Ships that were revolutionized

KKB

13 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Can the old ship plug into shore power,

I believe in 2028 EU all cruise ships must be able to connect to shore power 

it might not be worth to up grade ships to 2025 standards 

I could really see the Connie and Infinity leaving soon 

The program is very complex, Poland is suing over it.  Therefore, don't be surprised if deadlines are extended and/or temporary waivers issued.  Also, when things like this happen, European non-EU ports make it known they're open for business without the EU requirements 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hcat said:

we're booked for Jan 2026 on Eclipse..hoping for some updates!

Will let you know. We are booked in 2025: May to Iceland and October transatlantic. Frankly if Silhouette is anything to go by it makes little difference in ordinary cabins. Walls lighter, carpets, curtains and beds replaced. No changes to the electrics - still no USB points or power by the beds.  Fitted furniture unchanged. No change in the bathroom we had the same cabin before and after. Before we were told shower doors would be replaced to fix broken runners after we were told couldn’t be replaced as there were no spare parts. Broken drawer also not changed.  Cellar Masters changed to Craft Local - much brighter and basically now a sports bar.

Most of the money seems to have been spent on the Suites and Suite Facilities plus the extra cabins.

11 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The program is very complex, Poland is suing over it.  Therefore, don't be surprised if deadlines are extended and/or temporary waivers issued.  Also, when things like this happen, European non-EU ports make it known they're open for business without the EU requirements 

Wouldnt be a very interesting cruise in the Med 😉

Countries in Blue are in the EU

IMG_7502.thumb.jpeg.43ae3ac2b6d7b00f6cfdf9a7bb4e4e01.jpeg

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I love that place.  Will be happy to be on it on the Solstice next year!

It was still Michael’s Club on the Connie when I sailed in a suite. It was so much nicer and ‘ship like’ than the grey and white retreat lounge on the refurbished ships or the Edge class.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wouldnt be a very interesting cruise in the Med 😉

Countries in Blue are in the EU

IMG_7502.thumb.jpeg.43ae3ac2b6d7b00f6cfdf9a7bb4e4e01.jpeg

I quoted you as you stated the Connie and Infinity may leave, stick those in Norway for the Baltic sailings.  Have the X ships with shore power sail the Med

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I quoted you as you stated the Connie and Infinity may leave, stick those in Norway for the Baltic sailings.  Have the X ships with shore power sail the Med

There is Problem with sticking them in Norway 

“To tackle these environmental challenges, the Norwegian parliament has introduced new requirements stipulating that all cruise ships and ferries in World Heritage fjords must be emission free from 2026”

Maybe Asia ? South America 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

17 hours ago, hcat said:

Her answer was very vague.. Guess we'll hope for the best on Eclipse...mostly hoping the room is " modernized".. Good mattress and  chairs that are comfy.  We'll be in AQuaclass so I'm sure BLU will have its signature look!

I was just checking my cruise history and haven't sailed Eclipse since 2010.  Yikes.

I'm pretty sure they have updated the beds (speculation) but all the  non-revolutionized ships they have the original wood paneling and original more comfortable furniture and none of the Kelly Kitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

There is Problem with sticking them in Norway 

“To tackle these environmental challenges, the Norwegian parliament has introduced new requirements stipulating that all cruise ships and ferries in World Heritage fjords must be emission free from 2026”

Maybe Asia ? South America 

over 1100 Fjords in Norway of which 2 (two) are listed as World Heritage ones.

Frankly X has never had much of a Fjord's programme if you really want to see the Fjords look at Hurtigruten's Classic 12 night Roundtrip voyage from Bergen and you will see the difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was just checking my cruise history and haven't sailed Eclipse since 2010.  Yikes.

I'm pretty sure they have updated the beds (speculation) but all the  non-revolutionized ships they have the original wood paneling and original more comfortable furniture and none of the Kelly Kitch. 

0n her 5 times...2010 to 2017...She was 'fine' in 2017....cruising on her this Nov...I more than hope the beds/mattresses/pillows have been replaced....LOL. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:16 PM, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall correctly the only M and S Class ships that got the revolution were

• Celebrity Millennium — February 9, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Summit — March 23, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Silhouette — February 14, 2020 — Completed! 
  • Celebrity Equinox — June 1, 2019 — Completed! But had an accident in shipyard and did not get the full Revolution ----they didn't get the Retreat Sun Deck

On the ships that did not get the Revolution the rooms have not been updated and most still have the old dark wooded Michael's Club.    I think I read they upgraded Infinity Michael's Club to Retreat on last dry dock. 

Am I misremembering - I thought Equinox got a Sun Deck, but it doesn't have a bar/restaurant or a pool or whirlpool?  I don't usually use the Sun Deck much so I'm not sure if my memory is accurate.

On 7/26/2024 at 6:58 PM, hcat said:

Her answer was very vague.. Guess we'll hope for the best on Eclipse...mostly hoping the room is " modernized".. Good mattress and  chairs that are comfy.  We'll be in AQuaclass so I'm sure BLU will have its signature look!

Just got off EC on Sunday,

Found UNREVOLUTIONIZED ship to be in excellent condition inside and out.

S1 room spotless clean and comfortable including bed.

Confirmed she will be "revolutionized" to some degree after Apr transatlantic

Will be sad to see another "old world" Michel's Club gone..

On 7/27/2024 at 12:41 PM, NMTraveller said:

The revolutionized ships are very gray.  I prefer more colorful decor myself.

But, don't forget about all of those mind-numbing shades of beige, too!😆

• Haha 1

What does “partial revolutionize” mean for Equinox? Apart from the Retreat features that were not completed, what else was or wasn’t done for the average passenger?

1 hour ago, Last Lion said:

What does “partial revolutionize” mean for Equinox? Apart from the Retreat features that were not completed, what else was or wasn’t done for the average passenger?

A lot of cabins were not renovated 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:48 PM, Jim_Iain said:

just off the eclipse this past Sunday. Think you are right the beds updated because we were in a SS and bed comfortable, more so than 2 years ago.   

On 8/1/2024 at 1:06 AM, 1Virgo said:

just off the eclipse this past Sunday. Think you are right the beds updated because we were in a SS and bed comfortable, more so than 2 years ago.   

Eclipse is due for dry docking after next Springs TA. We are booked on her to Iceland almost straight after and again on the October TA

• Thanks 1