Potential Security Breach on Princess Website

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is possible that this is due to the Global IT outage, Cloud Strike.

Seems it has affected some of the cruiselines websites.  IDK about PCL.  Wait and see. 

Doubtful, if you know anything about the actual symptoms of the Crowdstrike issue. It caused computers to be unable to boot up. It would  have nothing to do with servers serving up other people's data.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sarahuk said:

I’m in the UK. Earlier this morning I logged onto my booking and it showed another couple. Their passport details and photos were the as well as credit card details.  That is definitely a data breach and I am now worried who has seen my details.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!

• Like 3

you are more than correct, this was a hackers dream. All of our passport details, home addresses dob, all laid out for anyone to see. Crazy exposure of protected personal data . Cant wait to see the response from Princess on this. Class action will be coming out of this one ..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Everything appears to be working correctly now.  My bookings look like everything is correct.  I just wonder how many people had access to and saw my personal information.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

yeah, think I'll just wait a day or so to make that final payment online in my account 🤑🦄

edit - what else should I do - Call the 1-800 number?  my CVP has ghosted me. Call the CVP line and request a new one?

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, clarky213 said:

I couldn't see anyone elses passport info or other data except names & Booking Reference. You would still need DOB to access their booking when the site returns, so I don't think there is any actual Data Breach, just more concerned if someone could modify my booking or flights.

You can easily find DOB information online.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, grimace95120 said:

Very curious t see if Princess puts out a public statement. I just got a mea culpa from Ticketmaster advising of their data breach, Princess should be legislated to to the same 

They're required to send letters via snail mail when a breach happens and provide free credit monitoring services. Happened before...

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 3

I can’t get in at all online (but can on the app).  This is the message:     Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable. Please use the Princess Cruises App to add Princess Plus, Princess Premier, Excursions, Spa treatments and to make dining reservations for your existing booking.  

2 minutes ago, Island wannabe said:

I can’t get in at all online (but can on the app).  This is the message:     Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable. Please use the Princess Cruises App to add Princess Plus, Princess Premier, Excursions, Spa treatments and to make dining reservations for your existing booking.  

Ludicrous that Princess can message about login and booking access not being available, but give no info about the possible breach. And, all the while, continuing to push their revenue-producing opportunities. 

• Like 2

Princess have form….

what concerns me with this breach detailed below is they waited 10 months to tell anyone. Obviously they can’t do that this time because it’s all over cruise critic and Facebook and flipping obvious there is an issue.

Princess take note. When it comes to dealing with the ICO in Europe, the coverup is alway worse than the crime. Deal with this the right way or you they looking at a fine that’s potentially far more than the settlement they paid last time.

eagerly awaiting that email telling me what happened and how I’m affected……

IMG_0978.thumb.png.1e846906f9925bb8cd21721accf3f251.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My booking looks correct, but I am still worried about someone having had access to my information and potentially taken screenshots. This stuff about screenshots being posted on FB is terrifying.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

My booking looks correct, but I am still worried about someone having had access to my information and potentially taken screenshots. This stuff about screenshots being posted on FB is terrifying.

the screenshots were on fb early this morning but removed before many started posting about this.

keep checking your bookings, purchases, reservations.  i was able to see someone elses payments.

also, check your credit cards you have given to Princess as some others saw credit card info.  i did not see credit card or passport info.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Sorry what?

people are posting screenshots of other people data on FB ??

how stupid are people. That is indeed very scary. Bad enough you could see someone else’s details when you log in. For people to share that in a far more permanent form is awful

i hope they were scrubbing personal details from what they were sharing. 

I understand taking a screenshot for your own records to use as proof in a complaint but even then I would scrub out all except the persons first name as soon as I screenshot it and sent that as proof in a complaint

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dog said:

the screenshots were on fb early this morning but removed before many started posting about this.

Thank goodness for that

people can be really stupid 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

‘I’m really annoyed my details could have been shared with someone else…hey Facebook, look at this person personal details I have access to… that’s not me and I don’t want my details to be seen like this’

i mean… idiots

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Thank goodness for that

people can be really stupid 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

‘I’m really annoyed my details could have been shared with someone else…hey Facebook, look at this person personal details I have access to… that’s not me and I don’t want my details to be seen like this’

i mean… idiots

Princess has had so many website glitches this past year. This tops them all!

I asked on fb - not to post people’s names, etcetc and got smacked!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Island wannabe said:

Yes I saw that but went ahead and tried logging in. Got in. I've only got my info. 

Great time to advise everyone to freeze all credit reporting agencies (3 in USA: Experian, Equifax, TransUnion) so that if you're compromised your info is useless. 

Just read elsewhere so adding onto here: CCL IS REQUIRING MORE THAN NAME / BOOKING# TO ACCESS BOOKING. WILL THAT BE ENOUGH. WILL ALL OF CC (CUK) FOLLOW SUUT?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

I asked on fb - not to post people’s names, etcetc and got smacked!

That’s ridiculous 

I am glad there are people like yourself asking for people to not share others information

And grateful to the OP for warning us of it. Thank you. It’s meant that I’ve known to check my booking on the App and make sure all is in order now. I’m only just over 2 weeks from Travel so really appreciate the heads up. Given me time to sort out issues if there were any on my booking

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

When logging in to check on my bookings, I am still getting the following banner:  

Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable. Please use the Princess Cruises App to add Princess Plus, Princess Premier, Excursions, Spa treatments and to make dining reservations for your existing booking.  

And, I just saw this on FB:  I am sure the CVPs are not allowed to say anything more at this time!  

IMPORTANT!
Please be advised that guests currently cannot log in to their Princess.com account or Princess app using user ID and password.  Our IT teams are urgently working on the issue.  Guests CAN log in using name, booking number and birthdate.  We will provide an update on log in with user ID and password as soon as one becomes available.

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

When logging in to check on my bookings, I am still getting the following banner:  

Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable. Please use the Princess Cruises App to add Princess Plus, Princess Premier, Excursions, Spa treatments and to make dining reservations for your existing booking.  

But when you ignore that and select log in button at top of screen do you also get in? I saw that and got in the normal way anyway. Hoping someone else who saw that tries

Did see the log in with name / DOB / Booking # at the bottom but other was (log in ID / password worked fine)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yeah, think I'll just wait a day or so to make that final payment online in my account 🤑🦄

edit - what else should I do - Call the 1-800 number?  my CVP has ghosted me. Call the CVP line and request a new one?

I’d give the cvp a couple of days, unless your FP is due before that.

I’d call the CVP then and get someone there to take the FP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Define "ghosted." Is that hasn't responded to a msg from yesterday after breach or still waiting from last week before CrowdStrike oops? 

Edited by Ombud