please explain excursion prices?

serene56

We are cruisers but the next cruise is only the second on Celebrity.  We are doing a short one that goes to Bimini.    We went there in January and booked resort world with lunch for 47.00 pp      The cruise in October is 57.00 pp just to go to Resort World and add 68.00 if you want lunch. 

This is where my confusion lays--   68 for a lunch is a lot more expensive than dining in Murano or Tuscan Grill.      Where on this earth is 68 for a hamburger lunch worth that kind of money? 

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sure it isn't $57 without lunch, $68 with lunch? 

yeah   its  52.00 for just the beach / pool day or 121 to add the lunch 

53 minutes ago, serene56 said:

We are cruisers but the next cruise is only the second on Celebrity.  We are doing a short one that goes to Bimini.    We went there in January and booked resort world with lunch for 47.00 pp      The cruise in October is 57.00 pp just to go to Resort World and add 68.00 if you want lunch. 

This is where my confusion lays--   68 for a lunch is a lot more expensive than dining in Murano or Tuscan Grill.      Where on this earth is 68 for a hamburger lunch worth that kind of money? 

And the price you see today may not be the same one you see tomorrow.  They fluctuate all the time.

What's to explain?  You either like the price, or don't.  I agree, it doesn't make much sense, but I'm guessing that's a typo, or a language barrier.  

All that said, it might be a very good lunch.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

We are also going to Bimini the end of Sept. Transportation to Resort World is free and has nothing to do with the cruise line. We are just going to wing it and see if you can just use the beach and maybe they have a restaurant you can just pay to have lunch. If you go to the port of call page some have done just that.  In the past I have booked tours directly from the same vendors that the cruise line uses for half the price which leads me to believe that the cruise lines are just charging double and keeping half for themselves.  What really annoyed me about the Bimini excursions is if you read the fine print it states that umbrellas and lounge chairs aren't guaranteed. What the hell are they trying to charge us for? 

• Like 2

I believe the $120.99 includes all you can drink while at resort world too in addition to the lunch, but from what I have heard you can only get drinks from one specific bar and the service and drinks aren't that good at the bar.  The $51.99 includes a welcome drink only.  

You can always get the day passes direct and when the sales aren't that good through Celebrity, you will pay less going direct.  If you can catch a 40% off sale through Celebrity it may be cheaper than going direct.  I can't see where you can pre book now, but I did last year when I was looking for our cruise.  This is what I see now, you have to buy at the front desk.  It isn't going to be any more than the full price charged by celebrity (but it may be more than some of the sale prices.)  While resort world sets the prices, Celebrity adds on a hefty commission for themselves with wiggle room for their sales.  When I was there last November the walk up price at Resort world was $49 for the beach package only.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 113050.png

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

We are also going to Bimini the end of Sept. Transportation to Resort World is free and has nothing to do with the cruise line. We are just going to wing it and see if you can just use the beach and maybe they have a restaurant you can just pay to have lunch. If you go to the port of call page some have done just that.  In the past I have booked tours directly from the same vendors that the cruise line uses for half the price which leads me to believe that the cruise lines are just charging double and keeping half for themselves.  What really annoyed me about the Bimini excursions is if you read the fine print it states that umbrellas and lounge chairs aren't guaranteed. What the hell are they trying to charge us for? 

Your accessing their facilities.  It's a day pass to a resort.  Unless you pay extra, typically a resort doesn't reserve a chain/umbrella for you, so it's not guaranteed. But you are also getting access to their pools, restrooms, restaurants/bars, and beach area. On their website a day pass is $40.

30 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

All that said, it might be a very good lunch.  🙂

its hot dogs and hamburgers.   this lunch costs more then Murano or Tuscan which is full dinner meals 

1 minute ago, sanger727 said:

Your accessing their facilities.  It's a day pass to a resort.  Unless you pay extra, typically a resort doesn't reserve a chain/umbrella for you, so it's not guaranteed. But you are also getting access to their pools, restrooms, restaurants/bars, and beach area. On their website a day pass is $40.

and lunch is only 20 if you are staying at the resort but the cruise line is booking at 67.00 more 

5 minutes ago, FeliciaB said:

I believe the $120.99 includes all you can drink while at resort world too in addition to the lunch, but from what I have heard you can only get drinks from one specific bar and the service and drinks aren't that good at the bar.  The $51.99 includes a welcome drink only. 

now that would make sense  so i went back to read the excursion   Its not all you can drink as the site says for purchase (and make liberal use of the swim-up bars offering all your favorite libations for purchase.)     lunch does come with ONE drink extra 

15 minutes ago, serene56 said:

now that would make sense  so i went back to read the excursion   Its not all you can drink as the site says for purchase (and make liberal use of the swim-up bars offering all your favorite libations for purchase.)     lunch does come with ONE drink extra 

Then they must have changed it since last November without adjusting the price.  If you don't like it then don't buy it.  Some excursions (and onboard activities) are just priced ridiculously.  With the 40% off I got the admission down to $29 per person but even at that I didn't think it was worth it so I cancelled and went with the 40% off swimming with the reef sharks on Bimini.  After the excursion we rode the tram around and spent 20 minutes in the little shopping village but still had almost 2 hrs left so we swam at the beach near the ship for almost an hour and walked back to the ship from there to dry off and were back 25 minutes before all aboard and heard that after we boarded only 4 more pax were still at Bimini.   

I'm also stopping in Bimini this December and noticed the crazy price difference between the Resorts world beach club day pass and the day pass with lunch.  There's no way that the lunch is worth the over $60 upcharge.  In fact, the beach club only charges $20 for a lunch if you purchase it there:

https://rwbimini.com/bimini-beach/bimini-beach-menu/

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I would have thought that with the outrageous price that celebrity is charging it would include the price of a chair and umbrella which at times I have paid for even at the local beaches at home when I was too lazy to bring my own. When we went to Bermuda we paid the resort fee to the resort directly online. I haven't looked to see if Resort World has a prepay option.

30 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I would have thought that with the outrageous price that celebrity is charging it would include the price of a chair and umbrella which at times I have paid for even at the local beaches at home when I was too lazy to bring my own. When we went to Bermuda we paid the resort fee to the resort directly online. I haven't looked to see if Resort World has a prepay option.

It's not Celebrity charging it.  It's resort world.  You are paying to be on their property and use their stuff.  The non-lunch option is approx $10 more than the resort charges so not Celebrity's issue.

3 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

There's no way that the lunch is worth the over $60 upcharge.  In fact, the beach club only charges $20 for a lunch if you purchase it there:

https://rwbimini.com/bimini-beach/bimini-beach-menu/

i think that menu is for resort guests 

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

chairs etc are provided but they are also first come first serve

• Like 1