🦙Live from Utopia 🦙- Sailing with Daryl 🦙8/2-8/5 🏰with bonus feature of a week at Disney Parks post cruise🏰

On 8/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, bobmacliberty said:

You've either not been to Epcot, or you didn't do it right. 😜  Do a Google search for "Epcot drinking around the world".

When my daughter was doing competitive dance, The Dance Worlds competition was in the World Showplace Pavilion at Epcot, between Canada (Moosehead beer stand) and the United Kingdom (Rose and Crown Pub).  When we had downtime between performances, which was a lot, we'd find a bar at one of the "countries".  One year, one of the parents made drinking around the world passports.  You had to do two things at each country...get a drink and get a picture taken with something from the gift shop like a Mexican sombrero or a Norwegian Viking helmet.  One of the cast members at each country had to sign or stamp your passport as proof.  It's a good thing that we had buses back to our hotel.  🤪

OMG the Frose In "France" is the best ever...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Mark, you must have the patience of a Saint, when it comes to queuing up for each of these rides and activities!!!!  It looks and sounds like a pretty awesome vacation for you, Susan, and your grandson!

Honestly it seems to me like the kind of vacation where I'd be stressed and come home needing a vacation.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly it seems to me like the kind of vacation where I'd be stressed and come home needing a vacation.

Things will not slow down for a week yet, because next week will be the finale of Summer of Fun 4.0. 

• Like 4

Although we did ride all the main rides we wanted to, I hate this system that Disney has.  Universal was so much easier with their fast pass system.  If you had fast pass and wanted to ride a ride, you just entered that line.  None of this picking a time window like Disney does.  Although they market their multi-lighting lanes passes with the ability to select another ride once you ride the first selection, the available times for popular rides may be late at night, if available at all.  Some we couldn’t get and had to use the standby lanes.  

Maybe they do this to try to be fair to those who just bought park passes. We saw several rides with 60-90 minute waits. So my take is, if you buy a multipass for MK, don’t expect to get more than three rides on it.  

Enough about that.  How about a couple pictures from today. 

The streets were less crowded, early in the day. 

IMG_2669.thumb.jpeg.6c1dd830a4cba360dc7c75454eca27a3.jpeg

Under the Sea

IMG_2672.thumb.jpeg.a2afedf164d96e29ca63578b0ede8876.jpeg

We had to do a standby lane for Haunted Mansion

IMG_2676.thumb.jpeg.df68c507c36137c6fe60bb3758d59494.jpeg

We may or may not have marched in the parade and waved to the crowds.  

IMG_2686.thumb.jpeg.a450b7a123514b7442323e841b3890b9.jpeg

These guys thought we were nuts. 😂

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.fbfd86bef1642370997e3c4006e3dc28.jpeg

Thunder Mountain was maybe the 3rd or 4th favorite ride. 

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.9bda158028ebeca031b1e19e4a2632c2.jpeg

IMG_2695.thumb.jpeg.26068b1031a9427197f2ff6edffd1094.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had the fast pass also for a few rides , I was too old and didn’t have the patience then , now I am several years older and am used to total vip with suites and first class. 

• Like 1

Dinner last night was at. 

IMG_2712.thumb.jpeg.f12c5022e16e938c53001bd1958c1da0.jpeg

It is located in Magic Kingdom. 

IMG_2708.thumb.jpeg.4352bf03582bd9cab0bec32bde56c54f.jpeg

Since it is The Beast’s, he came around for a visit. 

IMG_2710.thumb.jpeg.13eaf65f5809be1d90fa400825a095bf.jpeg

And what did we have?

A Bloody Mary for me. 

IMG_2715.thumb.jpeg.c2969b58367e5baa4bd40544a34f8860.jpeg

And I am not sure what drink this was, but it looked like a blue slushie

IMG_2716.thumb.jpeg.f435ad13024f58c9b239fae0505ea8c0.jpeg

Foodwise, I started with escargot 

IMG_2717.thumb.jpeg.218fefdfedb79df027f5b777cb9069b4.jpeg

then filet mignon

IMG_2718.thumb.jpeg.ca028bc0fc9fc76195dfe2242926072e.jpeg

dessert

IMG_2719.thumb.jpeg.b1ad2efc50bc061f42b9a1fb12681af5.jpeg

It takes two table service dining credits for a meal here.  Personally, I didn’t think it was worth it. I would much prefer Chops. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

After dinner, we did one more ride, then considered staying around for fireworks.  

IMG_2721.thumb.jpeg.729db6905af89d7df3a8abec5a651ece.jpeg

There must be a large crowd that gathers for them, because it was much more crowded than when we came back to the park for dinner. 

IMG_2722.thumb.jpeg.db25ddef534080dbad054a321dc8185d.jpeg

We were tired, and decided to watch from our balcony, so back to the resort. 

• Like 10

Today, we are off to Epcot. We will be riding Guardians of the Galaxy again, because it was one of the individual lightning lanes we bought. 

We have our three multi-pass rides and hope to get a ride done with early park entry.  

• Like 4

We took the bus from Wilderness Lodge to Epcot this morning.  Boarded at 7:45. By 8:10, we are waiting for the rope to drop.   

IMG_2726.thumb.jpeg.8694f5346e2ec8dc71fb002b364302bb.jpeg

We are headed to Frozen, first thing.  Didn’t pick it as one of our LL picks, and LL availability is usually gone before 10am. 

• Like 2

One word of advice.  You will be using your phone for the app and for photos, so the charge will not last.  Bring a portable charger or two with you. 

If you forget one, Disney will gladly sell you one 

IMG_2725.thumb.jpeg.ad072bab9c931c1f8a0568edaa575c29.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So how did our rope drop strategy to Frozen work?

Even though someone on a mobility scooter ran into my wife in the mad dash, we speed walked to the ride and were off of it by 8:42. 

IMG_2727.thumb.jpeg.da4e9fd74bccb419b3e80ba2bb9fd383.jpeg

IMG_2732.thumb.jpeg.0941faa7ce5bffa7dd5dc22084b612a1.jpeg

IMG_2734.thumb.jpeg.d1cc760836e0bca3e93430585610acdd.jpeg

Yes, you do get wet on this water ride.  I didn’t know that.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I normally wouldn’t do this, but this family gets the most ignorant award of the day.  

IMG_2728.thumb.jpeg.21db91984dc9e43c9d32c0b5a8341e52.jpeg

Not only did they push their way to be at the front of the rope line, but they jumped the lines at frozen to crowd ahead of others.  All that effort only got them in one car ahead of us.  

What is wrong with people?

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Not only did they push their way to be at the front of the rope line, but they jumped the lines at frozen to crowd ahead of others.  All that effort only got them in one car ahead of us.  

It’s been years since I took my family to Disney, but I see some things haven’t changed.

• Like 3

You need to introduce this family to the person on the scooter that clipped your wife.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I normally wouldn’t do this, but this family gets the most ignorant award of the day.  

IMG_2728.thumb.jpeg.21db91984dc9e43c9d32c0b5a8341e52.jpeg

When we encounter rude people, we just step aside and let the selfish pass. 

I believe in KARMA. 
Let someone else pay them back.

I can rest at night. 

But being run over is another thing.

Yes, the entitlement. 

I remember the first time my parents took me to MK, circa 1972.  
If a person had a handicap they were able to go to the front of the line. 
Could you imagine if Disney did not stop that practice. There could  be more scooters than 2 legged humans waiting for a ride/attraction. 

Now mind you I recognize that many do need the assistance due to being mobility impaired, but ……..

Glad your able to have a great time on you vacation. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

When we encounter rude people, we just step aside and let the selfish pass. 

I believe in KARMA. 
Let someone else pay them back.

I can rest at night. 

But being run over is another thing.

Yes, the entitlement. 

I remember the first time my parents took me to MK, circa 1972.  
If a person had a handicap they were able to go to the front of the line. 
Could you imagine if Disney did not stop that practice. There could  be more scooters than 2 legged humans waiting for a ride/attraction. 

Now mind you I recognize that many do need the assistance due to being mobility impaired, but ……..

Glad your able to have a great time on you vacation. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. 

Enjoy. 

I currently use a scooter because of impaired mobility but I do agree with you somewhat. Each person's need may be different but, in my case, I can walk short distances and can stand but only for a limited time. So, in the case of lines, if I can sit on my scooter, I don't mind waiting in lines with others at all. However, if I am waived ahead from time to time, I graciously accept, even with some of the scowls on people's faces. I don't ask to move around the line but, when offered, I accept. When I first acquired the scooter, I ran into several things, especially door frames; however, I am getting better at it and, luckily, have never ran into a person ... yet. I have been taking my scooter on cruises but also try walking around as much as I can, unless the ship is rocking too much or I'm rocking too much! LOL! Cheers everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1