Deck Plans

I don’t know if they have “hard copies” of the deck plans on board but you could go to your Cruise Manager, click on Booking & Order Details, scroll down to Explore Carnival Your Ship, click on that and click on Deck Plans, scroll down and click on Download PDF. Click on your print button and adjust your Scale to Fit to paper and print. I printed mine on both sides.IMG_7885.thumb.jpeg.020e0b1bb9121736c78332926e260e79.jpegIMG_7884.thumb.jpeg.7ff6bd2b943ca5fd3afbbe2d28eee777.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think with Carnival trying to make as many cuts as possible to save money, coupled with the fact that they're available online for anyone to print themselves, and most people use the app, they'll be gone very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matt082600 said:

On my Pride sailing in July, I was able to get a printout of the deck plans from guest services as well.

I remember from back in the ol days those trips-fold cards showing the deck plans.  I like using the app much better. 

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

I think with Carnival trying to make as many cuts as possible to save money, coupled with the fact that they're available online for anyone to print themselves, and most people use the app, they'll be gone very soon. 

I think this change has happened across the board, not just Carnival.  Kind of makes sense.   It sounds like the deck maps might still be available from guest services.   Should be as not everyone has a smart phone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I think this change has happened across the board, not just Carnival.  Kind of makes sense.   It sounds like the deck maps might still be available from guest services.   Should be as not everyone has a smart phone.  

We haven't used the paper copies in many years. The cruise lines waste so much paper and slowly they're starting to transition away from that. Our trash can fills up daily with the stuff they deliver to the cabins between paper copies of The Fun Times, Park West ads, Spa ads, and other random stuff. That's just stuff delivered to the cabins. Then you add in the paper maps that some ships still have amongst other stuff, it's a lot of waste, and wasted money.

I understand some people still enjoy paper copies of things but at some point they need to realize it's almost 2025. It's time to adapt to the current landscape. You're right, there are still 3% of Americans who do not own a smartphone according to Pew Research. The 97% can use the app. For those 3%, there are still deck maps available by each elevator and also online, where they can print out at home if they need it. 

It reminds me of the Progressive insurance commercials where the people still printed their airline tickets and the commercial says "don't become your parents". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

We haven't used the paper copies in many years. The cruise lines waste so much paper and slowly they're starting to transition away from that. Our trash can fills up daily with the stuff they deliver to the cabins between paper copies of The Fun Times, Park West ads, Spa ads, and other random stuff. That's just stuff delivered to the cabins. Then you add in the paper maps that some ships still have amongst other stuff, it's a lot of waste, and wasted money.

I understand some people still enjoy paper copies of things but at some point they need to realize it's almost 2025. It's time to adapt to the current landscape. You're right, there are still 3% of Americans who do not own a smartphone according to Pew Research. The 97% can use the app. For those 3%, there are still deck maps available by each elevator and also online, where they can print out at home if they need it. 

It reminds me of the Progressive insurance commercials where the people still printed their airline tickets and the commercial says "don't become your parents". 

I love those "don't become your parents" ads.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I get why people may want to carry paper copies on a cruise ship and not be staring at their phones all day. 

Why would someone who doesn't have a map be staring at their phone all day?   Would they be staring at the paper map all day?  Or maybe they would look at the paper map only when needed, just exactly the same as they would do with their smart phone.    

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Why would someone who doesn't have a map be staring at their phone all day?   Would they be staring at the paper map all day?  Or maybe they would look at the paper map only when needed, just exactly the same as they would do with their smart phone.    

Why does it matter to you?  There are many people who just like to put their phones away and not stare at screens when they are on vacation.  Maybe they're happy with their little paper maps.  You be you and let them be them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish Carnival still had the deck plan cards. they are small and lighter than a cell phone and don't need recharging. They don't break if you drop them, and who cares if they get stolen? They were born again for Carnival Celebration, at least for a little while.

IMG_0309.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day, we were handed a tri-fold map of the ship upon embarking by staff in the lobby/atrium area.

I've found several of those old, tri-fold ships' deck maps. They make me smile. I could bring them out for re-use - but at least one ship has undergone a significant drydock with noticeable changes. 

Now, I'll ask for one at Guest Services or use one of the many conveniently displayed throughout the ship.

• Thanks 1

I like using the Hub App. I can click where I want to go and it tells me the deck and which direction. I also use the maps around the ship as well. I used to love the trifold maps but I'm okay without them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Why does it matter to you?  There are many people who just like to put their phones away and not stare at screens when they are on vacation.  Maybe they're happy with their little paper maps.  You be you and let them be them. 

Using a phone or a paper map matters not at all to me.   My comment was about gross exaggerations made in an attempt to support one's viewpoint.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ldubs said:

I remember from back in the ol days those trips-fold cards showing the deck plans.  I like using the app much better. 

I'm slowly getting used to the app...  😁

• Like 2

23 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

I like using the Hub App. I can click where I want to go and it tells me the deck and which direction. I also use the maps around the ship as well. I used to love the trifold maps but I'm okay without them.

thank you... this was info i was hoping to see from this thread. 

• Thanks 1

One thing I learned with COViID was that not everyone has a cell phone, and some who do don't know how to use it.

There are a lot of people out there that are afraid of tech, others that just can't retain the info. Early days covid, we were on zoom daily, and man asked about a month in whether there were long distance charges for dial in. Woman said no, but then double checked with me cuz I worked in phone industry. Checked with man, and he was calling in with landline, and had no LD package. He had a $200 bill for the month. (Thankfully phone company knocked it down to $20).

I sent a different friend a Google maps link, and she didn't understand that she should click on the underlined words to get a map.

Smart phone adoption and evolution has been astounding, but a significant portion of the U.S. has been left behind, to say nothing of other countries.

• Like 1