HAL Flight Ease

Anyone know when booking flights thru Flightease is available for a cruise? Mine us end of June, 2025.... booking is now available thru airline but in the Navigator app it does not let me search.

Maybe I should just call them tomorrow.

I may need to call anyway as we are going in a week early to tour on our own. I am mainly interested in just booking the flight home thru HAL

Thanks for any info you might have.

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

335 days prior to your final cruise date., that is the day you disembark 

It's 330 from the cruise end date/disembarkation date.  Also, OP - use a web browser not the app. A bigger screen will be your friend here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travelingla said:

Anyone know when booking flights thru Flightease is available for a cruise? Mine us end of June, 2025.... booking is now available thru airline but in the Navigator app it does not let me search.

Maybe I should just call them tomorrow.

I may need to call anyway as we are going in a week early to tour on our own. I am mainly interested in just booking the flight home thru HAL

Thanks for any info you might have.

My cruise ends, end of June 2025, I was able to book August 4th, 2025.  Do you have a desktop or IPad, don’t use the APP, go to Google, Holland America, then manage my cruise, choose flights, then login and you should be able to search for your flights.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, travelingla said:

Thank you - I am on my desk top now & the same thing happens - all I get is the screen that asks where we are departing from .... I submit & nothing happens.....

I'll call tomorrow.

Yes, they might not have set your home airport correctly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Yes, they might not have set your home airport correctly.  

Well, I booked it myself on AA site as price was good - flying DFW nonstop & HAL didn't have it yet -  had plenty w/layovers.... said the one I want may be added in  a few weeks or 'months' ... not waiting that long🤔

Edited by travelingla
update

Just a reminder, if you wish to spend a few days at your disembarkation port it is 330 days from the day you wish to fly home, not from the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelingla said:

Well, I booked it myself on AA site as price was good - flying DFW nonstop & HAL didn't have it yet -  had plenty w/layovers.... said the one I want may be added in  a few weeks or 'months' ... not waiting that long🤔

They told me they no longer have a contract with American. Who knows what the truth is

20 hours ago, travelingla said:

Anyone know when booking flights thru Flightease is available for a cruise?

From the FlightEase website:

Now available from 330 days up to 4 days prior to departure.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, floridababa said:

They told me they no longer have a contract with American. Who knows what the truth is

This is correct. AA stopped awarding miles for flights booked through travel agencies so HAL stopped doing business with them.

Edited by ChinaShrek

18 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

This is correct. AA stopped awarding miles for flights booked through travel agencies so HAL stopped doing business with them.

However AA removed this failed decision and is working hard to get back the contracts.  Hopefully FE will re-sign

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ellencruise said:

British Airways and Iberia are American affiliates. My TA was able to get BA flights and seats through FE. If you compare times and dates on AA, it’s the same flight.

But whose plane is it? That probably affects a lot of things around this AA issue.

I booked a cruise mid May 2025, thru a TA not HAL direct. When we booked it was more than the 330 days out. Now I log in on the website and enter our departure city and dates and nothing happens. Is it because it has to be done thru the TA?  I was hoping to be able to look at flight options myself often as availability and prices seem to fluctuate a lot. Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

I booked a cruise mid May 2025, thru a TA not HAL direct. When we booked it was more than the 330 days out. Now I log in on the website and enter our departure city and dates and nothing happens. Is it because it has to be done thru the TA?  I was hoping to be able to look at flight options myself often as availability and prices seem to fluctuate a lot. Any suggestions?

It helps if you unblock pop ups in your settings. Whenever I want to look at FE info, I unblock and all information is available.

• Like 1

I checked FlightEase frequently for my upcoming Alaska cruise as I was flying into Vancouver and out of Anchorage. It DID NOT show up at 330 days prior for either date, and prices for both flights were substantially higher than direct with the airlines. ( I wanted JetBlue out and United back.) Further, it didn't even have the United nonstop flight. I was very disappointed as I expected their one way  prices to be better. Maybe that is only true for international, and domestic and US to Canada don't qualify. 

10 hours ago, sambamama said:

I checked FlightEase frequently for my upcoming Alaska cruise as I was flying into Vancouver and out of Anchorage. It DID NOT show up at 330 days prior for either date, and prices for both flights were substantially higher than direct with the airlines. ( I wanted JetBlue out and United back.) Further, it didn't even have the United nonstop flight. I was very disappointed as I expected their one way  prices to be better. Maybe that is only true for international, and domestic and US to Canada don't qualify. 

I have never found domestic flights advantage. The only reason to book domestic would be if you have a tight schedule and want to take advantage of their “special protections”.  I always check just to be sure.  

the absolute best advantage is the ability to book now and pay later 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I have never found domestic flights advantage. The only reason to book domestic would be if you have a tight schedule and want to take advantage of their “special protections”.  I always check just to be sure.  

the absolute best advantage is the ability to book now and pay later 

And don't forget if you pay with gift cards, you save another 8%.

• Like 1

Well, I had a $50 Amex credit for the Jetblue flight, so that would beat any 8% gift card credit.  And the flight prices were pretty fair, especially given they were nonstop and one way (at least at this point.)  So I wasn't going to gamble and hope they drop in price. 

I make a point to never, ever book tight connections.  I leave at least  90 minutes for domestic and 2 hours for international, and perhaps more depending on airports and the situation of having to go thru security, change terminals, clear customs, reclaim luggage, etc. 

• Like 3