Port Canaveral - Equinox in Jan 2025 - which terminal

Does anyone know which terminal Equinox will use in January 2025?  I was looking for a hotel & someone showed a picture of a Holiday Inn with terminal #3 right across the street.  Thanks, Kris

The Port Canaveral cruise line schedule only goes thru Sept. 30. It will be updated eventually.  Cruise terminal 1 is the primary one used by RCCL. If there is no other Royal ship in port that day, Equinox could use that one. All of this is pure speculation as this is Celebrity’s first year sailing from PC.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Agree with @Straughn above.  My guess would be that RCCL will have a ship in CT1 and that Celebrity will be in CT3.  As noted, it depends on what ships are in port that day but these are the most likely.

There will be large signs as you approach the port to direct you.

Edited by jalves
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I've been wondering too and was initially assuming Terminal 1 but there are 6 ships in port the day I sail (including 2 Carnivals, 1 Disney, and 1 NCL) and I'm wondering if RCCL's Voyager of the Seas gets first dibs on T1.

I guess it doesn't really matter right now but I'm curious nonetheless.

Edited by TJ O'Pootertoot
  • Like 1

With that mix of ships I'd say that yes, Voyager would be in T1.  I'd expect Celebrity to get T3, which is basically right next door.

The Carnival's and Disney ships are typically way down the west end of the port.  NCL is often at T10.  

Posted (edited)

I'm sure that the cruise line will make us all aware long before sailing date and that there will be clear signage on the day. It's still amusing, all of us trying to guess what the situation might be; possibly we should start a betting pool? I think I'm leaning T5....

In the meantime, it seems this is where we've gotten to.

giphy.gif

Edited by TJ O'Pootertoot

2 hours ago, TJ O'Pootertoot said:

I'm sure that the cruise line will make us all aware long before sailing date and that there will be clear signage on the day. It's still amusing, all of us trying to guess what the situation might be; possibly we should start a betting pool?

I

Looks like we need either a poll or a pool for this important question.   

On 8/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, TJ O'Pootertoot said:

I've been wondering too and was initially assuming Terminal 1 but there are 6 ships in port the day I sail (including 2 Carnivals, 1 Disney, and 1 NCL) and I'm wondering if RCCL's Voyager of the Seas gets first dibs on T1.

I guess it doesn't really matter right now but I'm curious nonetheless.

Disney will be at 8. That is their exclusive terminal barring an extreme emergency. So that eliminates 8 as an option.

20 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve never sailed from Port Canaveral. How does it compare with Port Everglades as far as traffic backups and chaos in general? I’m sailing on Equinox in mid-December and hope things run smoothly. 

Our cruise from Port Canaveral was a pleasant experience.  It was not as busy as Port Everglades.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve never sailed from Port Canaveral. How does it compare with Port Everglades as far as traffic backups and chaos in general? I’m sailing on Equinox in mid-December and hope things run smoothly. 

Easy..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I'm asking because I was curious if all of the terminals are walking distance from the holiday inn.

I doubt that…go to google maps and take a look.

Edited by PTC DAWG

23 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I'm asking because I was curious if all of the terminals are walking distance from the holiday inn.

Any terminal that's past the bridge will not be walkable; no pedestrians are allowed on the bridge.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

You could walk it. George King Blvd does have sidewalks. It's 1.5 km walking to the terminal that Royal Caribbean often uses, so just over a mile. It won't be a pretty walk, but as far as I recall, it's doable. Terminal 10 is quite a bit further - maybe 3 miles?

Maybe give the hotel a call and ask them to confirm?

Edited by mrgabriel

31 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

You could walk it. George King Blvd does have sidewalks. It's 1.5 km walking to the terminal that Royal Caribbean often uses, so just over a mile. It won't be a pretty walk, but as far as I recall, it's doable. Terminal 10 is quite a bit further - maybe 3 miles?

Maybe give the hotel a call and ask them to confirm?

From the hotel you can not walk to Terminal 5, 6, 8 and 10. There are no pedestrians allowed on the bridge. I would also not try to walk to Terminal 1 in the Florida sun with luggage. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

From the hotel you can not walk to Terminal 5, 6, 8 and 10. There are no pedestrians allowed on the bridge. I would also not try to walk to Terminal 1 in the Florida sun with luggage. 

Good to know. We lived in Melbourne for several years but only sailed with Royal Caribbean so are most familiar with the area around that terminal. (And Fish Lips!)

21 hours ago, keesar said:

Our cruise from Port Canaveral was a pleasant experience.  It was not as busy as Port Everglades.  

Interesting comment considering over twice as many passengers cruise out of Port Canaveral compared to Port Everglades every year. 

33 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Interesting comment considering over twice as many passengers cruise out of Port Canaveral compared to Port Everglades every year. 

It is laid out better with easier access, IMHO

I just found this.  They are expecting Terminal 1 for Equinox.  That looks like about a mile walk from Holiday Inn Express which is a little too far toting luggage.  We booked Residence Inn that has a $12 shuttle. 

4 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I just found this.  They are expecting Terminal 1 for Equinox.  That looks like about a mile walk from Holiday Inn Express which is a little too far toting luggage.  We booked Residence Inn that has a $12 shuttle. 

Smart call, you would not want to walk from Holiday Inn Express to CT1 with luggage. As has already been mentioned, CT3 (across from HIE) is a Carnival terminal - Mardi Gras and Glory cruise from there. In recent months, Symphony of the Seas has docked there on port of calls and NCL docked there on Sundays prior to the summer schedule. Carnival Venezia will be wintering here beginning in December and will using CT3 as well.

Of course things can change, but someone at the port who would definitely know told me Equinox will be at CT1 this winter. Wonder of the Seas is at that terminal on Sundays and Utopia is there on Fridays & Mondays. So it makes sense to put Equinox there since it will be mainly on Saturdays. 

I believe Voyager of the Seas is the same size as Adventure which currently docks at CT5 so I would expect Voyager will use that dock as well.

Princess will also be cruising out of Port Canaveral for the first time this winter and will be at CT6. So the port will be very busy this winter!

As far as traffic goes, Sundays have been the worst when Wonder is in port. We live about 2 miles from CT1 and we're on port property nearly every weekend. The traffic can sometimes back up for miles on 528 all the way to CT1, usually starting around 11:00 - 12:00.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1