Lanyards and Seapass

We’re on the Silhouette now. Hubs got his Seapass punched at Guest Services. The hole is near the top of the card right beneath his name. He was told that the hole can’t be at the bottom of the card because it would deactivate the card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Our bring a lanyard from home.  I got one every club event and business meeting.  

Personally I use a pocket and no lanyard.

If you hide your Seapass in your pocket, the unwashed from steerage, unaware of your exalted Elite/ Retreat status, will be unable to show proper deference.😁

• Haha 1

Just now, rbelshaw said:

If you hide your Seapass in your pocket, the unwashed from steerage, unaware of your exalted Elite/ Retreat status, will be unable to show proper deference.😁

I don’t get comments like this. I use a lanyard because things slide out of my pockets. It would never occur to me that someone would be trying to flaunt their cabin or status, probably because I’ve never paid attention to anyone else’s (beyond admiring the actual lanyard). It makes me feel bad that people are thinking that about me. 

• Like 1

Recently, I'd been refused the punch (reason being the internal strip). But I've also been told that it was no issue. It might have depended on which class of ship?

I'll tie the lanyard/card to a strap on my "always carried" little handbag. I slip the card in a purse pocket. Since a section of strap hangs out, it's easy to pull it out to grab the attached card when needed.

BTW: I'm fairly certain that rbleshaw (2 posts up) was making a clever joke!

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I don’t get comments like this. I use a lanyard because things slide out of my pockets. It would never occur to me that someone would be trying to flaunt their cabin or status, probably because I’ve never paid attention to anyone else’s (beyond admiring the actual lanyard). It makes me feel bad that people are thinking that about me. 

Don’t feel bad … it was a joke! 

1 minute ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I know. My husband’s pockets were very handy, but now a lanyard is a necessity. Ladies’ clothes don’t tend to have functional pockets.

My wife uses one as well for the same reason 🙂

4 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

It was a joke

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I know. My husband’s pockets were very handy, but now a lanyard is a necessity. Ladies’ clothes don’t tend to have functional pockets.

They have other options