Grand Princess -- Elite Lounge/Suite Passengers

BettyNL

We are booked in a Penthouse Suite on the Grand Princess and one of the amenities is exclusive "Elite Lounge" access........

As I understand there is NO Elite Lounge on this ship; how is this handled ??  Is there compensation for lack thereof ??  Or an alternative ??

• Haha 2

The PES (Platinum, Elite, Suite) "happy hour" is held in the One5. At least it was for the 63 days we were on the ship last fall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

We are booked in a Penthouse Suite on the Grand Princess and one of the amenities is exclusive "Elite Lounge" access........

As I understand there is NO Elite Lounge on this ship; how is this handled ??  Is there compensation for lack thereof ??  Or an alternative ??

You can hang out in the platinun/elite/suite lunge, usually in the one five bar each night

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The PES (Platinum, Elite, Suite) "happy hour" is held in the One5. At least it was for the 63 days we were on the ship last fall.

So it’s just happy hour — not a dedicated all day lounge ?? 😟😟

Yes. There will be some noshes and you can order any drink you wish.  For those with the standard fare there is a charge for drinks. On the Grand, lounges like Crooner's on deck 7 are also busy during happy hour. Crooner's is close to the DR which for full suite passengers on deck 6, mid ship.

21 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

So it’s just happy hour — not a dedicated all day lounge ?? 😟😟

No the only dedicated all day lounge for full suites is in Royal class ships. No really big deal for us we rarely used it on the Royal class ships 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

It's not really all that exclusive, it's a before dinner drinks (you need to pay for if you don't have Plus/Premier) and small bites, every ship has the Elite lounge. Grand we had it at Skywalkers.  

17 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's not really all that exclusive, it's a before dinner drinks (you need to pay for if you don't have Plus/Premier) and small bites, every ship has the Elite lounge. Grand we had it at Skywalkers.  

Grand has had skywalkers removed a while back.  Now in one five

27 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

8 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Grand has had skywalkers removed a while back.  Now in one five

Skywalker's was removed from Grand Princess in 2011 - 13 years ago.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, memoak said:

No the only dedicated all day lounge for full suites is in Royal class ships. No really big deal for us we rarely used it on the Royal class ships 

And Sphere aka Sun class ships...

52 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes. There will be some noshes and you can order any drink you wish.  For those with the standard fare there is a charge for drinks. On the Grand, lounges like Crooner's on deck 7 are also busy during happy hour. Crooner's is close to the DR which for full suite passengers on deck 6, mid ship.

The "Elite" Lounge aka Platinum/Elite/Suite Lounge event is on every ship, regardless of ship class. It's held for 2 hours every day  late afternoon/early evening, except Captain's Circle Party night.

Not to be confused with the Suite Lounge, found on Royal class ships and newer, which has a concierge for some hours, snacks 24/7, quiet space, various drinks included....and available to all suite guests, regardless of CC status.. 

These are 2 entirely different things...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

These are 2 entirely different things..

One of which I sincerely doubt we will ever experience. Unless I decide to buy a lottery ticket and it subsequently wins big I can't foresee any chance of ever sailing in a suite. I would like to do so but... (Getting to visit in the Sky Suite on Discovery Princess was amazing. Amazing suite and truly good folks. Definitely a highlight of our Eclipse cruise.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

One of which I sincerely doubt we will ever experience. Unless I decide to buy a lottery ticket and it subsequently wins big I can't foresee any chance of ever sailing in a suite. I would like to do so but... (Getting to visit in the Sky Suite on Discovery Princess was amazing. Amazing suite and truly good folks. Definitely a highlight of our Eclipse cruise.)

We really enjoyed our time with you and your DW. We don’t always sail in big suites but when we do, we love it when our friends are on board to share in the good times!  Pictionary was such a blast!  
We have 16 days in the Grand suite on the Grand Princess next September LA to FLL.  You should join us!  

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We still live the Sweet Life in steerage, only had a full suite once, when prices were dirt cheap in 2021, and it wasn't worth it for us. 

28 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We really enjoyed our time with you and your DW. We don’t always sail in big suites but when we do, we love it when our friends are on board to share in the good times!  Pictionary was such a blast!  
We have 16 days in the Grand suite on the Grand Princess next September LA to FLL.  You should join us!  

Does this mean I will get an invitation to "join" you when "we" do this cruise together?  I am so excited that I get to finally see you in person!

@BettyNL I believe your post refers to the Suite Lounge with a Concierge.  As mentioned, the fine print states that these are on "select" (aka Royal/Sphere Class) ships.  There will be a concierge available for your needs on a Grand/GEM class ships.  He/She can be contacted via Customer Service Counter. They do not have a store front office.  You request a call.  They will contact you.

On the Grand, the Suite/Elite/Platinum lounge is held One5 on Deck 15/aft from about 5 - 7 PM.  It is open to anyone with a loyalty status or in a suite.  This has been a perk for many years.  Occasionally (rarely) it will be moved to aft Deck 7.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Does this mean I will get an invitation to "join" you when "we" do this cruise together?  I am so excited that I get to finally see you in person!

@BettyNL I believe your post refers to the Suite Lounge with a Concierge.  As mentioned, the fine print states that these are on "select" (aka Royal/Sphere Class) ships.  There will be a concierge available for your needs on a Grand/GEM class ships.  He/She can be contacted via Customer Service Counter. They do not have a store front office.  You request a call.  They will contact you.

On the Grand, the Suite/Elite/Platinum lounge is held One5 on Deck 15/aft from about 5 - 7 PM.  It is open to anyone with a loyalty status or in a suite.  This has been a perk for many years.  Occasionally (rarely) it will be moved to aft Deck 7.

Pretty hard to call it a “perk”. Snacks that people have picked up with their hands in many cases. I’d rather hang out in the Wheelhouse or Crooners

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sadly, Betty, no specific suite lounge on the older ships. The elite (PES) happy hour lounge, as explained by Reedprincess in post #11 is a poor substitute and, in my own opinion, not worth visiting twice.

One thing not mentioned (edit: my mistake, just read Cre8tiv1's post #17), however, is that there should still be a dedicated suite concierge who will probably touch base with you on embarkation day - call guest services if they don't. You might check with that person to make sure you're aware of all the other amenities that you're entitled to.

FWIW,  I'd sooner be on the Grand than any of the ships that actually do have the suite lounge. Again - just my own opinion. 

Enjoy breakfast in Sabatini's,

Walkingsoon

Edited by walkingsoon
change
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Of course. 😃 Are you on that Panama sailing?  It’s about time we met!

• Like 1

You know how much I love the Grand.  I’ve got her going and coming plus some.  See you next year!

Thanks for the invite.  Going to Honolulu any time soon?

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You know how much I love the Grand.  I’ve got her going and coming plus some.  See you next year!

Thanks for the invite.  Going to Honolulu any time soon?

Being a Grand master 😊, would you know about the Vista suite on this ship? TA asked us if we would like to upgrade to a Penthouse I said no because I don't care for the balcony in these mid ship. I like aft and the aft Penthouse wasn't an option. I know this Vista has a beam it's not the corner I prefer but deck 10 will be new to us as well.

Thanks

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Being a Grand master 😊, would you know about the Vista suite on this ship? TA asked us if we would like to upgrade to a Penthouse I said no because I don't care for the balcony in these mid ship. I like aft and the aft Penthouse wasn't an option. I know this Vista has a beam it's not the corner I prefer but deck 10 will be new to us as well.

Thanks

The bean is not really a problem in my opinion but the biggest difference between Vista and Penthouse is the size of the balcony. If you are used to Penthouse balconies you may be a bit disappointed with the Vista

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks

I am not a fan of the locations of the Vista (aft) Suites.  I prefer midship suites.  But on the Grand class ships...these are on higher decks (not good either).  The beam is not a deterrent.  The overhangs keep the deck shaded most of the day (depending of course which way the bow is facing).

Princess is moving away from double wide suites on their new ships.  They seem to prefer a longer/deeper cabin on their newer builds.  I like the double wide stateroom.  I like the separated living room from the bedroom. I like the bar sink when you enter the cabin.  I like the extra desks.  I like the separated toilet.  The walk in closet is too small and difficult to maneuver.  I wish they had a double sink in the bathroom (but I guess that accounts for the bar sink).

As you well know, I am not a fan of the larger ships.  I don't miss the concierge's suite lounge.  Even if you had it on the Grand class ships...it would be a long haul to this lounge from a Vista Suite.

This is just my opinion.  Hope it helps.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BettyNL said:

We had a penthouse suite on the Ruby to Alaska last year.  Altho no special lounge, they had a couple of special events.  There was a special drink and appetizer event that the entire upper level staff, rest. Mgr., etc. attended and went table to table to intro themselves and talk.  Really nice extra.  Maybe the grand will have something.

• Like 1