Let's Guess how many pax are now booking Premier Packages @ $90/day

Gondaue

My family were talking about this today- 3 went on Icon and had package $100 US per day each- only includes drinks.  They were impressed with our description of what Princess new Premier includes for $90 US.  May get some new passengers.

I’m still standard fare unless I book a suite on ships that include premier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’d guess 20% of the package guests buy Premier now.  Maybe up to 30% will buy the new Premier.  This would be on the Hawaii/Mexico/Caribbean routes, and other shorter cruises 15 days or less.

These shorter cruises have had up to 90% purchasing the packages, which surprised me.  IDK

If you’re really interested, ask the Food and Beverage Manager on your ship. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’d guess 20% of the package guests buy Premier now.  Maybe up to 30% will buy the new Premier.  This would be on the Hawaii/Mexico/Caribbean routes, and other shorter cruises 15 days or less.

These shorter cruises have had up to 90% purchasing the packages, which surprised me.  IDK

If you’re really interested, ask the Food and Beverage Manager on your ship. 

Hawaii cruises RT from the west coast are at least 16 days. Even at 10-15 days the difference from plus is quite a bit. I can’t imagine eating in SD’s day after day especially when we have reserve dining

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Hawaii cruises RT from the west coast are at least 16 days. Even at 10-15 days the difference from plus is quite a bit. I can’t imagine eating in SD’s day after day especially when we have reserve dining

Ours was 15 night ex San Pedro. 
The 90% was total on packages Plus

and Premier, which I was surprised!

Don’t know the Premier percentage.

I agree, I could not eat every night at the SD, either.  But, everyone is different.

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ours was 15 night ex San Pedro. 
The 90% was total on packages Plus

and Premier, which I was surprised!

Don’t know the Premier percentage.

I agree, I could not eat every night at the SD, either.  But, everyone is different.

15 days at $60 extra per day over plus. I would basically have to eat nearly every day in a SD to make it worth the money. For a short 4-5 day coastal it might make  sense

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

15 days at $60 extra per day over plus. I would basically have to eat nearly every day in a SD to make it worth the money. For a short 4-5 day coastal it might make  sense

5 day PLUS60 to Premier80 was worth it to us basically for the 2 included SD in Premier80

5 day Permier80 to Premier90 for 'unlimited' is a no go for us

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

5 day PLUS60 to Premier80 was worth it to us basically for the 2 included SD in Premier80

5 day Permier80 to Premier90 for 'unlimited' is a no go for us

Another reason I said “might”

The new premier package has essentially made Princess Cruises all inclusive for those choosing the package. Whether it’s a good deal or not, there will be many who enjoy the freedom and hassle free convenience of an all inclusive cruise. And this will probably be the least expensive all inclusive cruise at sea. I’m thinking that more will opt in than people realize. 

• Like 6

My two sisters and I returned from the Carribean on a week-long cruise on Enchanted Princess.  It was our first Princess cruise and we got Premier packages. We liked Princess so much that we came home and booked a cruise for 2025, and again we got Premier packages. It is worth it to us for a 7 night cruise. I doubt I would choose the Premier package for a b2b or longer cruise, it just seems right for me/us on a shorter cruise. We do enjoy Princess and are excited about our upcoming cruise. 

• Like 3

It's gotta be low. No way Princess would offer unlimited SD if the number of pax who bought the Premier Package was high. Under 10%, otherwise it would be ugly trying to accommodate pax  who wanted reservations (and paid extra for that benefit) in the fancy restaurants.  On our first cruise, we did without any package. What a pain. I was so cheap that I did without coffee b/c I didn't want to pay for a latte. And I was laser focused on not spending money on fancy drinks or a second glass of wine. Next cruise we got the lower priced package, and never looked back.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mini BMG said:

It's gotta be low. No way Princess would offer unlimited SD if the number of pax who bought the Premier Package was high. Under 10%, otherwise it would be ugly trying to accommodate pax  who wanted reservations (and paid extra for that benefit) in the fancy restaurants.  On our first cruise, we did without any package. What a pain. I was so cheap that I did without coffee b/c I didn't want to pay for a latte. And I was laser focused on not spending money on fancy drinks or a second glass of wine. Next cruise we got the lower priced package, and never looked back.

Everyone discussing PLUS seems to forget about the unlimited espresso coffee and cocktails and sparkling water. All those add up even if you don’t drink alcohol. And the convenience of not having to count pennies. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Everyone discussing PLUS seems to forget about the unlimited espresso coffee and cocktails and sparkling water. All those add up even if you don’t drink alcohol. And the convenience of not having to count pennies. 

Even when including my 2 cappuccinos and 2 mimosas each morning, I never exceeded the 15-drink limit on our trip aboard the Caribbean Princess last December. And while we enjoyed our 2 specialty dinners, the MDR was very good also. 

I don't know how many people ordered the Premier package on that trip, or booked dinners ala carte, but I had issues finding openings for just 2 nights and I can only imagine how it will be when they allow you to book it for every night.

10 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Even when including my 2 cappuccinos and 2 mimosas each morning, I never exceeded the 15-drink limit on our trip aboard the Caribbean Princess last December. And while we enjoyed our 2 specialty dinners, the MDR was very good also. 

I don't know how many people ordered the Premier package on that trip, or booked dinners ala carte, but I had issues finding openings for just 2 nights and I can only imagine how it will be when they allow you to book it for every night.

You do know that coffee drinks, sodas and waters are unlimited. Not counted against your 15. With a $30 difference between the plus and premier why pay for the premier unless you are going to eat many many nights in SD’s

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, memoak said:

You do know that coffee drinks, sodas and waters are unlimited. Not counted against your 15. With a $30 difference between the plus and premier why pay for the premier unless you are going to eat many many nights in SD’s

I thought specialty coffee drinks e.g. cappuccinos, espresso and such were not included in the base fare? I guess I wasn't clear in my previous posts, but we're doing the Plus package, not Premier. We'll use the $420 we save for the week and put it towards excursions and perhaps an Ultimate Balcony Dinner. 

Edited by IndyKid
SP

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

I thought specialty coffee drinks e.g. cappuccinos, espresso and such were not included in the base fare? I guess I wasn't clear in my previous posts, but we're doing the Plus package, not Premier. We'll use the $420 we save for the week and put it towards excursions and perhaps an Ultimate Balcony Dinner. 

The specialty coffees are not in base fare but are unlimited and not part of 15 drinks on the Plus package 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, memoak said:

The specialty coffees are not in base fare but are unlimited and not part of 15 drinks on the Plus package 

Ahh, OK. Then we really don't need to be concerned about hitting our limit.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 3:30 PM, memoak said:

Upgrade from plus to premier is $60 more per day per couple. That comes to over $3,200 on a 54 day cruise   Is it really worth for some SD meals and not having to switch devices ?

This is cruise is our retirement cruise. We are saving money by choosing an inside cabin. For us, this is a once in a lifetime upgrade. There is more to it than just the SD that interests us. Like I said, yes for us this is worth it. 

• Like 5

My guess is 8% of all passengers spring for Premium package. I have this test that I often do when I'm trying to decide if I want to spend (extra) money on something. I ask myself if I'll still be thinking about the extra cost two weeks after spending the money. Usually the answer is no. On our first Princess cruise we congratulated ourselves for spending so little. I treated myself to a 10 drink coffee card and was bummed when Princess accidentally used one of the 10 "slots" for a black coffee. No way was I going to complain about it but it bugged me. Next cruise we decided to go with Plus. Night and day. No more worries about ordering a fancy coffee or bottled water. I don't usually drink so probably didn't have more than 5 alcoholic drinks the entire 16 days. But boy I loved the freedom of not having to think about having a coffee, bottled water, etc. We're going with the Premium package ($90) b/c it's a transatlantic and we'll go to Crown Grill and that French Place a lot. We don't eat meat but like the other things they have on the menu. I wonder if I can order the burrata from Sabbatini's using rooms service. OMG I love that dish.

11 minutes ago, Anniken14 said:

My guess is 8% of all passengers spring for Premium package. I have this test that I often do when I'm trying to decide if I want to spend (extra) money on something. I ask myself if I'll still be thinking about the extra cost two weeks after spending the money. Usually the answer is no. On our first Princess cruise we congratulated ourselves for spending so little. I treated myself to a 10 drink coffee card and was bummed when Princess accidentally used one of the 10 "slots" for a black coffee. No way was I going to complain about it but it bugged me. Next cruise we decided to go with Plus. Night and day. No more worries about ordering a fancy coffee or bottled water. I don't usually drink so probably didn't have more than 5 alcoholic drinks the entire 16 days. But boy I loved the freedom of not having to think about having a coffee, bottled water, etc. We're going with the Premium package ($90) b/c it's a transatlantic and we'll go to Crown Grill and that French Place a lot. We don't eat meat but like the other things they have on the menu. I wonder if I can order the burrata from Sabbatini's using rooms service. OMG I love that dish.

I have never seen room service as being available from Specialty venues. Please let us know if you have any problems getting into venues

12 minutes ago, Anniken14 said:

I like the way you think, which is similar to how we think. 

The bottom line is that everyone will have their own value calculation so there's no right or wrong answer that will apply equally to all.  And, for some, the calculation will be different for different cruises, depending on number of days, sea days versus port days and other variables.  

I'd guess that your 8% estimate may be a bit low.  I though I read a Princess press release on here a while ago that said that approx 25% of pax got Premier (or that was the figure Princess was aspiring to).  If that's the case, I sense it will be pretty much the same for Premier 90 - for people for whom the old Premier was good value, the new package is also likely to be good value, with quite a lot of additional uplift in benefits for a very low additional expenditure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have never seen room service as being available from Specialty venues. Please let us know if you have any problems getting into venues

Unless you’re quarantined from covid. 😳