Flight time ?

unicorn63

I have cruised many times before but next year will be my first time with Celebrity.  The cruise is out of Tampa (also a first).  How does Celebrity handle leaving the ship?  Can I choose what time I leave?  What is usually the earliest time can leave?  For those who have sailed out of Tampa what would you recommend as the earliest flight time?  Would a flight leaving at 12:18 be too early?  Any information is appreciated.

24 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Honestly I did a 2:30pm flight and I was waiting around the airport for hours, I could have done a 12pm flight easily.

I always get the same air canada flight back to Toronto at 11 20 am when returning from Fort Lauderdale. Still have time on my hands at the airport 

@unicorn63:  Folks who decide to self-disembark (and are willing to carry off their luggage with no assistance from the ship staff) generally do so between 7 and 7:30 am.  They will be followed by those with luggage tags (folks who had their luggage outside their stateroom the night before).  The final luggage tag is generally called about 9:30 am.

While the Tampa airport isn't far from the port, Tampa can have issues with fog. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I always get the same air canada flight back to Toronto at 11 20 am when returning from Fort Lauderdale. Still have time on my hands at the airport 

I was flying to Detroit, sometimes Air Canada doesn't have good connections to Windsor.

I was looking for my cruise in April from Miami and to get to Miami the flight leaving here at 10am - by the time I get to Miami it is like midnight (that's a hard no). Coming back its like leave Miami at midday get to Windsor 8pm if any issues its 4pm the next day 🤐

So yeah I have to pick and choose depending on flights available. For some reason getting to Fort Lauderdale is better than Miami 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I was flying to Detroit, sometimes Air Canada doesn't have good connections to Windsor.

I was looking for my cruise in April from Miami and to get to Miami the flight leaving here at 10am - by the time I get to Miami it is like midnight (that's a hard no). Coming back its like leave Miami at midday get to Windsor 8pm if any issues its 4pm the next day 🤐

So yeah I have to pick and choose depending on flights available. For some reason getting to Fort Lauderdale is better than Miami 🤷‍♀️

There seems to be more flights to FLL than  Miami also i don't think west jet flies to Miami. Lately I've been taking porter down and and AC back home. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

There seems to be more flights to FLL than  Miami also i don't think west jet flies to Miami. Lately I've been taking porter down and and AC back home. 

The OP specifically asked about Tampa. 

We have flown out of Tampa many times, flights around noon. They put you on the bus good and early. You can also get a range of private transfers but DO research and arrange in advance, versus just grabbing one there*. The airport is a ways out, maybe a 30-minute ride, depending on traffic. 

*Last time was in a 10-person van with a luggage trailer; we were solicited at disembarkation for  GREAT price ($10 each?). Door on that came open as we drove and luggage tumbled into the street TWICE... Other drivers alerted us. So consider your choices carefully.

• Thanks 1

The last time we cruised out of Tampa, which was shortly after the restart of cruising after the covid shutdown, there were no taxis at the port when we disembarked.  We were on the first sailing of the Constellation out of Tampa.  Fortunately, we had a flight after noontime.  You will be fine with a flight after 12 p.m.

Edited by LadyBerard