New class of ships confirmed to be 225.000 tonnes.

3 hours ago, DutchCruiseFan said:

At NCL's Q2 earning presentation, they revealed the new class of ships to come in at approximately 225.000 tonnes. For reference, this is as big as Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

image.png.8b1d244d5af218a89dc2ee5253b71936.png

No thanks, not interested, in ships with a capacity of over 5000 passengers.

• Like 12

Too bad they don't announce 4 new 75000-90000 ton ships to replace the Star, Dawn, Sun and Sky. The new behemoth class will be so limited in where they can dock. Especially when most of the cruise ports are complaining of overtourism.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

Too bad they don't announce 4 new 75000-90000 ton ships to replace the Star, Dawn, Sun and Sky. The new behemoth class will be so limited in where they can dock. Especially when most of the cruise ports are complaining of overtourism.

I think the Jewel class is what replaces them once the NCL Behemoth launches.

NCL has used those ships as collateral on debt 2 years ago.

By NCL's payment schedule, all of the COVID debt should be paid off by 2030, along with Breakaway, Getaway and Escape.

That will allow financing for Behemoth class

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

So true!! Mind boggling of NCL's to do that!

NCL please, keep all 4 of your JEWEL class ships!! 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

SMALL ships NOT BIG ships

Maybe NCLH wants some NCL guests to look to Oceania and Regent SS while also trying to lure some RCCL Oasis Class and ICON Class guests to NCL.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Maybe NCLH wants some NCL guests to look to Oceania and Regent SS while also trying to lure some RCCL Oasis Class and ICON Class guests to NCL.

If NCLH would match my Latitudes status with whatever loyalty programs they have on Oceania and Regent, I'd be more inclined to consider those cruise lines.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, DutchCruiseFan said:

At NCL's Q2 earning presentation, they revealed the new class of ships to come in at approximately 225.000 tonnes. For reference, this is as big as Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

So, roughly 3100 pax on Pr1ma, about 3200 pax on V!va, almost 3600 on Aqua and the following Pr1ma class ship, then close to 3900 on each of the two methanol Pr1ma class ships, and finally jumping up to 5100 pax on everything on the drawing board after that.  That's quite a departure from the "smaller is better" mantra that NCL was touting prior to COVID as the new vision for their ships.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DutchCruiseFan said:

An open question to all who may wish to speculate:

How do you think NCL plans to fit all those additional passengers on the last few Pr1ma class ships?  Will they add an additional deck?  Will they make the ship longer by squeezing in an additional section somewhere around midship?  Will they convert more of the common areas such as the observation lounge, game room, etc. into staterooms?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

If NCLH would match my Latitudes status with whatever loyalty programs they have on Oceania and Regent, I'd be more inclined to consider those cruise lines.

No latitudes matching?  We would look at Oceania and/or Regent as well if they would do that. Do they even have a latitudes program for these other two cruise divisions of NCL?

• Like 3

One of the recent 3 questions "NCL Inner Circles" survey has to do with this (see below) - which I know and sure that more than a few of us received them ... trending is for bigger & larger ships, not going smaller.  We can all wish, hope and dream about it, sadly - not going to happen anytime soon.  FWIW, not endorsing and encouraging NCL in the way things are going.  

NCL Inner Circle 2024 Aug Survey 3 of 3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The link you posted really does not provide much.  Last updated in Summer of 2018.  

NCL has a large customer base to grow their smaller cruise lines if they put forth the right effort.  Maybe the two smaller cruise lines are constantly full and they do not need any more passengers for them.

We would be a prime candidate to give Oceania or Regent a try but they are going to have to put forth a better marketing effort in order to hook us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seemoreroyals said:

We would be a prime candidate to give Oceania or Regent a try but they are going to have to put forth a better marketing effort in order to hook us.

Oceania might be a possibility someday, but Regent is out of my league. I am sure they have some kind of filter on their booking site to keep riff raff like me off their ship anyway.

• Haha 2

This up sizing is long overdue....not from a personal preference....we actually don't like the large ships, but NCL has no choice but to copy the competition. It is the model that has proven to make the most money.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

How do you think NCL plans to fit all those additional passengers on the last few Pr1ma class ships?  Will they add an additional deck?  Will they make the ship longer by squeezing in an additional section somewhere around midship?  Will they convert more of the common areas such as the observation lounge, game room, etc. into staterooms?  Inquiring minds want to know.

All good questions. I think whatever they do will take the uniqueness and charm out of the Prima class of ships. JMHO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

I just thought that they'd use the fact that the ships are larger. 

Prima is 143,535GT and holds 3,099

Aqua is 156,000GT and holds 3,550

The last two will be 169,000GT and will hold 3,850

The additional room will hold the additional guests.