P&O onboard spend promo

Whiskyde

Hi there, I booked a cruise with P&O on the 11 Sep 24, at the time I was given £60 per person on board spend. Looked at the cruise now & over the weekend the onboard spend is now £125 per person. I rang P&O to get my spend increased as per their new offer on the website however they stated they cannot do it as it was when I purchased that was the deal. I cannot cancel as I will loose my deposit. Does anyone know how can I get that offer now seeing that it is only been a short while since I booked my cruise. All help appreciated as it is double the onboard spend money which is so unfair seeing that the price has not changed. The reason why I booked it at the time was because they were offering the onboard spend, if I had known that it would increase in a weeks time, I would of waited. I am a bit gutted because £60 compare to now 125 per person is a big jump.

• Like 1

When booking a cruise, I make sure my deposit is transferrable.  I don't expect refundable, but it's good customer service to be able to transfer my deposit to another cruise.  "Cruise deals" change constantly, it's important to do your research so you can book what you want at the time.  Business is not always 'fair', pricing is dynamic.  

• Like 3

I booked my upcoming cruise when on board Aurora and got a good deal and £520 OBC in an inside cabin.  recently they were offering £60 only OBC.   It's no good worrying about if things can change.  Of course they can.  when you booked, it was a good deal.   they change deals all the time.

It's no different from buying something in a shop and the following week it's half price.

• Like 8

Unfortunately you won't be able to get the extra onboard spend. Its the risk we all take when booking no one will know what is going to happen. You can always transfer to a new cruise but price needs to be equal or higher. Do you go to a shop buy items and then wait for a price reduction asking for some money back?

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

£60 was the offer at the time of booking.  You agreed to the offer of £60 so im not sure why you feel so agitated.  The prices and offers fluctuate according to demand, low demand will see good offers thrown in to get the cabins sold. 

You can roll the dice and gamble by waiting for a good OBC offer to come in but it also could mean a rise in the cruise fare as well.  Personally I book a cruise whenever Im happy with the price and accept whatever the OBC offer is at the time and crucially NEVER EVER go back later and check the prices or offers.

Just accept that you have £60 each and move on or it will leave a sour taste in the mouth.

Edited by Harryjacobs
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Whiskyde said:

if I had known that it would increase in a weeks time, I would of waited. I am a bit gutted because £60 compare to now 125 per person is a big jump.

If I had known I had chosen the wrong lottery numbers ...

We have all been there but ..We were happy at the time we booked .

Look at it this way ,should the OBC drop back down to £50 ...

Would you complain about £10 too much than when you booked .?🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jsn55 said:

When booking a cruise, I make sure my deposit is transferrable.  I don't expect refundable, but it's good customer service to be able to transfer my deposit to another cruise.  "Cruise deals" change constantly, it's important to do your research so you can book what you want at the time.  Business is not always 'fair', pricing is dynamic.  

Unfortunately in the UK the terms are vastly different to those in the US and whilst it is possible, depending on fare type, to transfer a deposit there are restrictions. It is not as free to transfer as it is in the US.

@whiskyde - if the price had gone up, or the OBC reduced would you have tried to change to that offer?

• Like 2

We are travelling on Iona in a few weeks' time, with family members.

We paid for the holiday a few weeks ago when the offer for two of our family was a free coach, plus £60 OBC for a two-berth inside cabin on a guarantee basis.

Seeing this thread, out of curiosity, I checked how much it would be, if I booked the same holiday today.

The OBC is now £150 - but the cabin cost is £200 more. P&O, just like other companies, will tweak the elements of the holidays so they can promote it in different ways. 

• Like 7

It could be so much worse. I committed the cardinal sin of checking prices on a cruise we have paid for, trying to decide if we should upgrade from a de luxe balcony to a mini suite. The cruise is almost £1000 less than we paid and more OBC. However, just like Whiskyde we will have to grin and bear it. We would have cancelled and rebooked were it not for the dreaded evac chair situation. No way would we risk trying to rebook and not get one for the new cabin. 

• Like 4

On 9/27/2024 at 3:57 PM, Whiskyde said:

Hi there, I booked a cruise with P&O on the 11 Sep 24, at the time I was given £60 per person on board spend. Looked at the cruise now & over the weekend the onboard spend is now £125 per person. I rang P&O to get my spend increased as per their new offer on the website however they stated they cannot do it as it was when I purchased that was the deal. I cannot cancel as I will loose my deposit. Does anyone know how can I get that offer now seeing that it is only been a short while since I booked my cruise. All help appreciated as it is double the onboard spend money which is so unfair seeing that the price has not changed. The reason why I booked it at the time was because they were offering the onboard spend, if I had known that it would increase in a weeks time, I would of waited. I am a bit gutted because £60 compare to now 125 per person is a big jump.

Welcome to CC.

We always book balcony cabins.

Our last booking we got £720 OBC for a 14 night cruise on Arvia which was the first booking I made as a Caribbean loyalty member.

I normally expect to get a minimum of £85 pp for a 7 night cruise and double that for a 14 night cruise.

I'm sorry you only got £60pp but I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise but next time it might be better to watch for deals because sometimes P&O offer additional OBC on top of the stated OBC if you book before a certain date.

Graham.

On 9/27/2024 at 3:57 PM, Whiskyde said:

As mentioned many times, it's your choice when to book your cruise and you are stuck with the promotion/price at the time of booking. These on-board credit promotions change and can start at any time but the cruise line won't change the promotional amount on your exsisting booking. You just have to suck it up and look forward to your cruise.

Best advice is always to book the cruise and NEVER look back at new prices or promotions. You could be waiting for a better promotion for ever and by the time you book your preferred cabin's gone.