Unlimited Premier Dining

pedirn

37 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

It is meant to go enjoy 1 casual and or 1 speciality dining  per day per voyage. Previously it was 2 specialty per voyage.

37 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@arizonaperson How you you know this? Did you read it somewhere on the Princess website or did someone here decide this? 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

Here is an example of what MSC does to clarify their Specialty Restaurant Menus. It seems very clear that you have a selection from a Section of the menu at the option you have: such as Premier Unlimited Dining.

However, from the posting on this thread, people seem to think that the individual is complaining. What is this forum for? If we cannot express our opinions and experiences, close this forum. Those of you that bad mouth the posting and poster, lighten up. If you disagree with it, post something constructive or positive. This is information that needs to be passed on to others.

Princess has made their own problem with the Sun and all it’s problems, not the passengers. We paid for a cruise and deserve to get what we paid for. Noise, small venues, unclear offers such as above.

People who think others are posting on YouTube to become famous or make a buck, have you watched a video? Did you learn anything from it? Think before you accuse others. If you don’t like the video or posting, move on. Don’t add your nasty remarks!

The original poster did not complain that he’s not being allowed to order every item on the entire menu at a single seating.

Profit off of sensationalizing and creating scandals? Your comment is totally uncalled for.

He is not complaining about the pizza. He is comparing what the pizza cost is that he is allowed to have based on his package and not allowed the $12.50 one. Why not, he is suppose to have a $14.95 meal.

Why is he charge for an item at full price if he order off the right side of the menu when it is the same price as many items on the left side of the menu?

He is not ordering an unlimited number of courses.

He is not a complainer! That is your impression and opinion. If you are satisfied that you could not select

Any item off the menu except the Left side, what would you do or say? Would you take the time to inform this forum? Would you be a complainer? Promoted by the tube algorithm? LOL

Packages are only for the standard part of any menu. Somebody needs to actually read the menu. Where is the clarification of what side of the menu is the pkg applicable too? Waiter has to tell you. How many times has a waiter told you the wrong thing?

So basically this is like complaining that you had a specialty dinning credit and you couldn't get the lobster tail (that is an up-charge) for free.  Yea, this guy is a total clown.  I go back to my statement that EVERY LINE is like this.  Go to Cagney's on NCL and see if your free dinning credit can get you the lobster tail.  Good luck with that.  Sorry, been on NCL and still cruise NCL.  NCL menus are very clear on what is an UPCHARGE. If you want I will post one for you.

A total clown? You sound like you have respect for you fellow cruisers. Hope I never see you on a cruise that I am one.

So basically you want an asterisk and super small print that says this does not mean you can eat food until you literally burst?  I would think every line would need to add that. No, see example MSC menu above. That would help clear it up.

OK, Now I will wait for my replies. Your chance to beat on me.

Happy cruising.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Here is an example of what MSC does to clarify their Specialty Restaurant Menus. It seems very clear that you have a selection from a Section of the menu at the option you have: such as Premier Unlimited Dining.

However, from the posting on this thread, people seem to think that the individual is complaining. What is this forum for? If we cannot express our opinions and experiences, close this forum. Those of you that bad mouth the posting and poster, lighten up. If you disagree with it, post something constructive or positive. This is information that needs to be passed on to others.

Princess has made their own problem with the Sun and all it’s problems, not the passengers. We paid for a cruise and deserve to get what we paid for. Noise, small venues, unclear offers such as above.

People who think others are posting on YouTube to become famous or make a buck, have you watched a video? Did you learn anything from it? Think before you accuse others. If you don’t like the video or posting, move on. Don’t add your nasty remarks!

The original poster did not complain that he’s not being allowed to order every item on the entire menu at a single seating.

Profit off of sensationalizing and creating scandals? Your comment is totally uncalled for.

He is not complaining about the pizza. He is comparing what the pizza cost is that he is allowed to have based on his package and not allowed the $12.50 one. Why not, he is suppose to have a $14.95 meal.

Why is he charge for an item at full price if he order off the right side of the menu when it is the same price as many items on the left side of the menu?

He is not ordering an unlimited number of courses.

He is not a complainer! That is your impression and opinion. If you are satisfied that you could not select

Any item off the menu except the Left side, what would you do or say? Would you take the time to inform this forum? Would you be a complainer? Promoted by the tube algorithm? LOL

Packages are only for the standard part of any menu. Somebody needs to actually read the menu. Where is the clarification of what side of the menu is the pkg applicable too? Waiter has to tell you. How many times has a waiter told you the wrong thing?

So basically this is like complaining that you had a specialty dinning credit and you couldn't get the lobster tail (that is an up-charge) for free.  Yea, this guy is a total clown.  I go back to my statement that EVERY LINE is like this.  Go to Cagney's on NCL and see if your free dinning credit can get you the lobster tail.  Good luck with that.  Sorry, been on NCL and still cruise NCL.  NCL menus are very clear on what is an UPCHARGE. If you want I will post one for you.

A total clown? You sound like you have respect for you fellow cruisers. Hope I never see you on a cruise that I am one.

So basically you want an asterisk and super small print that says this does not mean you can eat food until you literally burst?  I would think every line would need to add that. No, see example MSC menu above. That would help clear it up.

OK, Now I will wait for my replies. Your chance to beat on me.

Happy cruising.

Princess menus are very clear about up charges and up barges are printed i

on the menus. This all started from a blogger looking for clicks. If you look at the Crown Grille menu there are sections that show special steaks and other items and show up charge amounts. When I went to the pizzeria the special pizzas are in a separate section and the server pointed out that they were not part of packages. Some people are taking unlimited to mean anything I want regardless of what the menu says

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What is this forum for? If we cannot express our opinions and experiences, close this forum.

It's quite clear you are calling me out, but these (above) are your words.  Are you saying I am not allowed to have my opinion and experiences that contradict the original poster and youtube person?  

I watched the videos by CR and I understand what he was talking about.

The pizzas that are included cost $8 and the specialty pizzas cost $12. Even having Princess Premiere he would have to pay $12 for a specialty pizza and not get any type of credit towards the cost. If an $8 pizza is included in the package then shouldn’t you just have to pay the extra four dollars for the $12 specialty pizza?

Also, he was saying that only the left side of the menu was included at the sushi restaurant. The right side of the menu includes lots of different items. Ramen and a chicken dish are on the right side of the menu. Why wouldn’t those be included with the premier package? I would like to have the included CA Rolls but my friend won’t eat anything on the left hand side of the menu so she would have to pay extra for a bowl of ramen noodles even though she paid for Princess Premier? That’s crazy. 

I hope CR keeps posting videos because I do appreciate them. 

• Like 2

@MsSoCalCruiser not sure what you’re referring to , it was always known that premier benefits previously had 2 specialty dining pre fixe courses, per voyage .

I don’t think anyone on CC decided ,……

My quote was also cut off. I also said that those that are were interested in Premier, should check out the venue to see what is included or to look at the menus. They’re out there ….that way they can make an informed decision whether they want premier and how it’s interpreted. Only Princess can do the enforcement or tell what the rules are ,not me. 
“ One” can upgrade to Premier once you’re onboard on day one and two -if it’s still available & not to capacity,but if people have any issues with it and they don’t understand it …..then go directly to all the venues and ask. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Princess menus are very clear about up charges and up barges are printed i

on the menus. This all started from a blogger looking for clicks. If you look at the Crown Grille menu there are sections that show special steaks and other items and show up charge amounts. When I went to the pizzeria the special pizzas are in a separate section and the server pointed out that they were not part of packages. Some people are taking unlimited to mean anything I want regardless of what the menu says

Yes, that's the point! Princess left this open to interpretation.

I can understand how others can read it many different ways. Princess needs to clear this up.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The pizzas that are included cost $8 and the specialty pizzas cost $12. Even having Princess Premiere he would have to pay $12 for a specialty pizza and not get any type of credit towards the cost. If an $8 pizza is included in the package then shouldn’t you just have to pay the extra four dollars for the $12 specialty pizza?

Also, he was saying that only the left side of the menu was included at the sushi restaurant. The right side of the menu includes lots of different items. Ramen and a chicken dish are on the right side of the menu. Why wouldn’t those be included with the premier package? I would like to have the included CA Rolls but my friend won’t eat anything on the left hand side of the menu so she would have to pay extra for a bowl of ramen noodles even though she paid for Princess Premier? That’s crazy. 

I totally agree with you & OXO. Princess is making a full of themselves with all the issues on the Sun. This is not their first build.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arizonaperson said:

@MsSoCalCruiser not sure what you’re referring to , it was always known that premier benefits previously had 2 specialty dining pre fixe courses, per voyage .

I don’t think anyone on CC decided ,……

My quote was also cut off. I also said that those that are were interested in Premier, should check out the venue to see what is included or to look at the menus. They’re out there ….that way they can make an informed decision whether they want premier and how it’s interpreted. Only Princess can do the enforcement or tell what the rules are ,not me. 
“ One” can upgrade to Premier once you’re onboard on day one and two -if it’s still available & not to capacity,but if people have any issues with it and they don’t understand it …..then go directly to all the venues and ask. 

Yes, I cut the quote off because it was really long, sorry. I was only wondering about the two sentences talking about one casual dining credit per day, and one specialty dining credit per day. I just wanted to know if that was something in writing. 

2 minutes ago, asctony said:

I totally agree with you & OXO. Princess is making a full of themselves with all the issues on the Sun. This is not their first build.

They really have hit their reputation with poor design and roll out of the newest ships and all of these additional charge items.  It's laughably bad how they have handled this.  They need to fire some people.

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They really have hit their reputation with poor design and roll out of the newest ships and all of these additional charge items.  It's laughably bad how they have handled this.  They need to fire some people.

I agree with you! Does that mean that we are complainers? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, asctony said:

I agree with you! Does that mean that we are complainers? LOL

You have been here longer than me, but this forum has a bunch of high volume posters who are Princess apologists and support and praise every thing Princess does, and shout down those who complain about the downward quality of the product and the never ending price increases.  It is what it is.

Edited by kywildcatfanone
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes, I cut the quote off because it was really long, sorry. I was only wondering about the two sentences talking about one casual dining credit per day, and one specialty dining credit per day. I just wanted to know if that was something in writing. 

Nope not in writing per se ….except premier and plus package benefits. Some casual restaurants are only open certain hours,( i.e lunch) while specialty open dinner. So I think those that are interested should ask once onboard if they may “ do” premier  unlimited for lunch & dinner, I would think so. Or those interested should do a new thread for what’s really happening onboard  with how many times you can eat per day for premier package on each ship and venue. I know that those SD venues that take reservations,only 1 may be made .

IMG_0193.thumb.jpeg.5280000eddc1195f4370d02d19d72465.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please look at the sushi menu. It tells you what is included in the package. The right side of the menu is for armed and special apps. The all show that ala carte pricing applies. How can you argue that you shoud

be able to substitute one for the other. Same with steakhouse you can get a regular steak but not the special ones that are extra

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Please look at the sushi menu. It tells you what is included in the package. The right side of the menu is for armed and special apps. The all show that ala carte pricing applies. How can you argue that you shoud

be able to substitute one for the other. Same with steakhouse you can get a regular steak but not the special ones that are extra

What are armed and special apps? 

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What are armed and special apps? 

Sorry additional. There are 2 sides to the menu one says packages and one says ala carte. Packages are limited to what the package contains and that has never changed 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sorry additional. There are 2 sides to the menu one says packages and one says ala carte. Packages are limited to what the package contains and that has never changed 

I still don’t understand why someone that has purchased a Princess Premier package should have to pay for a bowl of Ramen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

I disagree. It is well known that "influencers" are making money off of ads and the more views they can generate the more money. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 555 said:

Yes and at the same time it can be interpreted as meaning unlimited numbers of courses at each seating. 

Princess should clarify their meaning and stop calling it unlimited, which it is not. 

Looks like they already have. It's on their menu. 

It's been the same with Casual Dining, nothing new. 

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I still don’t understand why someone that has purchased a Princess Premier package should have to pay for a bowl of Ramen. 

Same reason someone who paid for Plus or Premier needs to pay for the single scoop of gelato instead of the Premier desserts. It's not included. 

The terms and conditions are pretty clear. The cover charge is free. The cover charge is not all you can eat. It doesn't cover upcharge items or if you want to eat three appetizers, two mains four desserts. In my experience if you wanted an extra appetizer or dessert they will bring you one. On a recent cruise the waiter knew I was deciding between two desserts. I made a choice but he brought them both for me to try. For the most part wait staff are reasonable if you are.

---

Unlimited Specialty Dining meals: It is recommended that guests make  Specialty Dining reservations pre-cruise using the Princess® App. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and location. The Specialty Dining included in a Package is for restaurant cover changes only and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges. Availability of Specialty Dining reservations may be limited on certain cruises.

---

(Bold is added by me.)

25 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Same reason someone who paid for Plus or Premier needs to pay for the single scoop of gelato instead of the Premier desserts. It's not included. 

Actually, according to the terms and conditions is. Only SMiZE is explicitly excluded, otherwise if dessert is available at a 'venue' it is included. I had plenty of free gelato and sorbet on a recent cruise but not one of those crazy candy topped desserts.  Complain to Guest services if they force you to pay for one scoop of Gelato.

--

Premium Desserts: are only available during a  voyage during open hours of the venue at which dessert is available. Excludes SMiZE premium ice creams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Actually, according to the terms and conditions is. Only SMiZE is explicitly excluded, otherwise if dessert is available at a 'venue' it is included. I had plenty of free gelato and sorbet on a recent cruise but not one of those crazy candy topped desserts.  Complain to Guest services if they force you to pay for one scoop of Gelato.

--

Premium Desserts: are only available during a  voyage during open hours of the venue at which dessert is available. Excludes SMiZE premium ice creams. 

The definition of a premium dessert unfortunately isn't a scoop or two of gelato. 

I haven't been on Princess (yet! 25 days to our cruise!) -- but when we booked Premier I assumed that meant we have unlimited number of times we could visit the specialty restaurants. I did not assume that we could order an unlimited amount of anything on the menu. I think most experienced cruisers would understand this, although I'd be willing to cut a break for a first timer.

I've been to many restaurants -- asea and ashore--  that have a prix fixe menu, where you can order an app, entree, dessert. I've never expected any of these to let me order AS MANY of each item as I want. That would never happen at a land based restaurant. 

It is also common that these prix fixe menus may offer items for an upcharge. For example, the standard menu comes with a 6oz filet, but you can get a 10oz filet for an extra $10. Or you can add a lobster tail for an extra charge, or whatever. This is not at all unusual or surprising. 

Why would anyone expect it to be different on a ship? I think this person is parsing the "unlimited" phrasing to get clicks. If he has any experience whatsoever as a cruiser or just someone who eats in restaurants, I think he would understand that you can't just order 6 lobster tails or whatever. There are restrictions. 

If you want truly *unlimited* then go to the buffet. Knock yourself out.

• Like 1