Princess Plus or Premier Purchase on Day Two

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Do you get charged for day one?

Can you even purchase the package after you board? How would gratuity work for the first day? I was under the impression that you had to decide at the time of booking or pay al a carte once on board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Can you even purchase the package after you board? How would gratuity work for the first day? I was under the impression that you had to decide at the time of booking or pay al a carte once on board.

You can buy onboard and use OBC to pay for it. For me, that is the best way to do it as I have $400 in OBC on my next 7 night cruise.

• Like 2

On all the ships we have sailed on since the restart, on embarkation day there has been a crew member standing   at the aft elevators on the Lido deck trying to sell the drink packages.  They have a nice  display set up with posters and various licqour bottles, coffee, etc.

20 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

On all the ships we have sailed on since the restart, on embarkation day there has been a crew member standing   at the aft elevators on the Lido deck trying to sell the drink packages.  They have a nice  display set up with posters and various licqour bottles, coffee, etc.

Drink packages but plus and premiere includes wifi gratuity and other items like specialty dining and fitness classes.

29 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

They are far more ubiquitous than that, the first ones you will see are right in the Piazza as you first board the ship. When we boarded the Emerald last month in Boston a crew member was walking through the embarkation area selling packages even before we boarded the ship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Drink packages but plus and premiere includes wifi gratuity and other items like specialty dining and fitness classes.

I should have said selling the plus/premier packages.   Like Coral posted, we will also use OBC to purchase Plus for our Nov cruise.

• Like 1

Here’s the information from a recent Patter,the dark blue box is difficult to read,but it says upgrade on embarkation day in the princess cruises app or with a Crew member .

48 hours after boarding the package upgrades option won’t be available.

You pay for every day/ night of your voyage if you upgrade from standard to plus or plus to premier, does not matter if you purchased it prior to your cruise or two hours after you get onboard or 10 hours after you get onboard, etc.

If you plan on drinking anything that comes with a cost or using the Wi-Fi then it’s best to purchase it right away ( onboard) so you get all the benefits

IMG_0632.thumb.jpeg.799fb340e4211ec2f98aadd56cda6358.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

To add to my above post, even though it’s been on many threads. If you would like to purchase the plus package, it is $60 per day , for length of voyage ,per person for the first two passengers in the cabin.( both have to purchase)

Premier cruise package is $90./day per length of voyage per person.

So if you’re on a 7 day cruise, the total cost for two passengers for the plus cruise package is $840 usd.

Obviously , just do the math for a 10 day cruise, 14 day cruise, etc.

There is no proration if you purchase it once onboard let’s say 12 hours after you embark.

Quite a few passengers have lots of onboard credit that they wish to use and that is the only way they can purchase it -once they get onboard.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

boarding without a package .... 7 day cruise

1st day charges

6 beers or so, couple glasses of wine, martini(s)

pay the 14.99 to use ocean now

grats

buy a day of wifi/internet

lunch at alfredo's

Dinner at Crown Grill

sticker shock when we view folio - decide to purchase Premier90

DO ALL THOSE DAY 1 CHARGES "GO AWAY" SINCE WE ARE CHARGED THE FULL (7) DAYS OF THE CRUISE FOR PREMIER IF WE PURCHASE THE MORNING OF DAY 2??

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 3

Princess Plus or Premier Purchase on Day Two, Do you get charged for day one?

We know how to do the math, have all the handouts, etc.

Is there someone who has purchased the bundle on day TWO, are you charged for day one? 

Not interested in hearsay, or speculation from cruisers who haven't cruised in many years.

Edited by startedwithamouse

41 minutes ago, memoak said:

No a 7 day cruise costs $60 X 7 

And it is a package that cannot be altered by customer. Read the full terms and conditions on Princess website!

15 hours ago, coscab said:

Is the 60.00 pp for plus charged for day of embarkation and day of debarkation? 60.00 x 8  pp?

They are charging you by the night.   If you sail Saturday to Saturday you only pay up to Friday night as you disembark on Sat morning. I don't know why Princess measures itineraries in days while others advertise with nights? I think it makes more sense to use nights as you are actually on for full nights. Embarkation day and disembarkation day are only 1/2 days.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dog said:

How many days is your cruise?

12 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@dog are you asking me or @beshears how long cruise is? @beshears knows the price of premier as stated.

7 hours ago, beshears said:

Arizonaperson, so if I am reading you right for the Premier Package for two, at $90 pp, per day, it would be $1,190.00, correct?

Frozen 😉🦄🧊

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

Thanks, you have all the answers.  Calculator?

Sharp EL-2630G

12 Digit

GT Function

2 color ribbon print

desktop

could easily be 20+ years old - still works for my purposes

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, beshears said:

Arizonaperson, so if I am reading you right for the Premier Package for two, at $90 pp, per day, it would be $1,190.00, correct?

How many days is your cruise, beshears?

51 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks, you have all the answers.  Calculator?

I thought both.2 guests need to have the same package. Are you saying one can have the old package and one the new one ?  Is the person with the new package going to abandon their friend on all but 2 SD’s

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

I thought both.2 guests need to have the same package. Are you saying one can have the old package and one the new one ?  Is the person with the new package going to abandon their friend on all but 2 SD’s

I have no clue about this.