Late embarkation question on Emerald, Boston...

Jetswdo

Hi all. I usually like to show up at cruise terminal 10:30-11:30 am ish.  The ship is scheduled to leave Boston at 10:00 pm.  After checking out of hotel which is by the airport, we will have finished with sightseeing, and just want to get on the ship. My question is:  Can we still arrive at ship at our usual embarkation time? Thanks, Anita

I think you are on the Emerald Princess which is scheduled to arrive in Boston at 7am. If this is correct passengers will all disembark by 9:30/10:00am. I see no reason why boarding will be delayed. You should be able to check in and board as normal. 

Once you have your boarding pass the embarkation window with times will be displayed    If there are customs or Coast Guard inspections it may be later than usual. If you come early you may have to cool your heels for a bit

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lulu2 said:

Hi.... Looking for the roll call for the Emerald Princess Aug 11- Aug 28 to Greenland.  Is this it?

No, go to roll call link on initial Princess page, when you click boards link towards the top of the home page, then select Emerald Princess and scroll down till you see the August 11, 2024 date

Edited by wallyj

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

Once you have your boarding pass the embarkation window with times will be displayed 

Screenshot_20240804_195827_Princess.thumb.jpg.51e1714764605a86625860a940fb9271.jpg

Check-In window for Boston (4:00 pm departure)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Screenshot_20240804_195827_Princess.thumb.jpg.51e1714764605a86625860a940fb9271.jpg

Check-In window for Boston (4:00 pm departure)

When did this check in window show up for you?   You’re at 1 week before now.  Better than the 3 days before in the past.

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

When did this check in window show up for you?   You’re at 1 week before now.  Better than the 3 days before in the past.

Just today. 1 week ahead.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lulu2 said:

Hi.... Looking for the roll call for the Emerald Princess Aug 11- Aug 28 to Greenland.  Is this it?

Did you see the link below provided by @EDDY0827?  Just click on it.

Here it is again:

We’re on Sept 17th cruise which has a 10 pm departure.  Not sure if this is same date as OP. I believe this cruise originally had a 4 pm departure but when 1 stop was changed from Rockland (?) to Portland, the departure time from Boston was moved to 10 pm. 

HI-- OP here yes we are on the Sept 17 10:00 pm departure time. Boston to Quebec----

So I guess the Edocs will show the correct time-- we are in "green" lane, as done all the pre check stuff already.  I am just used to ships leaving embarkation day 4:00-6:00 pm or so--- that is why I am wondering if it is later then to actually get on the ship. People were wondering about this on the roll call, same as me...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 5:22 PM, Jetswdo said:

HI-- OP here yes we are on the Sept 17 10:00 pm departure time. Boston to Quebec----

So I guess the Edocs will show the correct time-- we are in "green" lane, as done all the pre check stuff already.  I am just used to ships leaving embarkation day 4:00-6:00 pm or so--- that is why I am wondering if it is later then to actually get on the ship. People were wondering about this on the roll call, same as me...

Yup - I'm curious too.  We're on the same sailing. We're driving in to Boston, and there's no sense in trying to arrive real early if they're not going to let us get onto the ship!

If it’s the Emerald, it shows arrival in BOS at 0700 on Sep 17th, if the website is correct.

So, you should be able to board much earlier in the day.  

Just watch

for the checkin window on the App, you’ll see the QR/BP code and below the check in window.  We always go earlier than the window, because we’re at a hotel or just want to get the party started! 😆  

Some have seen the App update 14 days before sailing with the info.

I’ve seen it 7 days to 2 days before sailing.

YMMV

On 8/4/2024 at 7:07 PM, geoherb said:

Which cruise has a 10 p.m. departure from Boston? We're on the August 28 one, which leaves at 4 p.m. 

The embarkation time for the August 28 Emerald Princess sailing from Boston has been delayed by a couple of hours.  The "Check-In Window" on my Boarding Pass says "12:30 pm - 3:30 pm".  Disembarkation is still scheduled for 4:00 pm.  My Travel Summary includes the following paragraph at the very end of the document:

EMBARKATION NOTIFICATION

Please be advised that on Wednesday, August 28, Emerald Princess will be entering the United States for the first time following an international itinerary, and must undergo a full immigration inspection for disembarking guests and crew upon arrival in Boston.
As a result, the terminal will be closed to embarking guests until noon on this day.
Please do not arrive at the terminal earlier than the noon to 3:00 PM boarding period as we cannot begin embarkation until immigration processes are completed, and crowding may slow operations. You can view the check-in start and end times on your OceanReady boarding pass in the Princess Cruises app.

5 hours ago, ArizonaStorm said:

The embarkation time for the August 28 Emerald Princess sailing from Boston has been delayed by a couple of hours.  The "Check-In Window" on my Boarding Pass says "12:30 pm - 3:30 pm".  Disembarkation is still scheduled for 4:00 pm.  My Travel Summary includes the following paragraph at the very end of the document:

EMBARKATION NOTIFICATION

Please be advised that on Wednesday, August 28, Emerald Princess will be entering the United States for the first time following an international itinerary, and must undergo a full immigration inspection for disembarking guests and crew upon arrival in Boston.
As a result, the terminal will be closed to embarking guests until noon on this day.
Please do not arrive at the terminal earlier than the noon to 3:00 PM boarding period as we cannot begin embarkation until immigration processes are completed, and crowding may slow operations. You can view the check-in start and end times on your OceanReady boarding pass in the Princess Cruises app.

Princess added that language recently. I saved a copy of the travel summary at the end of July. It was not there then. Which is odd since the previous itinerary is still the same as it was then.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy8 said:

I'm being told by Princess that the Terminal is closed to noon. So, you can't get on till after noon..Is this true?

Yes.  They have to get existing passengers OFF the ship first, and on that sailing they have to go through an immigration process, taking longer than usual.

35 minutes ago, ArizonaStorm said:

Yes.  They have to get existing passengers OFF the ship first, and on that sailing they have to go through an immigration process, taking longer than usual.

Thank you