No more Simply More

Jancruz

Whatever they change to it seems that looking at the bottom line price of a cruise is what's important.  We get free gratuities based on our status, but don't drink much.  We do like to do Oceania excursions.  Hopefully they will provide shipboard credit based on length of the cruise for our free gratuities that we get prior to this change.  Also, discount will still be given based on number of excursions booked as they do now.  I will be looking at the whole picture when determining to book a cruise on Oceania.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

For us, O is the best option at this point in terms of the overall package, but it doesn't mean we don't check other options. Going on our first SB cruise next week, will report back how does it compare to O.

Seabourn ‘compares’ to Oceania in some ways. Some aspects are better some aren’t. They are similar products but ‘different’. We love both but at the end of the day price for similar itineraries would be our deciding factor.

• Like 2

Well makes me think! We are sailing October 2nd and have the ‘30 day prior to sailing’ discount letter. May just book a 2025 cruise now before SM disappears. If the price goes down we should still get the discounted price without SM if it’s worth having. If not at the very worst we will lose £300 deposit. A chance worth taking? Who knows??

Saw this posted on another site -

NEW CHANGES COMING OCT 1:
simplyMore will end and "Your World Included" begins

From Oceania: "As part of Your World Included, all guests will now receive included shipboard gratuities for stateroom attendants, butlers, and dining waitstaff automatically in their cruise fare. Previously, gratuities had been included selectively as travel partner or loyalty club amenities or for guests from certain regions of the world.

Gratuities are in addition to other Your World Included amenities: dining at all gourmet specialty restaurants; sodas, juices, specialty coffees and teas; still and sparkling Vero Water®; unlimited Starlink® WiFi; in-room dining; fruit smoothies, gelato and artisan ice cream; group fitness classes; and laundry services.

The updated inclusions will begin on October 1, 2024, for all new reservations on sailings departing on or after January 1, 2025. The line's current simply MORE™ offering will end on September 30, 2024, meaning that a shore excursion credit and beverage package will no longer be automatically included.

Guests can personalize their vacation experience with extras such as air transportation and transfers, shore excursions, or a beverage package, to be added according to preference."

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Saw this posted on another site -

NEW CHANGES COMING OCT 1:
simplyMore will end and "Your World Included" begins

From Oceania: "As part of Your World Included, all guests will now receive included shipboard gratuities for stateroom attendants, butlers, and dining waitstaff automatically in their cruise fare. Previously, gratuities had been included selectively as travel partner or loyalty club amenities or for guests from certain regions of the world.

Gratuities are in addition to other Your World Included amenities: dining at all gourmet specialty restaurants; sodas, juices, specialty coffees and teas; still and sparkling Vero Water®; unlimited Starlink® WiFi; in-room dining; fruit smoothies, gelato and artisan ice cream; group fitness classes; and laundry services.

The updated inclusions will begin on October 1, 2024, for all new reservations on sailings departing on or after January 1, 2025. The line's current simply MORE™ offering will end on September 30, 2024, meaning that a shore excursion credit and beverage package will no longer be automatically included.

Guests can personalize their vacation experience with extras such as air transportation and transfers, shore excursions, or a beverage package, to be added according to preference."

And there you go!!

Jancruz1

• Like 2

Doesn't this provide a 1-time opportunity for us consumers (assuming no change to pricing)?  If you value SM, then you have the rest of the month to make a reservation.  If you are not a drinker or found SM a hassle, wait until October to get the PPGs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

we never book a cruise unless it is under 300 a day and that is before the TAs rebate and that is for a balcony....

This might be a bit challenging with the current prices.

This is a link to all Oceania cruises for 2025 in Europe, 10-14 nights, sorted by price. Out of 56 sailings, only 7 priced below $300/night, and those are inside prices. veranda is typically at least $100/day more.

I know there are sales - somehow none of our cruises never goes on sale.. if I booked based on maximum of $300/day, we would be staying home probably..

• Like 6

I am booked under Simply More for my May 2025 cruise. I still would like to book a few more excursions to get up to the required number for 25 percent off. Will I be able to do so after the cutoff date?  Thanks

20 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

This is a link to all Oceania cruises for 2025 in Europe, 10-14 nights, sorted by price. Out of 56 sailings, only 7 priced below $300/night, and those are inside prices. veranda is typically at least $100/day more.

I know there are sales - somehow none of our cruises never goes on sale.. if I booked based on maximum of $300/day, we would be staying home probably..

Oceania pricing fluctuates based on the demand of a particular itinerary.  It's always been this way and will not change with the new program.  This from the newly released program FAQs:

How will Oceania Cruises’ updated inclusions affect cruise fares? Cruise fares and any related tactical promotions on or after October 1, 2024, will continue to be based on demand and how each sailing and stateroom/suite category is performing relative to expectations.

2 minutes ago, TonicTraveler said:

Oceania pricing fluctuates based on the demand of a particular itinerary.  It's always been this way and will not change with the new program.  This from the newly released program FAQs:

How will Oceania Cruises’ updated inclusions affect cruise fares? Cruise fares and any related tactical promotions on or after October 1, 2024, will continue to be based on demand and how each sailing and stateroom/suite category is performing relative to expectations.

Absolutely! This is how it works with any product. If people continue booking at the same price without SM, they have no reason to reduce prices.

My point was that $300/day for balcony is virtually impossible to find today. In fact, I would consider even $400/day a bargain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benita said:

I guess it will all boil down to price. Since the “included air” and shore excursions, and wine and beer with meals are removed, the only perk that was recently added and remains is included wifi. Included Gratuities is not a new perk for those who have been loyal enough to reach that benefit by sailing.The extra $250 shipboard credit given for those who already got that perk included, is more than wiped out several times over if the pricing of the cruise does not reflect the amount lost in excursion credits and drinks.

Time will tell, but the official notification today from Oceania pretends this is an improvement, while leaving out the bottom line. 

Agree 100%

Until we see how pricing changes, it's impossible to assess how this change will impact customers.  It will also be interesting to learn if there will be any restrictions on repricing existing bookings.  My friend just booked a 36-day cruise a few days ago.  She doesn't drink.  This change may have a positive impact for her if prices drop and she can reprice the cruise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

we book when itins first come out...so you need to check that pricing not todays prices....

our may 1, 2025, vista, cruise was booked Nov 2, 2022, 22 days, $ 5400 pp US...french balc...totally sold out now...yes with an FCC to gain the benefits...

as with  all our other cruises, all booked at opening day....so those are the prices to look at...

it comes to 250 per day...before TA rebate...

we also took Os air, cheaper than we can do ourselves in Canada, with a prem econ for 199 from London. 

if you have the brochure for 2022 you can look all that up, although we booked at opening day, so maybe before the brochure...

all our next 4 cruises coming up, were done the same way...

any questions?

Edited by jonthomas
  • Thanks 1

oh yes, we dont drink alcoholic beverages...

also take few tours, have been to most places and have toured them over the years...love to walk for miles in ports, explore with maps and get lost...lol....

so maybe our situation will be a plus....with no more SM....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Agree 100%

Until we see how pricing changes, it's impossible to assess how this change will impact customers.  It will also be interesting to learn if there will be any restrictions on repricing existing bookings.  My friend just booked a 36-day cruise a few days ago.  She doesn't drink.  This change may have a positive impact for her if prices drop and she can reprice the cruise.

Nothing will be repriced no reason too same prices different amenities..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ORV said:

I’ll add to that, my opinion is that while there are multiple reasons for this, one of the main ones is that onboard spending has plummeted. The bars are pretty much dead except for happy hour or free drinks. People are not buying nice bottles of wine or bringing their own and paying corkage. Very few upgrades to the package and reduced excursion purchases. 

Add to that the complaints when ports are cancelled and people are wanting tour refunds that aren’t going to happen, then it becomes a real problem for them. This is my baseless and fact less opinion. So take it for what it’s worth. The statement below though is direct from the GM. 

Just an FYI, in a semi related conversation the GM told us that they have absolutely no problems filling ships. The problem is getting enough employees. 

Since I typed that up and posting this more details have been added. In the hillbilly country where I’m from this is what we call wee weeing on your leg and telling you it’s raining. 

ROTFL

Jancruz1

3 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Nothing will be repriced no reason too same prices different amenities..

Jancruz1

Hmmm…They are replacing 2 valuable amenities (drink package and shore excursion credit) with one much less valuable amenity (gratuities). Gratuities are less than half the price of just the SM included drink package. I don’t get it. 🤨

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Azamara guests are very loyal. We are sailing the Azamara Journey for 16 nights in December as a comparison to our Oceania Sirena holiday cruise last year. Between the added inclusions, the AzAmazing evening and a really great looking White Night dinner party we're excited to see how this is similar yet different from the O experience.   

We're headed to Alaska on Riviera next June so very happy to know that our SM experience won't change for that. Our group is already getting really excited for that.  

As for everything about to happen, now today, it'll be interesting to see how this is all framed for the public compared to the original zoom call. 

Remember they charge for their specialty restaurants..each line has its own peculiarities

They have to make up the money lost from covid..

Jancruz1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ak1004 said:

But now the question is: if someone books a cruise for 2025 or 2026 on Sep.30, they get SM but no gratuities. If they book the same cruise on Oct.1, they get gratuities but no SM for the same price? I don't see prices going down on Oct.1 to reflect less inclusions..

They are not going down..

Jancruz1

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

would still love to meet up on an O cruise some day....

We did and you disappeared never to be seen by me again..LOL

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Haha 1

At this point, can’t say that I’m a fan of the new scheme. I will probably book again with them but perhaps not as much. May depend on what perks you may be able to get through your TA since now their go to perk of gratuities is off the table.  Also, I would like them to pick a scheme and stick to it for a bit. This complete opposite scheme strategy just makes it harder to plan and therefore makes them less desirable to a point. IMHO.

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

you mean 2026?

O rep said sept 18 but jan says end of Oct...

we are on the ship sept 14 to 26...so really hope it is sept 18...otherwise will have to get FCCs....

We were told on Zoom call October 16 but heaven only knows if they changed their minds again

Jancruz1

11 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

We did and you disappeared never to be seen by me again..LOL

Jancruz1

Jan you and Stu were very busy....every time I saw you , you were getting ready to meet with guests....not our style to interfere....

would love another opportunity, when you are not as busy....

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Agree 100%

There is no change in pricing  unless you upgrade or downgrade your cabin

Jancruz1