Jug of filtered/drinking water - available from MDR or Room Service?

Kordy

What would be your advice to have a large jug (or large bottle) of filtered/drinkable water in my cabin, to drink in my room?  In past cruises, I have asked the room service to bring me a large jug of cold filtered/drinking water and then I would use that jug and refill it from the buffet water machine.  Does Celebrity have such large jugs?  Maybe I can ask in the MDR, after dinner, to take with me a large jug of water, into my cabin, to have there?  What would make the most sense.

What do people do for drinking water in their cabin, to have by the bed, for example, at night?

Maybe others might have more detailed info. Before Celebrity had drinking packages I would drink the water from the sink in my room. My understanding is all the water on the ship is the same.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, justcrusn said:

We have a bottle of water

That's the thing - I'm travelling light (cabin luggage only) and I'm NOT bringing a large water bottle with me.  I would like to obtain a large jug of water, from the cruise ship, to have drinking water in my cabin at night - maybe from the MDR or from the cabin stewart?

Edited by Kordy

8 minutes ago, Kordy said:

What do people do for drinking water in their cabin, to have by the bed, for example, at night?

If we have a BP we get bottled water. If we don't have a BP we drink the tap water from the cabin bathroom sink. We ask for ice twice a day. 

4 minutes ago, Kordy said:

What would be your advice to have a large jug (or large bottle) of filtered/drinkable water in my cabin, to drink in my room?  In past cruises, I have asked the room service to bring me a large jug of cold filtered/drinking water and then I would use that jug and refill it from the buffet water machine.  Does Celebrity have such large jugs?  Maybe I can ask in the MDR, after dinner, to take with me a large jug of water, into my cabin, to have there?  What would make the most sense.

I guess buy bottled water. Or drink the tap water. The drinking water from the buffet is the same as the water from the tap in your cabin. You don’t need a jug by your bed. Just a glass. If you don’t want the tap water, which is filtered, then you can buy bottled water. If you desire ice request that from your cabin attendant. 

1 minute ago, doghog said:

If we have a BP we get bottled water. If we don't have a BP we drink the tap water from the cabin bathroom sink. We ask for ice twice a day. 

I don't have BP... and it feels wrong to drink tap water from the bathroom ... I would prefer filtered drinking water, from a water fountain (or water machine) than from a bathroom tap !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, justcrusn said:

Also, i think they ask you NOT to refill containers in the buffet

They don’t want you refill the containers directly from the tap as it might touch the tap, they want you to use a glass to fill your container 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

I guess buy bottled water. Or drink the tap water. The drinking water from the buffet is the same as the water from the tap in your cabin. You don’t need a jug by your bed. Just a glass. If you don’t want the tap water, which is filtered, then you can buy bottled water. If you desire ice request that from your cabin attendant. 

The drinking water from the buffet is from a water machine, which I assume has an additional water filter in it ... which the bathroom tap does not have!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kordy said:

I don't have BP... and it feels wrong to drink tap water from the bathroom ... I would prefer filtered drinking water, from a water fountain (or water machine) than from a bathroom tap !!!

It the same water, there probably not a filter

you don’t drink the water in your own bathroom at home 🤔
if that worried bring a filter jug with you , they are cheap at Costco or Amazon 🤣

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 minute ago, Kordy said:

It is the same water on ships. Whether from the bathroom tap or a water fountain. All the water is filtered. If you don’t want that buy bottled water. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kordy said:

🤣 Do you brush your teeth using the bathroom tap water. I'm alive and well. As I know others that do also. Same ships water you would drink in any venue. 

Edited by doghog

Just now, Charles4515 said:

Why do you assume that?

It feels like a water machine, is designed for drinking water... so it will be designed for that purpose and it feels more comfortable to drink  drinking water out of... than a bathroom tab, which is designed for hand & face washing... it just doesn't feel "good" for me to drink water out of a bathroom tab.  I would much prefer drinking from water that comes from a drinking water machine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

All water on the ship comes from the same place unless you get bottled water (eg Evian)  from a bar. The water from the bathroom tap is the same as in the buffet as is the same in the MDR. There are no additional filters anywhere. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kordy said:

It feels like a water machine, is designed for drinking water... so it will be designed for that purpose and it feels more comfortable to drink  drinking water out of... than a bathroom tab, which is designed for hand & face washing... it just doesn't feel "good" for me to drink water out of a bathroom tab.  I would much prefer drinking from water that comes from a drinking water machine.

Well you asked what people do for drinking water in their cabin. I have drunk the water from the tap in my cabin for over 20 years. If the bathroom tap makes you queasy for some reason then bottled water is probably your best bet. A lot of people seem to prefer bottled water but really there is no good reason to drink it in my cabin. Whether it comes from the machine in the buffet or the bathroom tap all the water on the ship comes from the same supply. 

30 minutes ago, Kordy said:

You could go to the buffet, fill couple of glasses  with water from the machine and take them to your cabin.  You can have the attendant empty the mini fridge and keep a glass or 2 in there staying cool. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kordy said:

You could just buy a case of water and they will leave it in your room on arrival.  $30 bucks, problem solved.

• Like 1

We bring a few bottles of  spring water..and a small brita filter pitcher that works great. We also buy water here and there, and drink sparingly in the dining rms. No problems!  

We dislike the water on the Classic Package...but maybe it has changed?,

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

If the OP is traveling too light to bring a water bottle a Brita pitcher is out of the question💧

takes up little space empty and small items can be tucked inside.. but if not workable they can  buy water on board ..I have not seen an in rm pitcher in awhile..and lucky we get ice 2x / day

They don’t want you refilling used water containers from water fountains because of the risk of contamination. Spray coming up from a vessel that someone has been drinking from. 

@Kordy you can use the plastic glasses provided in the buffet. Bring a couple down with you & get fresh ones every day. And I also don’t like drinking water from the bathroom sink. I grew up in a house with a water softener and the water in the bathroom was gross. I know that’s not the case on the ship but I always expect salty water 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1