Cancellation of round Australia Crown Princess Nov 2025

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

I know it's not really in dry dock for 4 months. The wording in my letter says Due to the ships dry docking maintenance period we regretfully need to cancel your cruise.

We have been given a replacement cruise leaving Singapore on November 13th 2025  I have no idea where it's going or what ship.

I think the replacement should read as Crown Princess departing Brisbane on 13th November, arriving in Singapore on 30th November. You still have pretty much the same itinerary, same ship with different dates. If you haven't outlaid for flights or accommodation in Singapore, while not ideal, you are in a much better spot than many others who have no plan B.

Your mention of 4 months is alongside them making excuses and pulling another ship from Australia. I get it, you shouldn't be happy, but it is a big stretch to connect those dots vs just rescheduling a drydock. There must be a significant reason for the reschedule that is taking Crown out of the water for much of their most profitable month.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think the replacement should read as Crown Princess departing Brisbane on 13th November, arriving in Singapore on 30th November. You still have pretty much the same itinerary, same ship with different dates. If you haven't outlaid for flights or accommodation in Singapore, while not ideal, you are in a much better spot than many others who have no plan B.

Your mention of 4 months is alongside them making excuses and pulling another ship from Australia. I get it, you shouldn't be happy, but it is a big stretch to connect those dots vs just rescheduling a drydock. There must be a significant reason for the reschedule that is taking Crown out of the water for much of their most profitable month.

But are they really taking it out of the water or sending her off elsewhere🤔 Yes I'm starting to get a bit cynical. 

The cruise change hasn't really inconvenienced us as we hadn't booked flights or insurance yet.

I do hope they give back our future cruise deposits with a bit of time on them,  the ones we used had to be applied by August. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

I was working it out that the round Australia cruise started September 26th, arrived in Fremantle on Oct 13th then 11 days back to Sydney. Making 28 days round trip.

Hey - who knows. Don't we all just luuuuuv surprises?

Here's a little snippet from the email we got - so I reckon by September 15th this thread will catch fire 🤣

Unfortunately, due to a rescheduling of the ship’s drydock maintenance period, we must regrettably cancel the Southern Australia Explorer cruise you have planned on Crown Princess for December 2025. We are pleased to inform you that your booking will be automatically transferred to an 11-Day Southern Australia Explorer voyage that offers a similar itinerary, departing on 13 October 2025. Full itinerary details and your booking confirmation will be emailed to you by 15 September.

Edited by dizzy1948

I was booked on Brisbane-Brisbane Tasmania cruise on Crown Princess 12th January 2026. It has been cancelled due to dry dock. I have been told by Princess the cruise will now on 4th Jan, but not the name of the ship. 

45 minutes ago, lutwyche said:

I was booked on Brisbane-Brisbane Tasmania cruise on Crown Princess 12th January 2026. It has been cancelled due to dry dock. I have been told by Princess the cruise will now on 4th Jan, but not the name of the ship. 

The change of the dry dock date has juggled around itineraries either side of it, including yours. Crown Princess will be out of drydock and returning into Brisbane from Singapore on 4th January, so it will still be the same ship, but similar itinerary and different date.

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The change of the dry dock date has juggled around itineraries either side of it, including yours. Crown Princess will be out of drydock and returning into Brisbane from Singapore on 4th January, so it will still be the same ship, but similar itinerary and different date.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Now that a week has passed, word has spread to the travel media.

It mostly reads as being extracts from the email. 

Crown Princess Cruises Cancelled Due to Maintenance Rescheduling - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

When I was speaking to my PVP yesterday confirming b2b cruises next April in Europe (😁😁😁) she said everyone had been flat out re scheduling cruises re Crown Princess, and also said there had been a price hike re local cruises (ie Australia I presume).

so it’s given them quite a bit of work!

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

When I was speaking to my PVP yesterday confirming b2b cruises next April in Europe (😁😁😁) she said everyone had been flat out re scheduling cruises re Crown Princess, and also said there had been a price hike re local cruises (ie Australia I presume).

so it’s given them quite a bit of work!

I think the "price hike" would refer to the price increase to the premier package, with those that already having it wanting to pay the extra $5 per day to upgrade it to the current spec - with unlimited specialty restaurant.

On 8/27/2024 at 4:00 PM, arxcards said:

Now that a week has passed, word has spread to the travel media.

It mostly reads as being extracts from the email. 

Crown Princess Cruises Cancelled Due to Maintenance Rescheduling - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Hello, 

It says “According to a statement shared with travel advisors, the cancellations include cruises departing from Australia and Asia between September 26, 2025, and January 12, 2026.”

Princess in place of our cancelled cruise (Jan 12th), they are offering us a crown cruise on Jan 4th. Since we have a B2B2B planed, no one at Princess desk can answer a simple question: our other cruise in on Jan 22 2026, the cruise you are offering us ends on Jan 14th, so where will go the Crown between Jan 14 and Jan 22, 2026. Nobody knows! 

thinking of cancelling everything and going back to Celebrity! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vana said:

Hello, 

It says “According to a statement shared with travel advisors, the cancellations include cruises departing from Australia and Asia between September 26, 2025, and January 12, 2026.”

Princess in place of our cancelled cruise (Jan 12th), they are offering us a crown cruise on Jan 4th. Since we have a B2B2B planed, no one at Princess desk can answer a simple question: our other cruise in on Jan 22 2026, the cruise you are offering us ends on Jan 14th, so where will go the Crown between Jan 14 and Jan 22, 2026. Nobody knows! 

thinking of cancelling everything and going back to Celebrity! 

Nobody, including me.

I can't find much in the way of new port bookings between those dates. Crown is booked in Sydney on 20th January, so possibly heading south to Hobart.

Princess won't answer your question until the new itineraries are released on 15th September. Perhaps someone who has been offered their alternate cruise on 14th January might be able to help. Simple question indeed but call centre staff won't be given the answer sheet till then.

• Like 1

We have been offered an alternate cruise leaving Brisbane on the Crown on the 13th of November. We have no idea what the itinerary is. Our original cruise is no longer showing in the app, neither is the new one. We won't be doing the cruise now as i don't want to head north in the middle of November. I haven't advised them of that yet.

Princess have reinstated our future cruise deposit without me asking, with an extended apply date of December 31st.

3 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

We have been offered an alternate cruise leaving Brisbane on the Crown on the 13th of November. We have no idea what the itinerary is. Our original cruise is no longer showing in the app, neither is the new one. We won't be doing the cruise now as i don't want to head north in the middle of November. I haven't advised them of that yet.

Princess have reinstated our future cruise deposit without me asking, with an extended apply date of December 31st.

Aternate cruise is Brisbane to Singapore.  We received our Sydney to Singapore itinerary today.

Nov 13. Brisbane

Nov 16. Cairns

Nov 22. Lombok

Nov 26.  Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang)

Nov 27.  Penang

Nov 29. Singapore

Edited by Relaxing Robbies
error in date

2 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Aternate cruise is Brisbane to Singapore.  We received our Sydney to Singapore itinerary today.

Nov 13. Brisbane

Nov 16. Cairns

Nov 22. Lombok

Nov 26.  Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang)

Nov 27.  Penang

Nov 29. Singapore

Thanks for the update. 4 ports in 16 days isn't much.  I wonder where Darwin disappeared to.

• Like 2

Thank goodness my booking with Crown Princess is still in tack. We sail on 20 May 2025. I'm really starting to feel jaded by the cruising industry. Too many cancellations. We had all our cruises canncelled on the Grand Princess coupled with the pulling out of Melbourne by Princess.

Cynic in me is feeling like they trying to push Australian cruisers into the Carnival and the newly merged PO Australia ships under that umbrella.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Thank goodness my booking with Crown Princess is still in tack. We sail on 20 May 2025. I'm really starting to feel jaded by the cruising industry. Too many cancellations. We had all our cruises canncelled on the Grand Princess coupled with the pulling out of Melbourne by Princess.

Cynic in me is feeling like they trying to push Australian cruisers into the Carnival and the newly merged PO Australia ships under that umbrella.

Locally, the industry as a whole is somewhat jaded. Same itineraries with less available ports. Our big summer seasons are partly there for international passengers, and they are less inclined to fly big distances at present. When coupled with the overheads of cruising here, that is what is taking ships away. I think you and I are like most cruisers out there, and there is no way Carnival Corp could squeeze us on to Carnival ships in lieu of Princess or Cunard. As it is, Carnival is going to have trouble getting P&O passengers to cruise on Carnival branded ships.

These Crown cancellations are just about a change to their scheduled drydock dates, and unrelated to anything with Grand Princess and Melbourne. My tip for anyone in Melbourne is that if you have to get on a plane to get to a cruise ship, you may as well fly to Miami, Seattle, Southampton, Singapore instead of Sydney. Try something new.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Locally, the industry as a whole is somewhat jaded. Same itineraries with less available ports. Our big summer seasons are partly there for international passengers, and they are less inclined to fly big distances at present. When coupled with the overheads of cruising here, that is what is taking ships away. I think you and I are like most cruisers out there, and there is no way Carnival Corp could squeeze us on to Carnival ships in lieu of Princess or Cunard. As it is, Carnival is going to have trouble getting P&O passengers to cruise on Carnival branded ships.

These Crown cancellations are just about a change to their scheduled drydock dates, and unrelated to anything with Grand Princess and Melbourne. My tip for anyone in Melbourne is that if you have to get on a plane to get to a cruise ship, you may as well fly to Miami, Seattle, Southampton, Singapore instead of Sydney. Try something new.

I agree, Geoff. I'm totally not interested in Carnival and I'm willing to bet that prices for the old P&O ships will rise once they are branded Carnival which will put off a lot of ex P&O passengers. I've noticed there are some really good fly/cruise packages out there for Europe and the US. Friends of ours did one a few months back with NCL (Italy I think) and the price of the package was not much more than doing a NZ cruise out of Brisbane. Admittedly, their cruise was 7 days as opposed to 14 days, but I believe it also included accommodation pre and post cruise. And as you say, something new/different.

On 8/22/2024 at 12:26 PM, arxcards said:

Just on a side note, while digging away, it appears we will have Royal Princess back in 2026/27 instead of Discovery. She looks to be the only ship joining Crown Princess for the season, and it appears Crown will be in Brisbane for Christmas through to March. 

How did you get that info please?

13 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

How did you get that info please?

Future port bookings in Sydney & North QLD. They are subject to change, but usually a reliable indicator. I expect Princess will release their Aussie 2026/7 itineraries somewhere around mid-November.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 11:28 AM, arxcards said:

As it is, Carnival is going to have trouble getting P&O passengers to cruise on Carnival branded ships.

Judging by the number of very obvious P&O cruisers on the recent Princess  world cruise I don't think Carnival Corp will lose that demographic. What they will lose is the "top" end of their market as those cruisers will move to the luxury lines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Judging by the number of very obvious P&O cruisers on the recent Princess  world cruise I don't think Carnival Corp will lose that demographic. What they will lose is the "top" end of their market as those cruisers will move to the luxury lines.

By having trouble getting them to cruise on Carnival branded ships, I mean loyal P&O passengers are not keen to move over to Carnival Spendor or even the Carnival'd Adventure & Encounter. Yes, lots would rather Princess than Carnival. Others, particularly in Brisbane where there will be less Princess presence in the years ahead, will drift to Royal and other brands as well.

P&O cruisers sailing on Princess, like it or not, are Princess cruisers. Plenty of them are also elite Princess cruisers. I get what you mean vs a traditional demographic, but the shift has been happening since restart. Lots of the more traditional Princess cruisers will move on to Celebrity, HAL, Azamara and beyond. The demographic doesn't concern us too much, but we are wary of the amenities and services slipping. Maybe this is more of an Aussie thing, as we have had a few friends who are already smitten with the glitz of Sun Princess.

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Does anyone know if travel agents receive the full commissions on the cancelled cruises as if the cruise still ran? 

I don't know in this case, but historically they will usually keep a fair chunk (or all) of the commission they receive when they book and forward the deposit for a cruise.

• Thanks 1