Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

Posted (edited)

@A&L_Ont Happy Belated Anniversary. 

Love your live reviews! I will be following along when I can while we’re on FOS boarding on Sunday. We have friends on your sailing. It’s only their second cruise but are hooked. I’ll tell them to look out for the expert guy on the Flowrider. 🙂 

Have a great cruise!

Jenni

Edited by cruiselover04
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This July 24th, Lisa and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  We originally planned a week at an AI in Dominican Republic, but unfortunately we had to cancel a month prior because work totally got in the way. You could call it Sabotage.

We got a full refund and tried to figure out a plan, maybe for September. A couple weeks later and some texts back and forth with previous cruise companions - a plan was hatched with @Yorkvillain. Lisa suggested that we book and join them and you know it, She’s crafty

We reached out to our usual TA and he asked us, So what’cha want? We gave him a cabin number and asked him to Hold it now.  

With that, we had a plan.  A few final pieces needed to fall into place and I left it to Lisa and She’s on it.  Flights were booked on points and a pre cruise hotel the same way.  

I totally forgot we were cruising at the same time!  Happy sailing!  Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

We’re on Wonder on Sept 8 so between you, Sue, and Mark I think I’ll make it through the week. 😂  Thank you to all of you who are doing live reviews this week! 

Happy belated anniversary celebration! It was meant to be since your room was right there waiting for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Already packed - my Boom Box and cardboard for break dancing on the pool deck.  Also packed are t shirts and shorts for the MDR.  

What time are we meeting at Guest Services on day two to have our tips, port fees and all cruise fare charges removed? 

• Haha 22

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I will be taking a bite out of the Big Apple tomorrow night, before we board Symphony on Sunday morning at Cape Liberty. 

One of my favourite groups, the Beastie Boys, called NYC home and I’m going to live vicariously through their lyrics for the next 8 nights.  I’ll be…

Waking up before I get to sleep 

'Cause I'll be rockin' this party eight days a week.  

Any references I make to their musical work through my review I will note in bold text.  Now at my age, I highly doubt I’ll survive a 7 night cruise by waking before I get to sleep.  But, to quote the B-Boys - No sleep 'til Brooklyn.

Love this and looking forward to following along on your escapades. I also grew up loving the Beastie Boys. My sister opened a thrift shop 10 years ago, and I came up with the perfect name for it, inspired by one of my favorite BB songs. The name of the store is “She’s Thrifty.“

• Like 2

Happy Anniversary! Following along ! 

We were close to booking the 9/1 or 9/8 Symphony —- there were some decent prices a few months ago —- but, alas, it was not to be. 

Glad you have your “home” cabin!

mac_tlc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

What time are we meeting at Guest Services on day two to have our tips, port fees and all cruise fare charges removed? 

Embarkation Day, first thing at 10:30. I’m also going to complain about the view of the port area - I can’t see the Miami skyline. 

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Love this and looking forward to following along on your escapades. I also grew up loving the Beastie Boys. My sister opened a thrift shop 10 years ago, and I came up with the perfect name for it, inspired by one of my favorite BB songs. The name of the store is “She’s Thrifty.“

Love that name. Paul’s Boutique 😉 would have been another good one. Brassmonkey is part of my email address so you know I like them. 

• Like 2

Through security and choosing a quick food option. The flight is only 1:30 minutes so having lunch before we board. 

Planning to have a big dinner later tonight so hopefully this will tide us over. 

IMG_6248.thumb.jpeg.55efaa141be51e73873e9a9dac8f5e62.jpeg

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.d41c8b3caea079795816391b88906f9f.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

They better refund the 1 hour of port fees for leaving Cape Liberty early.

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Embarkation Day, first thing at 10:30. I’m also going to complain about the view of the port area - I can’t see the Miami skyline. 

It really sucks when you book an OV cabin and end up with a parking lot or port view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

They better refund the 1 hour of port fees for leaving Cape Liberty early.

That’s the spirit. 😁

• Haha 1

We got a chicken sandwich and hamburger. Also the poutine. I mean, what’s a Canadian to do.

IMG_6253.thumb.jpeg.eb0ffcedbc7e3f33cac14a58d14ed3d7.jpeg

Too bad they didn’t have Nanaimo Bars for dessert. These are amazing. It consists of three layers: a coconut crumb base, a custard filling, and a chocolate ganache topping.

Notice, no raisins. Just saying. 

IMG_6256.thumb.jpeg.01a7a080d566fc36dc8d01b679833fd3.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Too bad they didn’t have Nanaimo Bars for dessert. These are amazing. It consists of three layers: a coconut crumb base, a custard filling, and a chocolate ganache topping.

Notice, no raisins. Just saying. 

IMG_6256.thumb.jpeg.01a7a080d566fc36dc8d01b679833fd3.jpeg

I had Nanaimo Bars at our stop in Nanaimo on a Celebrity west coast repo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Things are looking good. 

Atlantic7-DayGraphicalTropicalWeatherOutlook.thumb.jpeg.a09226fb02cb73f4312c411bb6f03b62.jpeg

Calm seas. 

IMG_6251.thumb.jpeg.2fcbd3ee9c410dbb5a25cc31eb3f9986.jpeg

Warm waters. 

IMG_6252.thumb.jpeg.a0dd934f83d7f1f7de1163176d230dc5.jpeg

No hurricanes!  That great news blows me away!  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3