Seven day cruise to Bermuda

I just came back from a seven day cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Eclipse. I loved the ship it was so clean. They were all so attentive. The rooms were cleaned and tidied up several times a day. When we were coming back from an excursion we were greeted with ice cold towels and orange or lemon infused ice water. I felt so pampered on this cruise. The solarium was my favorite place on the ship. I loved the relaxing spa music and the fact that the room was cool and the pool was warm.  There was a spa cafe with coffee, teas crushed ice with lemonade, water or fruit punch. You could buy smoothies which I didn’t try but they looked yummy. I loved sitting in there by the pool reading my book while drinking a strawberry frozen margarita which I bought in the main outdoor pool area next door. My frozen drink only cost $10.80 which included tip. 
We went to Horseshoe Bay by taking a van that only cost $7 each way. Horseshoe Bay is amazing and shouldn’t be missed. I really could go on and on about this cruise it was so amazing. We got a balcony room I thought it was really roomy for two people the balcony was amazing. If anyone is interested in Glass Beach the bus to Hamilton will drop you off right in front of it. I will probably post more about my trip. I wanted to write something while it was fresh in my mind. 

IMG_8381.jpeg

IMG_8394.jpeg

IMG_8398.jpeg

IMG_8409.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8421.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8454.jpeg

IMG_8485.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg

• Like 12

We were on the July 7 sailing & loved it. We have been to Bermuda before by cruise ship & also sailed our own boat there from NY & stayed a week. Although we really enjoyed the ship, we hated the crowds. We couldn't get a lounge chair in the solarium or outside. The food was fantastic.  We had a balcony cabin also - first time for us & loved it to get away from the crowds. I would never sail to Bermuda  starting mid June as it's just too crowded. Horseshoe bay & Tobacco bay were just covered with lounge chairs. I brought my own Helinox chair for both beaches as well as a fold up cooler & it was hard to find a place to put it in the sand as there was so many people & loungers. We think Bermuda is better from memorial day until June 15. We loved Murano- one of the best restaurants for food & service we have had in a long time. We will be back on CELEBRITY again! Booked a FCC & looking to book another cruise now. We are going on the Flora to the Galapagos next June. 

• Like 2

very nice review..  where did you get the Van to Horshoe Bay, and  then coming back to the ship.  How long did you stay there? ..looks great.

Been to Bermuda quite a bit but never to that beach.

Ship looks good..we are booked on her in 2026 ,  but not Bermuda

• Like 1

I just got home, was on your cruise as well. Great time, fantastic weather. I went to St George/Tobacco/Ft Catherine twice, with Horseshoe on the middle day. Took the three day transpo pass, ferry and buses were great.

• Like 2

What was the show with the hat called?  On ours it was a bit different.  There was a glass globe above the hat showing a person singing.  Did they include that on the show you saw?  I see a brown disc in your pic.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

very nice review..  where did you get the Van to Horshoe Bay, and  then coming back to the ship.  How long did you stay there? ..looks great.

The van is a short walk from the ship. You will see vans and taxis parked. There is a sign that says minibus to horeshoe Bay. There is a minivan that leaves around every 15 minutes. When you want to leave the beach you will find one of the vans waiting for passengers. It brings you right to the entrance and picks you up there. 

IMG_7553.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What was the show with the hat called?  On ours it was a bit different.  There was a glass globe above the hat showing a person singing.  Did they include that on the show you saw?  I see a brown disc in your pic.

It was called The Topper. 

2 hours ago, jayoldschool said:

I just got home, was on your cruise as well. Great time, fantastic weather. I went to St George/Tobacco/Ft Catherine twice, with Horseshoe on the middle day. Took the three day transpo pass, ferry and buses were great.

Wasn’t it wonderful?? 🥰

1 hour ago, cbenjisgirl said:

This picture shows the singing face. 

IMG_8504.jpeg

It’s freaky and cool at the same time.  Reminds me of a crystal ball.  Like in the Wizard of Oz.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 7:13 PM, hcat said:

The vans are close to the ship upon departure- just ask. They drop you off at the bottom of the hill & wait there until a van is full before heading back. I think we left the beach around 3pm but there was a lot more people still on the beach. The Norwegian Joy was also there so this added amount of people made the beaches very crowded. The Joy ship had a lot of kids. We went memorial day week pre COVID & the beach wasn't nearly as full. I hated having people right next to me on the beach & our next trip we will go earlier in the season. We were in SD, WY& CO in late May- June so we couldn't go back to Bermuda during that time frame. 

Glad you had a great time. We were on Eclipse the week before and loved it. Would recommend the small group Crystal Cave and Aquarium tour. Our tour guide was amazing .. learned a lot about Bermuda   I heard the fees for the cruise ships are high, but really wished we had had 1 more day there

• Like 1

I cruise to Bermuda every year and I much prefer cruises before mid-June because of the crowds.  This year I did Eclipse over the Memorial Day weekend - still tough to get a seat at the Solarium, but I often stay on board on the day we dock and enjoy an almost empty solarium.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 9:40 PM, cbenjisgirl said:

The van is a short walk from the ship. You will see vans and taxis parked. There is a sign that says minibus to horeshoe Bay. There is a minivan that leaves around every 15 minutes. When you want to leave the beach you will find one of the vans waiting for passengers. It brings you right to the entrance and picks you up there. 

IMG_7553.png

thank you...can't miss that sign!

Aloha.  Have been blessed to cruise to Bermuda regularly since 1976 and many  weekends by air staying at several hotels. Bermuda is a special place and always enjoyed docking on Front Street years ago.  Love reading your posts and others and thank you for posting!

• Like 1

We are not beach people but have reserved space at Elbow Beach(may not be available anymore) and they provided chairs, umbrella, drink service and the nice restaurant right by the beach was available for lunch. Perfect day. We did pay a considerable amount but worth it.

In June we decided to try Horseshoe Bay the first day in Bermuda and decided to use the local bus service.  Note: We do recommend their bus/ferry service for others places to visit.  However, the bus was so crowded we stood the whole time and it dropped us off at the top of the hill on the main street.  Beach was even more  crowded and ir was totally disappointing.  We opted to use the van service close by to return to the ship and chalk it up to bad planning.  I will mention that the following days we saw that the crowds getting on at the bus stop was not busy at all.

NOTICE:  Not sure it was this particular cruise or that it was during summer break however there were an enormous number of children on this cruise, I heard someone mention it was about 15% of the passengers.  The main hot and pool area was CROWED with adults and children all the time.  Didn't really affect us, however some people might get upset.

Food was OK, not great.  

FYI, this ship has a glass making studio up by the lawn.  My wife made a glass flower.  Pricey but not way overpriced.

We did the shuttle back and forth to Horse Shoe Bay.  Crowded but still very nice.  HATED the little beach in the port.  Will NEVER do that again.

• Like 1

I'm in the "we loved the Bermuda cruise" club.  We did it years ago (May 2016) on the Summit from Bayonne, and had a really great time.  Rented a moped to ride all over (very fun), and felt is was noticeably - to us - more pleasant than almost any Caribbean port.  

It's the one cruise I wish my mom would join us on (she remembers Bermuda from her childhood), but she seems adamantly anti-cruise (and mostly anti-travel) nowadays 😞 Her loss, but also a real shame as she lives in Jersey so could easily be picked up by us for the short trip to the port.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 6:38 PM, jayoldschool said:

The beach was packed since in addition to the two ships, it was a national holiday there. Did you see the crew making the documentary on the Bobbies?

I didn’t notice that. Very cool 😎 

Can't recommend Tobacco Beach enough.  Beautiful water with lots of fish for snorkeling.  We took the St George's ferry and walked the mile or so to the beach. It is uphill though. We also passed by the unfinished church on the way which was neat.