Reserving table pre-cruise in Main Dining room

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if I can pre-book a table in the Main Dining Room on HAL Noordam? We have Club Orange with our Neptune Suite. Don't want to be stuck in a dark corner.

Edited by iamcdneh
Specify ship name

4 minutes ago, iamcdneh said:

CO is apparently in reserved areas in the Main Dining Room on Noordam.  Hence, looking to.reserve a table near window.

I think you will need to wait until you are onboard.  Ask the Neptune Suite Concierge to make arrangements for you.

7 hours ago, iamcdneh said:

Does anyone know if I can pre-book a table in the Main Dining Room on HAL Noordam? We have Club Orange with our Neptune Suite. Don't want to be stuck in a dark corner.

You can lock in a set time and table size, just have your TA or HAL rep request it as far in advance as you can. As for asking for a specific table good luck. There are dining room layouts on the web where you could get the table number, but not sure how you place request.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

You can lock in a set time and table size, just have your TA or HAL rep request it as far in advance as you can. As for asking for a specific table good luck. There are dining room layouts on the web where you could get the table number, but not sure how you place request.

Your TA can ask for you when requesting the set time.  Our success rate is approx 90% when we give our TA a selection of a few tables to ask for.

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 1

I recently requested a specific table for dinner in the main dining room. You need to contact ship services for your ship. Have a couple of table numbers ready in case your first choice is already assigned. The agent will check if your choice is available and then send an email to the person in charge. I received a confirmation email in a couple of days confirming my choice. 

good luck

k🚢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

I recently requested a specific table for dinner in the main dining room. You need to contact ship services for your ship. Have a couple of table numbers ready in case your first choice is already assigned. The agent will check if your choice is available and then send an email to the person in charge. I received a confirmation email in a couple of days confirming my choice. 

good luck

k🚢

Yes. I did this too about five or six months prior to the cruise. I’ll know on Saturday if I was successful even though I did receive a confirmation. I also have CO on a non Pinnacle ship so was originally booked for open dining. However, my sister prefers fixed dining so I asked for a specific table in fixed dining. 

9 hours ago, GrammieK said:

good luck

k🚢

Do you have the email to contact Ship Services? Would really appreciate it. TIA. 

$20 the first night to whoever is assigning tables when you enter goes a long way.....just a thought.  If you like the table you get, maybe a handshake with that $20 .....

18 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

$20 the first night to whoever is assigning tables when you enter goes a long way.....just a thought.  If you like the table you get, maybe a handshake with that $20 .....

Sounds like Las Vegas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shadow 123 said:

HAL_Ship_Services@HollandAmerica.com

I did contact this department, requested the table and they did email me back. My trip is in October I'll let you know then if I got my table.

47 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

Do you have the email to contact Ship Services? Would really appreciate it. TIA. 

I called ships services for the Rotterdam. My Hal rep gave it to me. 
if you are on the Rotterdam or the westerdam it’s 800-541-1576. 

50 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

I called ships services for the Rotterdam. My Hal rep gave it to me. 
if you are on the Rotterdam or the westerdam it’s 800-541-1576. 

That is the general number for ship's services. They can do quite a bit in addition to table assignments, for all ships.

• Thanks 1

Well, I spoke too soon.  When we were shown to our table, there were others sitting there with only space for one.  Back we went to the maître d' where three other people who had requested the same table were waiting for the very same reason.  Apparently, a TA demanded that her group be seated at adjacent tables and ours was one of the tables!  The maître d' found us another table and expected us to stay there for the rest of the cruise.  I said we will stay for tonight but we want our table that we had all requested, and had confirmed, months ago for the rest of the cruise!  He came back, after confirming that we had indeed made such a request, and said we could have our table for the rest of the cruise.  Honestly, if that TA wanted her group to be together she should have made those arrangements long before the first evening!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 8:38 AM, Alberta Quilter said:

Yes. I did this too about five or six months prior to the cruise. I’ll know on Saturday if I was successful even though I did receive a confirmation. I also have CO on a non Pinnacle ship so was originally booked for open dining. However, my sister prefers fixed dining so I asked for a specific table in fixed dining. 

We like open dining but on the last GWV on Zuiderdam it seems SEVERAL different groups of people always had the same tables at the same times every night.  Invariably, they were highly desired tables in the back or by the side windows etc.  When we asked how we could sit there sometime we were told "you have to reserve them". So I said, "OK, we'd like to reserve one for tomorrow"  I was met with a blank stare and no reservation.  BTW, we DID give the Maître D and the AM $20 each early in the cruise because they were great otherwise but what is the point of having "Anytime Dining" on deck 2 if HAL is just going to "reserve" the best tables for a chosen few? BTW, many times the "favorite" tables sat unused because the anointed ones didn't even bother to show up.  They held the tables open "just in case".  If you want to reserve a table, do fixed dining like you are supposed to and quit thinking you are special and better than everyone else!  Thanks for letting me vent.