Princess Sapphire Dock in St Thomas

5 minutes ago, Jolly Mon Sings said:

Where does Princess Sapphire dock in St. Thomas? How far from Crown Bay Marina? Thx.

Not being crabby or insulting here. Really. Just trying to be informative. Princess ships are named with the ship name first and the line second: Sapphire Princess rather than Princess Sapphire. It's not a big deal and, like I said, I really am not being snarky. I just know that, if it was me, I would prefer to know how to reference the ship.

You will love Sapphire Princess. We would be happy to sail on her anytime. I've tried and tried to remember where we docked in St. Thomas but am coming up with a blank. Sorry about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jolly Mon Sings said:

Where does Princess Sapphire dock in St. Thomas? How far from Crown Bay Marina? Thx.

Nov. 6th - Wednesday

Sapphire Princess 2,674 Guests
WICO (10:00 AM - 10:00 PM)
West Indian Company aka Havensight dock is where I think you will dock, all subject to change.
Crown bay to Haven sight about  2.5 miles.
Edited by arizonaperson

You can search the V.I. port site for pier assignments. It appears that Oct & November 2024 are not yet posted. They should be very soon. My initial thinking is that the ship would dock in Havensight which is closer to downtown. Crown Bay is a few miles east of the downtown area. You have to check once the port authorities post the assignments.

https://www.viport.com/schedule-cruise-ports 

15 minutes ago, skynight said:

You can search the V.I. port site for pier assignments. It appears that Oct & November 2024 are not yet posted. They should be very soon. My initial thinking is that the ship would dock in Havensight which is closer to downtown. Crown Bay is a few miles east of the downtown area. You have to check once the port authorities post the assignments.

https://www.viport.com/schedule-cruise-ports 

Thanks for that web site. It's a new one for me & at least they let you post it on CC.

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Princess will dock at Havensight.

Other cruise lines will dock at Crown.

If you have a balcony and are interested in a nice view, if you are on the side of the shop that looks over the harbor, not the port, it is very nice.

Enjoy!!!

FWIW, we will be at St Thomas on October 23 on the Sun. The Sun and HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam are at WICO/Havensight and the Icon Of The Seas and her 234,638 passengers are at Crown Bay.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, we will be at St Thomas on October 23 on the Sun. The Sun and HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam are at WICO/Havensight and the Icon Of The Seas and her 234,638 passengers are at Crown Bay.

Zowie! I'm guessing that number of passengers was an accidental typo. Icon of the Seas has passenger "double occupancy" capacity of 5,610 and a "maximum passenger capacity" of 7,600 passengers. (Holy cow! both of those numbers boggle me. That's just too dang many people! (BTW... This actually says Holy Cow... পবিত্র গাভী I know, off topic, etc. but I find it "interesting". 🙂

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Zowie! I'm guessing that number of passengers was an accidental typo. Icon of the Seas has passenger "double occupancy" capacity of 5,610 and a "maximum passenger capacity" of 7,600 passengers. (Holy cow! both of those numbers boggle me. That's just too dang many people! (BTW... This actually says Holy Cow... পবিত্র গাভী I know, off topic, etc. but I find it "interesting". 🙂

No, it was an intentional typo, written by someone who is VERY happy that huge mob will be at another dock area ;o).

• Haha 1