Has anyone tried the Mandara Spa IV therapy?

Not sure how long this treatment has been offered, but looks like they offer a few different IVs in the spa, anybody try this out? What’s the process like?

Thinking of giving it a try for an (expensive) hang over cure. Don’t recover after a night out as fast as I used to! Looking specifically for the joy but any feedback welcomed.

• Haha 1

There are land based places that do this, some will even come to your house (even for groups, like a Botox party). Just drink some pedialyte (learned this from my kids when they were in college).

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

Not sure how long this treatment has been offered, but looks like they offer a few different IVs in the spa, anybody try this out? What’s the process like?

Thinking of giving it a try for an (expensive) hang over cure. Don’t recover after a night out as fast as I used to! Looking specifically for the joy but any feedback welcomed.

Their is no way in hell would I allow anyone to stick a needle in me that was not a trained professional like a medic, nurse or doctor. They were pushing that on the Gem, makes me laugh and cringe at the same time

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

Do you really want someone in a spa putting a liter of something in your body through a needle. I may be old but I would leave the quasi medical procedures to trained medical professionals in a medical facility. 

• Like 1

Bring any brand of electrolyte tablets in whatever flavor you like, whether it be Nuun, Gatorade, Nature's Truth, (I use SaltStick brand)... you get the idea. Take those, make sure you drink water in addition to alcohol.

There is no way I would do IV therapy on at the Mandara Spa. In addition to being unsafe and unregulated, they charge almost 100% more than any land based one would. And if something goes wrong, you're on a ship with no access to good medical facilities.

I got a kick out of this thread.  It actually makes me want to try the treatment 😆

I wonder why people dont have the same reaction with all the botox.  That involves needles too and a much more controversial substance.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I got a kick out of this thread.  It actually makes me want to try the treatment 😆

I wonder why people dont have the same reaction with all the botox.  That involves needles too and a much more controversial substance.  

Botox is no different in my mind. I wouldn’t do it on the ship or on land for that matter. 

First off - I didn't do it on the ship and I wouldn't (nor would I do it on land) but I did go and get a massage and facial on my last cruise (2 weeks ago) and while I was waiting to make my appt I did hear them talking and at least one of the technicians working in that area is an RN or an IV trained nurse of some sort.  I was not listening completely and I was interrupted to make my appointment but it didn't sound like it was just someone randomly sticking IV needles in someone, who has no idea what they are doing

• Like 2

14 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Agreed! I'm intrigued by this service now. If it hadn't been $400, I would have done the acupuncture treatment a couple years ago onboard. Went to the consultation and all. Now that would have been a lot of needles!

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Agreed! I'm intrigued by this service now. If it hadn't been $400, I would have done the acupuncture treatment a couple years ago onboard. Went to the consultation and all. Now that would have been a lot of needles!

I want to glow only $249
I want energy only $99

I want to renew and be younger only $39

All sounds like a deal to me 🤩

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I want to glow only $249
I want energy only $99

I want to renew and be younger only $39

All sounds like a deal to me 🤩

If money could make you look better/younger, then Mark Zuckerberg would be the hottest guy alive. As it is, he's....(I'll be kind), not. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If money could make you look better/younger, then Mark Zuckerberg would be the hottest guy alive. As it is, he's....(I'll be kind), not. 

Give me an IV full of Old Fashioned and now we're talking

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, firedisney97 said:

First off - I didn't do it on the ship and I wouldn't (nor would I do it on land) but I did go and get a massage and facial on my last cruise (2 weeks ago) and while I was waiting to make my appt I did hear them talking and at least one of the technicians working in that area is an RN or an IV trained nurse of some sort.  I was not listening completely and I was interrupted to make my appointment but it didn't sound like it was just someone randomly sticking IV needles in someone, who has no idea what they are doing

Which is pretty much my thinking. This is an advertised, legitimate, service/treatment….not a sketchy back-room IV ad on Craigslist. They’re going to have people who know how to administer and are qualified. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

Which is pretty much my thinking. This is an advertised, legitimate, service/treatment….not a sketchy back-room IV ad on Craigslist. They’re going to have people who know how to administer and are qualified. 

Whilst waiting for my facial on my last cruise I saw some A4 sized posters with a brief biography of the on board acupuncturist and cosmetic doctor (i.e. person wielding the botox injection) in the little reception area. 

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I want details on what nuclear material they inject into you to make you glow

• Haha 2