Four included daily drinks benefit. My wish = Soda Package instead

Toddcan

On 9/16/2024 at 7:22 PM, time4u2go said:

It sounds more like they want their favorite type of soda (which is only available in the Freestyle machines) than they want extra beverages.

I think going from 4 drinks to a soda package is a bit of a stretch. Yes, they may get their favorite soda but some people can drink that stuff all day long.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think going from 4 drinks to a soda package is a bit of a stretch. Yes, they may get their favorite soda but some people can drink that stuff all day long.

People always want more free stuff, its life. Hahahaha. I grabbed a can of ginger beer to put in my refrigerator downstairs right now. Who wouldnt prefer free unlimited of their favorite beverage. I dont drink liquor so sign me up for more and more free. Just kidding. 5 a day is plenty for me and then some. 

I would still opt to keep things the way they are even though I'm a light drinker. I could never drink five sodas in a day. I usually have extra drinks left and end my night getting a can from a bar to put in the fridge. If we have extras left at the end of the cruise we leave them for our steward. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, time4u2go said:

No, it's not about taking anything away.  It's about providing an option for those that don't drink alcohol.  

Many don’t use the Spa benefit. What do you think they should provide instead?

Many don’t use the free photo benefit. What do you suggest they provide instead? 

And the list goes on, and on for every other benefit they provide. 
m

12 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I read the title of the thread to mean taking something away.  OP would like the perk to change from the vouchers, to soda package instead.  Maybe if the wording was changed to “allow four uses of the soda machine as one of the voucher options” then it wouldn’t be taking anything away.  Plain and simple for me.  If the vouchers go away, then Royal becomes just one of the lines we consider, vs the line we always book. 

It is FOUR beverages a day for diamonds. Suggesting  the use of a voucher for four uses  at the soda machine gives someone the option of 16 beverages per day!  Plus, the machines would have to be totally refigured to somehow take a voucher or all the machines on every ship would require a 24/7  staff.   For most, we’re talking about a one week cruise. If one has a special beverage they want to drink for the week, there is an option  to bring cans on board. Otherwise, enjoy the benefit as it is provided  or just don’t use it.

m

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Many don’t use the Spa benefit. What do you think they should provide instead?

Many don’t use the free photo benefit. What do you suggest they provide instead? 

And the list goes on, and on for every other benefit they provide. 
m

I think you are responding to the wrong person with this.  I'm not the one that suggested that they change anything.  I was restating what the OP had asked about...providing an option.

10 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I think you are responding to the wrong person with this.  I'm not the one that suggested that they change anything.  I was restating what the OP had asked about...providing an option.

I am sorry that I directed this to you.  And CC editing has timed out.  Please accept my apologies.

M

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is FOUR beverages a day for diamonds. Suggesting  the use of a voucher for four uses  at the soda machine gives someone the option of 16 beverages per day!  

I think you misinterpreted the post.

The person you quoted said "Maybe if the wording was changed to “allow four uses of the soda machine as one of the voucher options".   Meaning use one voucher for either bar soda, mocktail, alcohol, coffee, etc. or one serving of freestyle.

They did not say 4 uses per voucher.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:20 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Diamond Pluses don’t get a free speciality restaurant so why would you think a Diamond should get one??? 

This was just a suggestion. No need to be offended. Other cruise lines offer 1 or 2 specialty dinners as a perk once you reach a certain level (Platinum and up). Just a thought that could be considered. Higher levels could be rewarded accordingly. <sp>specialty

26 minutes ago, CruisinPandora said:

This was just a suggestion. No need to be offended. Other cruise lines offer 1 or 2 specialty dinners as a perk once you reach a certain level (Platinum and up). Just a thought that could be considered. Higher levels could be rewarded accordingly. <sp>specialty

I wasn’t offended. I think some people took this thread as wishing while others took it as more realistic suggestions. I don’t think your suggestion was a bad one, I just don’t see RCI increasing benefits/perks. I will be happy if they stay status quo and don’t remove any loyalty perks. As for wishing, I would like to see RCI give the deluxe drink package for free to Pinnacles the way Celebrity does for Zeniths. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd sure love unlimited wifi at my level. I'd trade my drink vouchers if we are all sitting around wishing and hoping. 

A nice pinnacle benefit. P's cruised lots, paid lots, or gambled lots to get  to Pinnacle.   Allow that group that benefit please😀  

M

24 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A nice pinnacle benefit. P's cruised lots, paid lots, or gambled lots to get  to Pinnacle.   Allow that group that benefit please😀  

M

Oh please. This whole thread is a joke imo. As I first posted everyone likes freebies. More more everyone in america says.

My wishes were joking and besides I'll be pinnacle myself by the end of next year so I was being smart alecky. 

On 9/16/2024 at 10:52 AM, Toddcan said:

I'm probably the 1 in 100 on a cruise who doesn't drink alcohol, so if I had a (small) wish I could make happen is that I had the option to have a soda package in place of the 4 free drinks per day.  I love the freestyle machines due to the variety of diet sodas (Loving the Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of cherry).  Yes, I can get my 4 sodas from any bar, but I am limited to Diet Coke/Zero. 

Probably a pain the butt to manage from the ship side - but alas, that would be awesome.    

We don’t drink, but enjoy specialty coffees, Mocktails and Soda.  The drinks are a very generous reward.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is FOUR beverages a day for diamonds. Suggesting  the use of a voucher for four uses  at the soda machine gives someone the option of 16 beverages per day!  Plus, the machines would have to be totally refigured to somehow take a voucher or all the machines on every ship would require a 24/7  staff.   For most, we’re talking about a one week cruise. If one has a special beverage they want to drink for the week, there is an option  to bring cans on board. Otherwise, enjoy the benefit as it is provided  or just don’t use it.

m

Not sure how you get to 16 per day when I said 4, and meant 4.  Up to four uses of the machine per day. Of course it would require the machine system to be reconfigured. Presumably that’s not worth it to RC, and so they don’t offer it.  And yes, I think I said I think the perk as already established is quite flexible. 

8 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Not sure how you get to 16 per day when I said 4, and meant 4.  Up to four uses of the machine per day. Of course it would require the machine system to be reconfigured. Presumably that’s not worth it to RC, and so they don’t offer it.  And yes, I think I said I think the perk as already established is quite flexible. 

On 9/18/2024 at 9:21 PM, 3kidsncats said:

I read the title of the thread to mean taking something away.  OP would like the perk to change from the vouchers, to soda package instead.  Maybe if the wording was changed to “allow four uses of the soda machine as one of the voucher options” then it wouldn’t be taking anything away.  Plain and simple for me.  If the vouchers go away, then Royal becomes just one of the lines we consider, vs the line we always book. 

Sorry - I read the part (I made red) as allowing four uses of the soda machine for one voucher.

I am now understanding that you meant one use for one voucher.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry - I read the part (I made red) as allowing four uses of the soda machine for one voucher.

I am now understanding that you meant one use for one voucher.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

M

Either way, there is no such thing as being able to buy an individual drink from one of those machines. They are included in packages only. So any thought to combine vouchers and the soda machines is pretty much unworkable.

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Either way, there is no such thing as being able to buy an individual drink from one of those machines. They are included in packages only. So any thought to combine vouchers and the soda machines is pretty much unworkable.

Yes - agreed -

unworkable as I noted in my original post on the topic. 

M

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Come on man, have a little faith in Royal IT.  😄

• Haha 1