What time is cabin access?

Poppie55

We will be boarding in Barcelona this Saturday at around 11:00. Does anyone recall the approximate time the Penthouse Suites are available to access? Thank you!😄

12 minutes ago, Poppie55 said:

We will be boarding in Barcelona this Saturday at around 11:00. Does anyone recall the approximate time the Penthouse Suites are available to access? Thank you!😄

About 1 pm if all goes well...plan on 12:30 to 1:30 unless there are port delays.

2 pm for concierge, 3 pm for B-G.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Do you know if it is possible to drop off your carry-on items even if the cabins aren’t ready?

There are continual announcements not to do so. Like most other officer announcements, some ignore them.

On our last Riveria cruise in April all the decks were barricaded and sealed off until the deck was officially opened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Barcelona has some of the most wonderful food in the world! Why not find someplace near your hotel where you can leave your bags and have a GREAT lunch. It will be way better than anything on the ship, I'm betting. And I've loved O's food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are in a PH ask the concierge to take your carry ons to your room or will he store them somewhere..for you..

If he is running around check at the desk..

Jancruz1

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Do you know if it is possible to drop off your carry-on items even if the cabins aren’t ready?

I bring a lot of alcohol with me at embarkation so I go to my room and ask the steward or room attendant if I can drop off my big bag of booze. They've always said "yes" with no problems or complaints. (Your room key will work before the formal announcement. IF O really wanted to keep people out, they wouldn't give you room keys that worked once you board.)

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I bring a lot of alcohol with me at embarkation so I go to my room and ask the steward or room attendant if I can drop off my big bag of booze. They've always said "yes" with no problems or complaints. (Your room key will work before the formal announcement. IF O really wanted to keep people out, they wouldn't give you room keys that worked once you board.)

So after you purposely ignore the continued announcements of the senior officers to not enter those areas yet, what do you expect of a lowly room attendant? In fact, even if she likewise said NO, I doubt that you’d adhere to her request! 🤬

Best option was in April when all the entrance hallways were sealed off an locked. The crew could get the cabins ready for everyone without interference from the few.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, clo said:

Barcelona has some of the most wonderful food in the world! Why not find someplace near your hotel where you can leave your bags and have a GREAT lunch. It will be way better than anything on the ship, I'm betting. And I've loved O's food.

Doesn't work that way for many.

Folks paid a lot for their cruise and want to get on and get their money's worth. Why pay for lunch off the ship when you have already paid for it on the ship? BTW, Not all of us like the food in Barcelona. We spent two days there following Regent cruise in April..unimpressed.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

No. The cruise line expects most guests to behave like cooperative adults. Your post is a reminder that, sadly, some act like neither.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

So after you purposely ignore the continued announcements of the senior officers....

Best option was in April when all the entrance hallways were sealed off and locked. 

Don't let us get started on O and its "rules" which seemingly get very selectively enforced.

Why aren't you complaining that I'm bringing BEER and HARD LIQUOR since O says only wine in her official statements? And do you have such ire for the pool hogs reserving chairs hours in advance and for all day? Some reporting you can TIP O staff for the reservation? All AGAINST published rules. Don't get me started on DRESS CODE issues. Or the mess that is DISEMBARCATION. Where no one can tell us what the "rule" is despite what we read and hear over the PA system.

IF O wants to enforce her own rules, then all O has to do is...start enforcing O's own rules! Simple as that. One wonders, what rules will they enforce when a customer violates it? O seems to hate to enforce rules.

The door isn't locked and the hallway isn't blocked off or obstructed in any way. We're discussing activity in the early afternoon, many hours after the prior passengers have left and new ones have arrived.

Dragging a lot of alcohol on board to avoid purchasing drinks in the public venues and then boasting about taking to your cabin after being asked specifically not to but complaining about others not following the rules - I guess it all depends upon if you are breaking the rules or others...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, edgee said:

...The cruise line expects most guests to behave like cooperative adults....

So again, really? We KNOW O allows beer and hard liquor even though the published material says wine only. We KNOW O says you can't hog pool chairs and loungers BUT seemingly that's a major complaint today and people are saying they can TIP O staff to break the published rules. Does O enforce its "dress code"? Does O enforce the PA announcements at disembarkation? In light of all the VIOLATIONS of what they write and say, I struggle to find much tied to either that they enforce.

IF O wants to enforce her own rules, then all O has to do is...start enforcing O's own rules! Simple as that. But O appears not to desire to uniformly enforce her own rules.

And mea culpa, the laundry room sign says it opens at 0700 but the door isn't locked. So, when my room is just down the hall, I may go in at 0653 and start a load of laundry. And I may not be the first and another might arrive shortly after me. I just hope more people are up above reserving pool chairs and loungers, clearly violating published rules, maybe even tipping staff to do same, so they aren't in the laundry room when I am.

4 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

So again, really? We KNOW O allows beer and hard liquor even though the published material says wine only. We KNOW O says you can't hog pool chairs and loungers BUT seemingly that's a major complaint today and people are saying they can TIP O staff to break the published rules. Does O enforce its "dress code"? Does O enforce the PA announcements at disembarkation? In light of all the VIOLATIONS of what they write and say, I struggle to find much tied to either that they enforce.

IF O wants to enforce her own rules, then all O has to do is...start enforcing O's own rules! Simple as that. But O appears not to desire to uniformly enforce her own rules.

I get it. If they don't enforce all rules, no need to adhere to any if them. So those of us who believe O does not enforce all rules have a right to break any one's we deem it convenient to ignore. Glad all guests do not adhere to a "damn the rules, I'll do what I want, philosophy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I learned a long time ago, some people get it, some don't. It appears all the talking in the world won't change that for some people. Some minds are like cement, all mixed up and permanently set. 

Here is why they ask us to wait until your room is ready. The crew is busting their butts cleaning and preparing rooms for those of us coming on. There are also a dedicated bunch that are bringing on the luggage and taking it up and down the hallway to the proper room. If everyone was allowed to drop off their carry ons and extra purchases, whatever they may be, then the hallways would be full of people that really don't know where they are going or what they are doing. All that would do is just slow down the whole process. It doesn't take a smart person to figure that out. You know why it doesn't? I can figure it out and I'm not that bright. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

I learned a long time ago, some people get it, some don't. It appears all the talking in the world won't change that for some people. ... It doesn't take a smart person to figure that out. You know why it doesn't? I can figure it out and I'm not that bright. 

OK, so please explain WHY O doesn't enforce it? They can block off hallways. They can limit your World Card access to your room. They haven't on my cruises. Hallway is empty when I carry a bag of booze down to my room at say 1400 or 1430.

Nor does O enforce its published alcohol policy, dress code, pool chair/lounger reservations, or its disembarkation instructions. And more.

Weird, the one entity that could enforce its own rules and policies seemingly so often makes no attempt to. But now some odd selective outrage about something O isn't enforcing?

And now I guess passengers can tip crew to reserve pool chairs and loungers in clear violation of O's published rules. Go figure out that one. Early birds get worms and capitalist crews like tips? 

Posted (edited)

Perhaps they don’t enforce it, because, THANKFULLY, there is only one person (the nice wording) schlepping a big bag of booze to their stateroom when they are not suppose to.  So, they let that one person (again, the nice wording) get away with it so they don’t have a mental break down over their cheap booze. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Folks paid a lot for their cruise and want to get on and get their money's worth. Why pay for lunch off the ship when you have already paid for it on the ship? BTW, Not all of us like the food in Barcelona. We spent two days there following Regent cruise in April..unimpressed.

I'm going to guess that you're not really 'into food.' Okay.

I'm also going to guess that the people you describe are ship people not port people. Do they go back to the ship every day for lunch? From what I've read here it sounds like those buffets are mobbed at that time. To each their own but no thanks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, edgee said:

With all respect I understand that people have their own preferences on how to cruise and where to spend their money on vacations. But personally we think that the food in Spain including Barcelona is amazing. Then we’re not normally going to the restaurants in the heavily touristy areas in any city. But obviously, not everyone’s taste is the same.

Edited by osandomir
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, edgee said:

I get it. If they don't enforce all rules, no need to adhere to any if them. So those of us who believe O does not enforce all rules have a right to break any one's we deem it convenient to ignore. Glad all guests do not adhere to a "damn the rules, I'll do what I want, philosophy.

Absolutely. And a recommendation rather than a rule ought to be enough for adults. IMneverHO.

• Like 3