Oasis Lagoon at Coco CAY

DB2VA

At Coco Cay does the Oasis Lagoon have live music / DJ?  In my research it says yes. But I just read a recent review that said there was no music.when they were there.  Checking with recent cruisers to see if it was just that day or a permanent change. Thank you. 

Posted (edited)

I don't recall any live music there in our last few visits in the last three years.  But we also tend to go to the far end under the walkway bridge past the swim up bar so maybe it would be elsewhere in the venue.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Other than when you first get off the tram at the Cul-de-sac, we didn't hear any live music anywhere.  Was there in late April on the RCI WoS, coincidently, we were in port for the first time that any X ship (Reflection) brought passengers to CoCo Cay.  I mention this because IDK if that music was to welcome X or is a routine thing

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Other than when you first get off the tram at the Cul-de-sac, we didn't hear any live music anywhere.  Was there in late April on the RCI WoS, coincidently, we were in port for the first time that any X ship (Reflection) brought passengers to CoCo Cay.  I mention this because IDK if that music was to welcome X or is a routine thing

They play the "Perfect Day" music with all arrivals in our experience.  Wasn't just for X.

• Thanks 1

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

They play the "Perfect Day" music with all arrivals in our experience.  Wasn't just for X.

Do they use live singers?

To clarify, they had a live singer, we didn't hang out there so I can only recall them singing Margaritaville.  Since the OP asked about live music, if they played music through the speakers, I wouldn't have commented

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do they use live singers?

To clarify, they had a live singer, we didn't hang out there so I can only recall them singing Margaritaville.  Since the OP asked about live music, if they played music through the speakers, I wouldn't have commented

The band at the end of the pier greeting the arriving passengers with the "Perfect Day" music was live in our experiences.

But that was the only area I recall live music. I believe Hideaway beach has a DJ.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All the times we have been there, they have a DJ starting at about 10:30am. They were located on one of the little “islands” in the pool across from the swim-up bar. It is too loud for us, so we try to “hide” in the pool on the opposite side of the “islands” or past the bridge. 

Todays tip: Get there early and enjoy some quieter time.

One possible caveat: We have not been there since Hideaway Bay opened and I have heard they do have a DJ there. One can only hope they moved the lagoon pool DJ there! 

In the picture below, the swim up bar is the large structure straight ahead. The “island” with the DJ is the palm tree area directly in front. For a quieter experience, go to the right.

mac_tlc

IMG_9207.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc

DJ is no longer at Oasis Lagoon, they now have canned music from a DJ iPod. 

This is since the live DJ has been moved to Hadaway Beach When it opened.

Actual live music can occasionally be found at Captain Jacks but that usually acoustic guitar and only a few hours

17 hours ago, Nado44 said:

DJ only at the Oasis pool. Buy a pass for the adults-only Hideaway Beach if you're looking for live music.

There is no longer a DJ at the Oasis pool. They removed the DJ booth that was located across from the swim up bar earlier this year.  I have been to Coco Cay roughly 40 times now. The swim up bar used to be a very lively area with a DJ playing music most of the day. Now that experience has been moved to the Hideaway Beach pool. My experience at the Hideaway Beach pool (I have been there three times) is it closely replicates the previous experience at the Oasis Lagoon pool. The only difference is now you have to pay for the experience. I would only go to Hideaway Beach in the cooler months since the heated pool is worth the price to me, assuming it is under $40. I haven’t been to Hideaway Beach the last half-dozen or so times I have been there, but I will likely pay to go there again on several cruises I have booked in December, January and February. The Oasis Lagoon swim up bar area is now a lot less crowded and it is much easier to get a drink at the bar there with little to no wait. 

9 minutes ago, DB2VA said:

Thank you so much for all this information. I paid for Hideaway Beach. 

Same, I wasn't going to but a few weeks ago it was really high in price (talking like 100 CAD) for my cruise and now it was just over 40 so I'm ok with that.

On 8/2/2024 at 4:49 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

what is Perfect Day music?

1 hour ago, hcat said:

googled and watched the video with song..

Not Very Impressive!

Not to mention just to be sure you remember the perfect day, they play it continuously until the most of the passengers have disembarked....and then some!  LOL

17 hours ago, hcat said:

googled and watched the video with song..

Not Very Impressive!

I see what they did there. Used the music of Lovely Day and changed the lyrics. I like that song, so I’d be okay with this. I would like to experience Perfect Day, but ugh. So many cruises are paired up with Nassau and Bimini, which I have no desire to visit.