The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 11th, 2024

Greetings all from St Petersburg where it is still summer.  I shouldn't complain as we had a wonderful respite from the heat onboard the Voyage of the Vikings! It will be 3 weeks Saturday since we left the Zuiderdam in Boston and I am basically back to normal, meaning cooking, cleaning and doing for myself rather than having someone else doing it for me.  Now a regular guy should be happy to stay home after such a great cruise, which is what I did for most of my life, BUT now that the clock is running on my "Golden Years", I need to keep traveling!  Most of us know you must have three things to travel: 1) The Time 2) The Money and 3) The Health.

So before any of the 3 runout, I'm going.

Next Wednesday 9/18, we have a short 4 day cruise out of Tampa.  Sadly, Holland America is no longer sailing from Tampa.  It looks like Tampa business is still strong and Royal Caribbean has 4 ships scheduled at least part of this winter season here.

It is on the Serenade of the Seas.  The fare was very attractive, so we will try it.  The Serenade is the same age as the Zuiderdam and about the same size, so it will be interesting to compare.  @rafinmdhas shared that despite his preference for Crystal and Holland America, he enjoyed Royal at times as I'm sure many of you have as well.

Special prayers for those suffering today.  

20220417_073249.jpg

• Like 22

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Checking in on all..  also thinking of @lindaler?  In Mobile?  I hope she’s in a safe place. 
@JazzyV Good call in the abx, hit it early and hard!  
@rafinmd Hoping JH does well by you!  Don’t let it be otherwise. You’re not alone, ask for help if you need an advocate! 
@StLouisCruisers 🤞 Smooth travels, cheers for the wedding!  And all the best for rest! 
Ann, Pat, Annie, Chuck, Terry, Tana, Terri, Jim, Jacqui, Bonnie, Nick, Gerry, Maurice, Melissa…. keeping you all in my heart💗. And all in harm’s way, and all the teams! 

Our neighbor knew exactly how to deal with our computer gremlins! which menu, which button. Perfect!  It always seems trivial when you know the answer!  I’m so grateful to be guided to those who can answer the call for help!  m—

Maureen, it's always nice to have a handy neighbor to call when there are problems.  Glad she could get the problem solved easily.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Do you have to fly into Heathrow?

Flights to Manchester or Gatwick which are major UK airports from Florida are plentiful and good options for onward flights to Europe.

Graham, we've flow out of Gatwick to Dallas in the past, but lately all our flights seem to be to or from Heathrow.  Gatwick is a nice airport.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Greetings all from St Petersburg where it is still summer.  I shouldn't complain as we had a wonderful respite from the heat onboard the Voyage of the Vikings! It will be 3 weeks Saturday since we left the Zuiderdam in Boston and I am basically back to normal, meaning cooking, cleaning and doing for myself rather than having someone else doing it for me.  Now a regular guy should be happy to stay home after such a great cruise, which is what I did for most of my life, BUT now that the clock is running on my "Golden Years", I need to keep traveling!  Most of us know you must have three things to travel: 1) The Time 2) The Money and 3) The Health.

So before any of the 3 runout, I'm going.

Next Wednesday 9/18, we have a short 4 day cruise out of Tampa.  Sadly, Holland America is no longer sailing from Tampa.  It looks like Tampa business is still strong and Royal Caribbean has 4 ships scheduled at least part of this winter season here.

It is on the Serenade of the Seas.  The fare was very attractive, so we will try it.  The Serenade is the same age as the Zuiderdam and about the same size, so it will be interesting to compare.  @rafinmdhas shared that despite his preference for Crystal and Holland America, he enjoyed Royal at times as I'm sure many of you have as well.

Special prayers for those suffering today.  

20220417_073249.jpg

Most of my travels with RCI. Have been out of Baltimore for much the same reasons.  I’ve been on 2 of Seranade’s sisters and enjoyed them.

I am at rehab trying to settle in 

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Most of my travels with RCI. Have been out of Baltimore for much the same reasons.  I’ve been on 2 of Seranade’s sisters and enjoyed them.

I am at rehab trying to settle in 

Roy

Roy, I'm glad you are in rehab now, and are getting settled.  I hope the stay will not be a prolonged one.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

It is on the Serenade of the Seas.  The fare was very attractive, so we will try it.  The Serenade is the same age as the Zuiderdam and about the same size, so it will be interesting to compare.

Serenade of the Seas is one of my favorite cruise ships. The Nieuw Amsterdam is the other.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, superoma said:

Celery soup. It is surprisingly good when home made and is my go to when I have too much celery

7 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Cream of celery soup?  Doesn’t have to be dairy-based, could be vegan style to go with a meat meal, made with your favorite non-dairy substitutes.  Or go full dairy for a hearty style stand alone!  m—

These are a good idea. Thank you both.

• Like 9

@lindalersaid that she would not cruise if the family situation was not resolved, maybe that is what happened?

Today Boss # 2 said that he needed more hours from me, twice what i was  giving the other boss (who he also works for)  but we dont know if Boss # 2's job that I work for will last past the 12th of October.  Then Boss # 1 tells me that my job with him will end two months sooner than last year-putting both boss # 2 and I hoping that we can be placed somewhere through the months of November and December. I might end up with DH's old boss.  Looking for donations for the LA Phil.  I stink at asking people for money.

DH found out that his bypass surgery will be on November 4th.  If he had it earlier, he would not be able to do his vacation.  I wouldnt leave him home alone. He will be in the hospital for 2 to 3 days following the surgery, and then either home or rehab center, and then 2-4 weeks recovery time.

Quiffy did well with the surgery, but she is not able to eat or drink with that stupid cone around her head.  And they want her to wear it for the full two weeks.  She will starve.  Any suggestions?She is not allowed to play, run, jump or have fun for two weeks, until she gets her stitches out.  On the 24th .  So sad.  Momma Munchkin did not have external stitches, she only had to be alone for one week, not two.And she had the cone off in 2 minutes tops!  Quiffy just keeps trying to back out of it.

All of the other cats go to the door and wait for Quiffy to come out.  And they want to break in when we open the door.  I threaten them with a vet visit, and all of them run away as fast as they can.  Munchkin must have told them stuff.

216407baadcc6c8d33cd43789bfb7636.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Never Forget 🇺🇸

Thanks to everyone for sharing your memories of what you were doing that horrible fateful morning. And thank you to everyone who keeps our great countries safe and protects us all from the evil at the root of that day.

Prayers 🙏 and hugs 🫂 for all who lost ones because of 9/11.

Never Forget 🇺🇸

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Quiffy did well with the surgery, but she is not able to eat or drink with that stupid cone around her head.  And they want her to wear it for the full two weeks.  She will starve.  Any suggestions?

Amazon has a cat onesie/bodysuit for after surgery. Other, softer cones are available.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1