Princess Plus $70/Day

Looking at a 10 day cruise in January and the price difference between Princess Standard and Princess Plus is $700 per person.  There is a $100 Onboard credit per person.  Guess you are paying for the onboard credit in the Plus cost.  Seems underhanded to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Looking at a 10 day cruise in January and the price difference between Princess Standard and Princess Plus is $700 per person.  There is a $100 Onboard credit per person.  Guess you are paying for the onboard credit in the Plus cost.  Seems underhanded to me.

Is the OBC only included with the Plus fare?

1 hour ago, memoak said:

$700 - $100 is still $600 in my book. I don’t know anyone who would have a problem spending $100 OBC on a 10 day cruise

Not really. It's a forced buy of OBC (maybe it's refundable), which you may not need or use.

Maybe if the purchase is delayed until on board the cost will be the normal cost, $60/day.

1 hour ago, oldjetdriver said:

What cruise? 

To see if anyone else is duplicating your findings..

I did just price a Grand sailing for Jan 4, with OBC offered ($100pp) one standard, one Plus and the difference was $600 pp, standard Plus fare..

1 hour ago, memoak said:

$700 - $100 is still $600 in my book. I don’t know anyone who would have a problem spending $100 OBC on a 10 day cruise

Really easy to spend nothing once you have Plus.

Some UK people could find it easy to spend nothing on standard fare.

Especially those that have used the UK  budget all inclusive option.

5 hours ago, reedprincess said:

What cruise? 

To see if anyone else is duplicating your findings..

I did just price a Grand sailing for Jan 4, with OBC offered ($100pp) one standard, one Plus and the difference was $600 pp, standard Plus fare..

10-DayWestern Caribbean with Mexico out of Galveston, Texas departing Sun, Jan 19, 2025 - Regal Princess

23 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

10-DayWestern Caribbean with Mexico out of Galveston, Texas departing Sun, Jan 19, 2025 - Regal Princess

Very interesting - it shows $70 for Plus also - while the one I looked at above was $60 

Very strange that it would be so clearly wrong.

Personally, I'd wait to book, to wait out the glitch - or have my TA do it, with the correct Plus amount...

Weird for sure..

PS: I know we all are pretty sure Plus will go up soon, but they would have to add something to it to "justify" the raise...

31 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Very interesting - it shows $70 for Plus also - while the one I looked at above was $60 

Personally, I'd wait to book, to wait out the glitch - or have my TA do it, with the correct Plus amount...

Weird for sure..

PS: I know we all are pretty sure Plus will go up soon, but they would have to add something to it to "justify" the raise...

Heck I like what I get now and hav 8 cruises booked.  My only guess would be to add some mor casual dining but then it would be 2 hour waits again 

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Weird for sure..

Wrong? Glitch?

I have been reporting several glitches in my app, personalizer and bidding pop ups, free premier package etc.

customer service said thanks for reporting- it is a web error.

remains the same- no correction.

Advice- get TA to do your booking.