'll order it for me)....I log out on my phone, and log in with my id on DH's phone?

You can log out before you logon to the second devise but do not have to.  When you try to log onto a second device it will prompt you that are already logged onto a device and "click here to log out of that device and onto this device".   After you click here, it will log you onto the second device.

You can also sign into as many devices as you want, only one at a time.  You would use your folio # to sign in since you purchased it.

Edited by thundercrack
  • Like 1

I wake up hours before my wife does, so I check my email while she is sleeping and I eat breakfast.

The “social plan” was worthless for us, but “premium “ was ok.

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

While it is fun to kick each other off of the Internet, if looking for a challenge, set up a travel router and both of you can share the connection as long as both are within range of the router - say both are in the cabin.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

While it is fun to kick each other off of the Internet, if looking for a challenge, set up a travel router and both of you can share the connection as long as both are within range of the router - say both are in the cabin.

What’s a travel router BlerkOne?

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

What’s a travel router BlerkOne?

A portable router you connect to a WiFi source and it splits the connection out to multiple devices. Each device logs into the router instead of the ship wifi.

• Thanks 2

On 7/21/2024 at 9:58 AM, firefly333 said:

Says not even enough bandwidth to email. Is this true of value pkg? I eyed it but I would want to email. 

The Value Package gives you full internet access, including email. It doesn't provide enough bandwidth for streaming of any kind. For that level one needs Premium. Not that Social limits you to a pretty narrow list of Social Media websites.