"Live" Coral Princess, 32 Days, Oct 17th to Nov 17th, Singapore-Asia-Los Angeles (+Week in Singapore pre-cruise)

LACruiser88

On 10/11/2024 at 10:29 AM, leck57 said:

Not many actual local Singapore beers. Tiger is about the best I find. As you'll soon work out beer is pretty expensive unless you strike a happy hour place, of which there is many. One of our favs is SQUE at Clarke Quay where they do a 2 for 1 and you don't have to get both at he same time. They'll bring the second when you are ready and their happy hours last a number of hours. If you like a beer in your hotel, grabbing a 6 pack from the places like 7/11 is much cheaper. 

We'll be back in Singapore in two weeks and can't wait.

At our hotel they also had "Birds of Paradise" a local White IPA and Kee's Island Vibes a Blond ale with Starfruit, Jackfruit and Calamansi.  It sounds like it would be sweet but it wasn't at all...to me it tasted like a Belgian ale.  Very good!

• Like 1

Hope you guys have great cruise. I've enjoyed following the activities throughout Singapore (one of our favourite places) and look forward to following the rest of the journey. If by chance any of you are cruising Spain and France on Sky Princess in April, we'll see you then!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

And rolls you right up to the port

no stress, no mess, just chillin' like a villain 

This Unexpected Activity Will Likely Get You Banned From Cruise Ships For  Life Rafael and Debbie celebrating life together  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, leck57 said:

If by chance any of you are cruising Spain and France on Sky Princess in April, we'll see you then!

In April, we will be on the Sapphire, 32 days, South Pacific, roundtrip from LA.  We'll be in Europe in October, on the Sun.

Enjoy your trip!  🥂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

For what it's worth, Singapore was one of the slowest embarkations I have ever experienced. Pre-Covid and a different line (NCL), the problems weren't with the cruise company, but rather with the local terminal and  getting Vietnamese visas lined up before boarding. It was a mess. Perhaps they've got their act together a bit more now, but given the notice you got, I'd probably arrive around 5:00pm or even a bit later.

I had total different experiences when I embarked twice at Marina Bay Cruise Centre. 2015 on the Sapphire and 2019 on the Diamond. Both times, boarding was a breeze. Super-quick from baggage drop-off to the cabin.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

I had total different experiences when I embarked twice at Marina Bay Cruise Centre. 2015 on the Sapphire and 2019 on the Diamond. Both times, boarding was a breeze. Super-quick from baggage drop-off to the cabin.

We just got on. Reasonably quick and efficient.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NownZen said:

We just got on. Reasonably quick and efficient.

In one hour from drinking wine on our hotel balcony to having a drink on our cabin balcony.

Lots of free form work on the ship. The white paint splotches on the deck furniture are an interesting touch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We arrived at the terminal at 4 pm and we were in our cabin 15 minutes later.

20241017_160910.thumb.jpg.5e0b4c6ecef447b919cd341068101086.jpg

20241017_160906.thumb.jpg.7636cbe931291ce2ad7824b838b420bb.jpg

Fyi, the Bayou restaurant was changed to the Crown Grill during the dry dock.

20241017_171148.thumb.jpg.343e17a880c14260a4db86cee04af88c.jpg

Our cabin has new carpeting and the sofa has been reupholstered.  We have our Sanctuary lounges booked for all of our sea days, our "Happy Place!"  We already have run into several crew members that we know quite well, including the DRO.

20241017_172012.thumb.jpg.43835efcdec4c7cca9c214d3d5753fb3.jpg

20241017_172019.thumb.jpg.795e5ba241ee7a39d4145f42f6ab3870.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Welcome aboard!!  Delighted to know about the carpeting and upholstery changes.  I will be checking this blog everyday as we board when you get to LA.  Thanks for sharing all the amazing photos especially of the orchids.  Since we lived in Japan during early 60's, I will be interested in your excursions there.   My husband was in the Air Force and I flew over as soon as I finished my degree.   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, c-boy said:

no stress, no mess, just chillin' like a villain 

This Unexpected Activity Will Likely Get You Banned From Cruise Ships For  Life Rafael and Debbie celebrating life together  

I see what you did there...

and I like it!! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone is currently onboard and doing the standard "walk-in" or nightly reserved dining sharing a single dining room, can you please report if there are lines to get into the dining room, and at what time(s) you have seen this?  I wonder if everyone with open walk-in seating will be in the same line as people with reservations, or if there will be two lines with sufficient signage to know which line to get into. 

Also, is the Reserve section in with traditional or the other two?

@alwalaska

This is what I show for Dining rooms,hopefully op can elaborate with which is walk-in or reserve collection DR. I don’t have that information.

Coral Princess- October 17, 2024 voyage as of 7/9/2024- this time frame of reservations doesn’t apply currently 

Provence ( mid forward deck 6)- Traditional at 5 pm - only shared  table availability 

( open 5pm- 9pm)

Breakfast 7 am- 9am- sea days

Bordeaux ( mid forward deck 5)- reservable,only shared table availability at 5pm,5:20pm,& 5:40pm( open 5 pm-9 pm)

Lunch is  noon- 1:30 pm & Tea 3 pm- 4 pm ( sea days)

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alwalaska said:

If anyone is currently onboard and doing the standard "walk-in" or nightly reserved dining sharing a single dining room, can you please report if there are lines to get into the dining room, and at what time(s) you have seen this?  I wonder if everyone with open walk-in seating will be in the same line as people with reservations, or if there will be two lines with sufficient signage to know which line to get into. 

Also, is the Reserve section in with traditional or the other two?

Bordeaux Dining room is for walk-in, anytime, and  Reserve Class. We had reservation for 5:20 for a private table for 2. I had gone down earlier and set up a table with Enrique so we went directly to our table. There was no line when we went at 5:20 and the room was only about 1/2 filled. Tonight will be a better gauge on how lines will be as boarding was delayed yesterday till 1600.

We passed by the Provence Dining room on deck 6 on our way down to deck 5 and there was a lot of people lined up for traditional early seating. I'm sure that will also change as people were  just getting their table assignments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NownZen said:

Lots of free form work on the ship. The white paint splotches on the deck furniture are an interesting touch.

Same here. The only post drydock problems I've seen so far is that 2 of the midships elevators are out of service. A notice has been sent to rooms about the elevators so it seems they might be out awhile. Very nice new sofa in our cabin and it's going to be great sleeping on a good mattress instead of a big marshmallow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are in Reserve Collection dining in the Bordeaux MDR, Port Side.  We went to dinner last night at 7:15, after stopping for a glass of Silverado Cab at the Good Spirits Bar.  The MDR was less than 50% full. 

By the time we went to dinner we were still missing two of our bags.  They were waiting for us after we returned from dinner.

Our Room Steward, Farrell, has been great!  So was the dining staff.  We know the Bartender in Good Spirit's, Goday, from our last Emerald cruise, fun guy!

As Tim mentioned previously, the sofa and bed are soooo comfortable!  The pillows too!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1