Celebrity Beyond Anytime dining not available

cvil8888

My wife and I just booked Celebrity Beyond leaving FtLauderdale February 24th, more than 6 months out and the only available dining option is late seating at 8:30pm. Anyone have suggestion as to how we may be able to change this to either early dining or anytime dining? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When we booked there was a option to be waitlisted.

If you booked with a TA they can do that or you can call X if you booked direct.  Also when you board go to one of the MDRs and speak to the MaitreD they will do their best to accommodate you. 

• Like 1

Did you use a Travel agent? If so, have them request a change for you. If you did booking , just go to dining room when you board and they will have staff there to accomodate your change. Lots of people make changes so usually no problem.

2 hours ago, cvil8888 said:

My wife and I just booked Celebrity Beyond leaving FtLauderdale February 24th, more than 6 months out and the only available dining option is late seating at 8:30pm. Anyone have suggestion as to how we may be able to change this to either early dining or anytime dining? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would not worry.  When we were on Beyond, we were told that everyone had Anytime Dining despite what time you were assigned.  We even had "reservations" but were told it was Anytime Dining and reservations not needed.  Have a good trip.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keesar said:

I would not worry.  When we were on Beyond, we were told that everyone had Anytime Dining despite what time you were assigned.  We even had "reservations" but were told it was Anytime Dining and reservations not needed.  Have a good trip.

11 hours ago, miched said:

No set dining time on the E class ships.  It is all any time during their open hours 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

10 hours ago, cvil8888 said:

Thanks for all the responses. Glad to know it shouldn't be a problem. 

There have been reports in other threads that E-class ships have recently begun to do fixed early and late seatings again. The "no set dining time on E class ships" might be outdated information. You will find out for sure when you board.

12 hours ago, miched said:

No set dining time on the E class ships.  It is all any time during their open hours 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There was traditional dining (set time) on the Beyond 10 days ago. 

• Like 1

For some unexplained reason Celebrity chooses to keep the actual  available options relative MDR dining on E class ships a big mystery.  You can do anytime dining at any of the 4 MDRs though you can order the “specialty items from any of the 4 MDRs in the dining room you are actually eating in.  Other options is go the the hostess desk at any of the 4 MDRs and tell them what time you prefer to eat and they will accommodate your request for the time you choose and you will have the same wait staff each night.  Another alternative is to go to the dining room reservation “desk” near Guest Relations and you can get reservations each night at different MDRs if you want to “experience” the different dining rooms though as I mention above since the same food can be ordered from any of the four this is more of a “novelty” once you have been to each one.  Now look at the literature that Celebrity provides and none of this is explained in a comprehensive or cohesive manner; not sure if that is by design or not.  The good news is since there are a number of MDR options as well as specialty restaurants and even the buffet there is normally not a wait at any of the MDRs expect maybe the first night of you did not set a specific time before hand. 

5 minutes ago, IDL said:

For some unexplained reason Celebrity chooses to keep the actual  available options relative MDR dining on E class ships a big mystery.  You can do anytime dining at any of the 4 MDRs though you can order the “specialty items from any of the 4 MDRs in the dining room you are actually eating in.  Other options is go the the hostess desk at any of the 4 MDRs and tell them what time you prefer to eat and they will accommodate your request for the time you choose and you will have the same wait staff each night.  Another alternative is to go to the dining room reservation “desk” near Guest Relations and you can get reservations each night at different MDRs if you want to “experience” the different dining rooms though as I mention above since the same food can be ordered from any of the four this is more of a “novelty” once you have been to each one.  Now look at the literature that Celebrity provides and none of this is explained in a comprehensive or cohesive manner; not sure if that is by design or not.  The good news is since there are a number of MDR options as well as specialty restaurants and even the buffet there is normally not a wait at any of the MDRs expect maybe the first night of you did not set a specific time before hand. 

Thanks for the reassurance that we shouldn't have a problem dining earlier than 8:30pm

10 minutes ago, cvil8888 said:

Thanks for the reassurance that we shouldn't have a problem dining earlier than 8:30pm

Again, after we boarded the Apex in June we went to the host/hostess desk at the Cosmopolitan Restaurant and set up dinner for 6 PM daily, same table and wait staff and walked right to the table each night without an issue.   Never had to wait in line or get out of dinner so late they we would miss the after dinner show in the theater.   I would never wait until 8:30 PM to eat and finish at 10 PM and having the meal laying on my stomach all night but to each their own. 

6 minutes ago, IDL said:

Again, after we boarded the Apex in June we went to the host/hostess desk at the Cosmopolitan Restaurant and set up dinner for 6 PM daily, same table and wait staff and walked right to the table each night without an issue.   Never had to wait in line or get out of dinner so late they we would miss the after dinner show in the theater.   I would never wait until 8:30 PM to eat and finish at 10 PM and having the meal laying on my stomach all night but to each their own. 

Even at home we don’t have dinner until 8 -8:30 and rarely call it a day before midnight - 1 a.m, which is why having choices is great.

Celebrity should send  a clear message as to dining options on each ship.or class of ship 

It is coming across as ad hoc and haphazard.. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cvil8888 said:

It shouldn't be a problem, but you WILL need to address it when you get on the ship.

5 hours ago, IDL said:

You can do anytime dining at any of the 4 MDRs though you can order the “specialty items from any of the 4 MDRs in the dining room you are actually eating in.

I cruised on Beyond in July of this year.  They did not enforce dining times - although I'd choose the waitlist online (it took about 3 days for my status to change). The only time I'd pre-book meals is if the group is unusually large.

I followed suggestions I read that you can order from any of the dining rooms too.  This is the worst advice I've read on this forum - I felt like a complete card after I realized my sommelier and waitress had to use stairs in foyer to fulfill my meal & drink orders.  If I weren't facing the entrance of the dining room, I wouldn't have known they were running stairs.  Note, if you order from the adjacent MDR on the same level (there are 2 on each level) it's likely no big deal, but I'd still ask how much trouble it was to order from the other. In hindsight it makes sense the kitchen would struggle making meals from a different floor, but I'm a bit surprised the bars aren't stocked the same.  They will do it without complaint - but recognize what the request means the staff has to do.

1 minute ago, TGfromTX said:

I felt like a complete card after I realized my sommelier and waitress had to use stairs in foyer to fulfill my meal & drink orders. 

Isn't that how it works on S-Class MDR anyways? They don't have a kitchen on each floor do they?

8 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

Isn't that how it works on S-Class MDR anyways? They don't have a kitchen on each floor do they?

I don't know about other ships - I only know my experience on Beyond. It definitely wasn't the norm on the ship.  I'm assuming all edge class will be set up with separate kitchens per level.