RETREAT BAR ?

Hello,

We finally decided to try the Retreat.  At the retreat bar does anybody have the drink menu?  I also like wine curious as to what brands of wine they serve with their premium drink package there, thank you!

• Like 1

It will vary. The cocktail menu tends to be pretty standard drinks. No blender that I recall. If you want a G&T, rum and coke, margarita on the rocks, old fashioned, etc. you should be fine. They may make some of the specialty drinks from other bars, but there's one bartender typically doing everything. They'll typically have a subset of the premium package wines and will adapt based on requests and demand (and availability). Whisk(e)y selection used to be pretty good, but it had regressed to the mean on my last couple of cruises.

That's my memory, at least!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Selection may vary by ship.  I forgot already which one you just booked.

I am loving your excitement and anticipation.🤩

LOL We booked the Beyond.  To be honest, I go to Aruba every year for two weeks in August with some family.  Due to blockages in my arteries in both my legs and one ankle and also dealing with another cervical spinal cord major problem(will need another double discectomy and fusion), my cardiovascular surgeon advised me not to fly.  I just cancelled the entire trip to Aruba, all my dinner reservations and hotel. Fortunately, due to flying business/first class I didn't loose any money in airfare and didn't loose in hotel.

I tried to book the Beyond ABC 8 night cruise on September 7th that would keep me in Aruba until 11pm but there are no cabins available.  We decided to take the September 1st 6 night sailing and try the Retreat.  This cruise is more practical because I am unable to walk distances without feeling like I am going to fall down and being in the Retreat everything is in one area so less walking for me.  Also, taking a shorter cruise, I get one of 3 procedures and a surgery done earlier than if I took the later 8 night cruise.  I should all be good as new by the time my December 7th sailing comes.  

I am so happy to be on this cruise and in the Retreat.  There is no way I am not going to take a trip before all those procedures/surgeries, if I don't make it I go happy.  wink wink.  I love your kitty photo, I have rescues of my own.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We finally decided to try the Retreat.  At the retreat bar does anybody have the drink menu?  I also like wine curious as to what brands of wine they serve with their premium drink package there, thank you!

You'll have to zoom but this should give you and idea of some of the selections.  I cannot confirm that everything you see is included but I was drinking only mixed drinks. 

This was from the Miillennium in May of this year. 

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.0862c764895a66180ee03dced9a2edad.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I love your kitty photo, I have rescues of my own.

That is great!  He is a good kitty, but when we pull out the cases before a cruise, Ziggy’s happy face turns to torment and he starts climbing the bookcases.

IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.d891026652e141133a69d005fcdc63da.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You'll have to zoom but this should give you and idea of some of the selections.  I cannot confirm that everything you see is included but I was drinking only mixed drinks. 

This was from the Miillennium in May of this year. 

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.0862c764895a66180ee03dced9a2edad.JPG

You got the whole bar photo thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

He is a good kitty, but when we pull out the cases before a cruise,

Those two words should never be used in the same sentence -- "good" and "kitty" are definitely oxymorons.  All cat's are evil and should never be trusted.      🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

That is great!  He is a good kitty, but when we pull out the cases before a cruise, Ziggy’s happy face turns to torment and he starts climbing the bookcases.

IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.d891026652e141133a69d005fcdc63da.jpeg

He is gorgeous, looks like my Rocky same coloring.  Rocky is one of three siblings that I adopted, how the heck can I split up siblings right?  Yes, they know the luggage, especially our beloved Bently (dog).  They know our habits before we leave.  I get five kitty sets of eyeballs on me staring at me for days before I leave, they just know.  They telling me noooo, but I am saying yes lol.  I have a cat sitter that comes twice a day, plays with them and spends time with them.  I also have a feral kitty outdoors that I been taking care of for a bit over 12 years.  12 years is very very old for a feral kitty.  I trapped her fixed her but the vet said she is aggressive won't like inside.  12 years later, feeding her daily, giving her a house with heating pad during winter months she still won't let me pet her, guess she knows how to survive.  🙂 He is so cute, thank you for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

He is gorgeous, looks like my Rocky same coloring.  Rocky is one of three siblings that I adopted, how the heck can I split up siblings right?  Yes, they know the luggage, especially our beloved Bently (dog).  They know our habits before we leave.  I get five kitty sets of eyeballs on me staring at me for days before I leave, they just know.  They telling me noooo, but I am saying yes lol.  I have a cat sitter that comes twice a day, plays with them and spends time with them.  I also have a feral kitty outdoors that I been taking care of for a bit over 12 years.  12 years is very very old for a feral kitty.  I trapped her fixed her but the vet said she is aggressive won't like inside.  12 years later, feeding her daily, giving her a house with heating pad during winter months she still won't let me pet her, guess she knows how to survive.  🙂 He is so cute, thank you for sharing.

It’s funny that you think you should be allowed to pet a cat.  As if servants are allowed to touch anyone.  😂

I turn on the water every 15 minutes for our cat.  He has thyroid disease.  I used to get irritated.  Now I’m just grateful that he’s still here at age 19.

• Like 4

Our experience in the Retreat/Michael's is that if there's something in particular that you'd like, and you convince the bartender that you'll be around to enjoy it, pretty much anything available in onboard bar inventory will be made to appear for the duration of your cruise.  If it's a little scarce, it may even be kept below the bar.

• Like 1

I dont remember seeing anyone with a blended drink in the Retreat Lounge last month on Apex. That being said. The E Class ships can make blended drinks at the Retreat Pool Bar one deck up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I dont remember seeing anyone with a blended drink in the Retreat Lounge last month on Apex. That being said. The E Class ships can make blended drinks at the Retreat Pool Bar one deck up.

That is my recollection as well.  Seems lacking to not have a truly full service bar in the Retreat Lounge.

• Like 1

Just now, Liao said:

That is my recollection as well.  Seems lacking to not have a truly full service bar in the Retreat Lounge.

How many people like hearing a blender crushing ice in a lounge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Liao said:

My number one complaint about Edge was that there was no bar in the lounge.  The server would come around, take my order, disappear to somewhere, then come back with my drink.   I like to watch the bartender make my drink and the Edge just did not provide that.. 

• Like 1

I found that uncomfortably jarring on edge on my one and only cruise on her. For people who like to sit at the bar and chat with the bartender, that was going to happen and if you like to watch your drinks being made, you’re out of luck.  There was no chance to say “could you add another splash of soda to that for me, please”. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This was from May 2024, when they started charging upcharges in Retreatfor the first time 

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

I find it interesting that the Elegance chard, pinot, and cab are not on this list. For those who don’t know, these are the wines, made by Kendall Jackson, for Celebrity. The chard has, in the past, been included in the PP, the reds have not. That is another thing I don’t  understand as you would think they would feature/push these wines. 

54 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There was no chance to say “could you add another splash of soda to that for me, please”. 

Or to say "add a little more rum to that please" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I find it interesting that the Elegance chard, pinot, and cab are not on this list. For those who don’t know, these are the wines, made by Kendall Jackson, for Celebrity. The chard has, in the past, been included in the PP, the reds have not. That is another thing I don’t  understand as you would think they would feature/push these wines. 

I had the Kendall-Jackson Pinot Noir in Luminae and there was no upcharge. 

IMG_1499.thumb.JPG.9db51c2bfda0994e829df43904c7be0f.JPG

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I had the Kendall-Jackson Pinot Noir in Luminae and there was no upcharge. 

IMG_1499.thumb.JPG.9db51c2bfda0994e829df43904c7be0f.JPG

This is the regular KJ pinot, not the Celebrity Elegance one. The Elegance one appears on the bar/restaurant wine lists with a small upcharge - $2.00 or $3.00.

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I saw someone get blended drinks in the lounge last month on Apex.  They came from the back so maybe it was the outside Retreat bar.  Agree, don't want a bender in the lounge.

• Like 2