Price of Princess Plus just went up to $84...was I under a rock?

MudderBear

Yikes!  I just went to check on fares for Alaska (I've already booked, thank goodness) but was interested in switching things around.  Was I surprised to see that Princess Plus went up to $84 per person from $60.  Did y'all know about this?  Why didn't I.  Gheesh....I've spent the last 10 days just batteling the Princess site trying to get it to work that I totally missed the increase announcement.

2 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Yikes!  I just went to check on fares for Alaska (I've already booked, thank goodness) but was interested in switching things around.  Was I surprised to see that Princess Plus went up to $84 per person from $60.  Did y'all know about this?  Why didn't I.  Gheesh....I've spent the last 10 days just batteling the Princess site trying to get it to work that I totally missed the increase announcement.

Not on my computer.  Plus is still $60 a day and Premier is still $80 a day.  Maybe the $84 is the Plus Beverage Plan.

It must be a glitch because now that I look at it, it has the Plus more expensive than the Premiere.

Upgrade to a Package and Save

Best Value

Princess 

Premier

Sail as carefree as possible

was $228

$80

per person/day

Save 65%

Princess 

Plus

Save on things you’ll probably do anyway

was $177

$84

per person/day

Save 52%

Show package details

1 minute ago, MudderBear said:

It must be a glitch because now that I look at it, it has the Plus more expensive than the Premiere.

Upgrade to a Package and Save

Best Value

Princess 

Premier

Sail as carefree as possible

was $228

$80

per person/day

Save 65%

Princess 

Plus

Save on things you’ll probably do anyway

was $177

$84

per person/day

Save 52%

Show package details

Where do you see the price?

in my personalizer I click on bundles link

You are probably looking at the stand alone alcohol package not the plus package which the first 2 in the cabin must take and includes alcohol and Wi-Fi and grats

31 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Now it's up to $100 per day.  LOL.  This is crazy.  It is defintely a mistake.  Here's a screen shot

image.png

Try a different device.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Now it's up to $100 per day.  LOL.  This is crazy.  It is defintely a mistake.  Here's a screen shot

image.png

But you would be saving 49%!  Better hop on it before it goes up further 😉

Are you outside the US?

If I were in your shoes, because others aren't seeing similar issues, I would try deleting cookies and possibly a different browser.  May help, can't hurt.

• Like 2

There seems to be a problem with the web site.  I had to book without Plus and then ad it after booking to get correct price.  My TA had to call and have the correct price located.  The page on the cruise said $68 a day for Plus and $146 for Premier.

• Like 1

I’m seeing $64pp per day on an 11 day cruise for a double cabin and $69 per day for a single cabin for princess plus.  I have been watching this cruise for awhile and the price of Princess Plus has been $60pp.   Interesting that it changed the same time (today) that the new “special” of up to $400 of OBC started.  For this 11 day cruise the special OBC was $100 per person.  So I would pay 11x$4 or $44 more for princess plus so the net OBC is $56.  As a single I would pay $99 more for princess plus and get $100OBC.  What a deal!!

I could be wrong, but I THINK Princess may be (secretly) experimenting with demand pricing for the Plus/Premier packages (the same way RC does). I say this, not from anything factual or scientific, but because I am in the Princess booking engine (Polar) and the Princess website constantly to compare pricing for me clients. (As an aside, I'm either a fabulous TA as I constantly monitor price drops for my clients or a CRAPPY TA as I'm constantly doing myself out of commission due to price drops...but I digress). Anyways...in my monitoring, I have found the pricing for all 3 fares (standard/plus/premier) fluctuates constantly on the website - as others have reported, sometimes the Plus fare is higher than the Premier fare and sometimes they are most definitely NOT $60/$80 a day. Not always. Just sometimes. And sailing dependent. And sometimes more if only one passenger rather than two. Weird. In Polar, the pricing is generally consistent but I always price out each fare independently and then price out standard with Plus or Premier added separately - sounds crazy since the price should be the same regardless. Well, should be...but isn't always. Moral of the story? Either monitor pricing or get a TA that will...not all of them will/do. (And, no, I'm not taking on any clients...🤣)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I could be wrong, but I THINK Princess may be (secretly) experimenting with demand pricing for the Plus/Premier packages (the same way RC does).

It seems more likely to me that they are showing the price for a different currency by accident. They've shown the AUD price for a USD cruise before, for example.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MudderBear said:

it has been glitching periodically like this for months now. Every couple of weeks somebody asks on CC why the price went up, but an hour later it's back to normal.

• Like 1

Gosh darn it.  It's still showing $84 for me.  I want to book a different cruise type and then cancel my original one.  I actually want to price out what the "new" booking would cost...but can't yet.  This is a pain.

Posted (edited)

I've noticed the price for Plus has varied with pricing solo cruises for myself. One was $124 per day. But it's always happened after the final payment date, not months before it.

Edited by geoherb