Maybe all C&A members will stay on RCL after reading this

hopefully that's  one less crossover!

Unfortunately, more will cross esp for livelier E Class ships..and then they will  cry out for their multi drink coupons!

We used to cruise both lines but stick with X now....just a different experience and clientele...so far!

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Nothing scary here. I have sailed on Royal Caribbean and if the loyalty program is important to you then I will agree theirs is better than Celebrity. As far as the on board experience Royal Caribbean does have more Pay for restaurants but that's because the ships are cities and not cruise ships. You can't compare the Icon or Oasis class with the Edge class and be happy with Celebrity. Two different animals. These larger ships also have better entertainment. The smaller ships are more on par with Celebrity. Also Royal Caribbean does have a better drink package as it is all premium and Celebrity keeps diluting the premium offerings. Celebrity is for grown ups who want a certain itinerary that the Royal ships don't have access to due to size and Royal Caribbean is for families where the ship is the destination. Nothing new here.

the Loyalty programme is better?

Different - yes

Better depends mainly your drinking and wifi habits. If are Elite+, drink little or as in our case no alcohol and don't need unlimited wifi - Celebrity is way better.

Drinks:

Royal 5:  a day.

Celebrity: Unlimited speciality teas, coffees and chocolate. Sparkling wine, mimosas and Bloody Marys at the Elite breakfast. Enough water, sodas, ginger ale etc during Happy Hour to last you the next 24 hours, and fruit juices. Plus, alcoholic drinks during Happy Hour. 

Wifi: 

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

Different - yes

Better depends mainly your drinking and wifi habits. If are Elite+, drink little or as in our case no alcohol and don't need unlimited wifi - Celebrity is way better.

Drinks:

Celebrity: Unlimited speciality teas, coffees and chocolate. Sparkling wine, mimosas and Bloody Marys at the Elite breakfast. Enough water, sodas, ginger ale etc during Happy Hour to last you the next 24 hours, and fruit juices. Plus, alcoholic drinks during Happy Hour. 

Wifi: 

Sorry sent to soon

wifi:

Royal: 2 days unlimited, travel with a partner and share gives you 4 days. we normally cruise for a minimum of 12 days which leaves 8 days no wifi.

Celebrity: Elite 90 minutes per person, Elite + 240 minutes. These minutes can easily be spread over a 14 night cruise. For us another clear win for Celebrity

Laundry:

Royal: Zero?

Celebrity: 2 bags per person for Elite+, plus some pressing and dry cleaning. For us a clear win for Celebrity.

Enjoy the differences.

11 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Different - yes

Drinks:

Wifi: 

Being strapped down to a time limit in a lounge or at breakfast double fisting drinks isn't my idea of a benefit. Having the ability to have them where you want throughout the day has more appeal.  I'm fine with the tea and coffee that everyone gets. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry sent to soon

wifi:

Royal: 2 days unlimited, travel with a partner and share gives you 4 days. we normally cruise for a minimum of 12 days which leaves 8 days no wifi.

Celebrity: Elite 90 minutes per person, Elite + 240 minutes. These minutes can easily be spread over a 14 night cruise. For us another clear win for Celebrity

Laundry:

Celebrity: 2 bags per person for Elite+, plus some pressing and dry cleaning. For us a clear win for Celebrity.

Enjoy the differences.

Nobody communicates by email anymore. People use Wifi for streaming moves and using social media and text messaging. I'm looking at 500 unread emails in my mail box now which will be deleted unread because they are all solicitations. Even my bills come via a text message now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Being strapped down to a time limit in a lounge or at breakfast double fisting drinks isn't my idea of a benefit. Having the ability to have them where you want throughout the day has more appeal.  I'm fine with the tea and coffee that everyone gets. 

As I said different.

We don’t drink any alcohol but do drink lattes, hot chocolate and speciality teas all of which we enjoy in the comfort of the Al Bacio. Plus we have a total of 4 to 5 waters/ginger ale and tonic waters a day. Plus fresh fruit smoothies during our Elite Breakfast.  All of these drinks would come out 5 drink allowance we get on Royal hence Celebrity’s deal is far better for us.

Enjoy the differences.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Nobody communicates by email anymore. People use Wifi for streaming moves and using social media and text messaging. I'm looking at 500 unread emails in my mail box now which will be deleted unread because they are all solicitations. Even my bills come via a text message now.

41 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry sent to soon

wifi:

Laundry:

Enjoy the differences.

Royal does give free laundry in their perks. 

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Only if you are D+ 

It is still a perk. Listen, I could care less who likes what. I am laughing my butt off at some of the so called “high brow” Celebrity passengers who think that they cruise on a luxury line when in reality it’s a mass market line and their worried about having to rub elbows with the less common folk of Royal Caribbean. Some need to get over themselves. They are only special in their own minds. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

It is still a perk. Listen, I could care less who likes what. I am laughing my butt off at some of the so called “high brow” Celebrity passengers who think that they cruise on a luxury line when in reality it’s a mass market line and their worried about having to rub elbows with the less common folk of Royal Caribbean. Some need to get over themselves. They are only special in their own minds. 

As an Elite you also get laundry, which Ds do not get 

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Microsoft Outlook has a Focused inbox which is great.  Text messages are very insecure by the way.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not true. I do with others. 

You are the exception. Even my 92 year old father communicates via text and gets impatient if you don't reply right a way.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You are the exception. Even my 92 year old father communicates via text and gets impatient if you don't reply right a way.

Far from it. You are assuming. Received an Email from my 98 year old mother yesterday. She'll be 99 in December. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My 80-year-old mother doesn't have a cell phone. I have one, but maybe 10 people have the number. I don't want bills via text. E-mail is fine.

Don't assume your experience is identical to others'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doghog said:

How's that working out for ya? 

I'm 57 so I use carrier pigeons for emails myself.

True story, some people with too much time on their hands found out that transmitting information, bit by bit, drib by drab can, under certain circumstances, be faster with carrier pigeons than with computers.

Is A Pigeon Faster Than The Internet? | Hackaday

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

My 80-year-old mother doesn't have a cell phone. I have one, but maybe 10 people have the number. I don't want bills via text. E-mail is fine.

Don't assume your experience is identical to others'.

Neither should you.

• Haha 1

I cannot stand Jenna. Her writing is one sided and her opinions are never well thought out. She never takes the larger broader view of the traveling public into consideration and just writes from her own, one sided opinion.

• Thanks 1