Hotel in Miami

Hello!  Will be sailing on the Insignia from Miami January 5 to Singapore.  Looking please for nice hotels near the port with views of the harbor.  Any help appreciated.   Thank you.

Deck Chair.

Lots of options, the two mentioned are good choices. The last time we were in Miami we stayed at the Gabriel Hilton. Great view of the port, especially if you have a room with a bayside view. We’ve also stayed at the Intercontinental and throughly enjoyed it. 

12 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I always stay on the beach in Miami Beach

We also stayed at the Beach for a couple of nights pre-cruise, earlier this year. Plymouth Hotel on 21st Street. Hotel was recommended by our cruise TA and was absolutely fine . About 5 minutes stroll to the beach, so a generally good location for a day chilling after a transatlantic flight, with several decent restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel Our only issue with it was that the hotel adds a "resort fee" to its charges - we've come across this rip-off before in American hotels so know it's just a marketing ploy to make their advertised prices look cheaper than they actually are. It's unlikely we'll pass that way again but would definitely stay there if we do.

37 minutes ago, Harters said:

We also stayed at the Beach for a couple of nights pre-cruise, earlier this year. Plymouth Hotel on 21st Street. Hotel was recommended by our cruise TA and was absolutely fine . About 5 minutes stroll to the beach, so a generally good location for a day chilling after a transatlantic flight, with several decent restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel Our only issue with it was that the hotel adds a "resort fee" to its charges - we've come across this rip-off before in American hotels so know it's just a marketing ploy to make their advertised prices look cheaper than they actually are. It's unlikely we'll pass that way again but would definitely stay there if we do.

Resort fees are a ripoff, no doubt. But I must say that many hotels include beach service (chair and/or umbrella day rental) with the fee so it not quite so bad if you plan to go to the beach.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

We stay at the hotel above the JW Marriott in Miami.  Nice property and location was great.

I'm a little confused, is it part of the JW or something else?

52 minutes ago, ORV said:

I believe it is the Hotel Beaux Arts, one of the Autograph Collection hotels, which is part of the Bonvoy system. I know in NYC, they do some properties with 2 different Bonvoy properties located in the same building. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORV said:

It's part of Marriott, but not the same as the JW--it's sit's on top of the JW.  Yes the name is Hotel Beaux Arts.  Great hotel and you get points, or use points.  A bit pricey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No view of the port, but we stayed at The Cadillac in Miami Beach (part of the Marriott Collection).  Wonderful ocean-front property.  Our Uber ride to the port was about 20 minutes.

We stayed at The Elser (also an Oceania hotel) last March.  Loved the room and location.  Our room looked out over the bay.  We walked over and had dinner one night.  We took a short taxi ride to the port.