Well, I did it. I violated my Golden Rule of not calling MSC customer service...

Stockjock

I have a long MSC Comedy of Errors thread, but they preferred that I start new threads going forward, so I'm trying to do that.

My MSC Golden Rule is, "When your reservation more or less looks correct, for God's sake, don't call MSC!"

I called them tonight to discuss pricing on a potential upgrade on a 2025 sailing from Fantastica Veranda to Yacht Club Deluxe Veranda.  The agent suggested that a discount had not been applied that would lower my price regardless of whether or not I did the upgrade.  So I told her that would be great.

Long story short, it increased the price, rather than decreasing it.  I've had it increased by over $800, but in this case, only $23.  But still.

She was very sweet and was trying to correct it for maybe 35-45 minutes, when the call was disconnected.  I had to start from scratch with a new agent who was considerably less sweet.  They fixed the pricing but had removed the Voyager's Select booking code which provides double points once the sailing is completed.  I had to actually argue with her and all I wanted to get done was to get the booking back to the way it was before the prior agent put her fingers on it.  She kept saying over and over (and over), "After the cruise, you will be awarded any Voyager's Club points that you are entitled to".  I couldn't get it through to her that, without the proper Pax Type coding, I wouldn't get the double points.  She then tried to get me to call Voyager's Club tomorrow, but I already knew that they had no authority to modify the booking.

In the end, they fixed it, but it only took 2 agents and maybe 1 hour 45 minutes of my time.  I'm going to try very hard not to call them, although if I do upgrade the cabin, I might have to.

Edited by Stockjock

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I took a cruise in Aug. Now in mid Oct, neither the points nor the cruise show in my profile.

How long does it take after a cruise to get credit?

Congrats on getting your original booking back...with your left kidney intact.🥴

Your points should have been credited by now.  I'd send an email to MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I took a cruise in Aug. Now in mid Oct, neither the points nor the cruise show in my profile.

sometimes 4 days and sometimes much longer

I have emailed regarding a cruise in late August and their response was please wait until after 30 days after sail date since they will be added by then.  Bless their hearts, I waiting until 40 days to email so yes it is after 30 days.  They are useless.  

36 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Your points should have been credited by now.  I'd send an email to MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

My travel partner received a response and said they were having issues and the technical team is looking into it.  The numerous excuses are laughable

15 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I have a long MSC Comedy of Errors thread, but they preferred that I start new threads going forward, so I'm trying to do that.

My MSC Golden Rule is, "When your reservation more or less looks correct, for God's sake, don't call MSC!"

I called them tonight to discuss pricing on a potential upgrade on a 2025 sailing from Fantastica Veranda to Yacht Club Deluxe Veranda.  The agent suggested that a discount had not been applied that would lower my price regardless of whether or not I did the upgrade.  So I told her that would be great.

Long story short, it increased the price, rather than decreasing it.  I've had it increased by over $800, but in this case, only $23.  But still.

She was very sweet and was trying to correct it for maybe 35-45 minutes, when the call was disconnected.  I had to start from scratch with a new agent who was considerably less sweet.  They fixed the pricing but had removed the Voyager's Select booking code which provides double points once the sailing is completed.  I had to actually argue with her and all I wanted to get done was to get the booking back to the way it was before the prior agent put her fingers on it.  She kept saying over and over (and over), "After the cruise, you will be awarded any Voyager's Club points that you are entitled to".  I couldn't get it through to her that, without the proper Pax Type coding, I wouldn't get the double points.  She then tried to get me to call Voyager's Club tomorrow, but I already knew that they had no authority to modify the booking.

In the end, they fixed it, but it only took 2 agents and maybe 1 hour 45 minutes of my time.  I'm going to try very hard not to call them, although if I do upgrade the cabin, I might have to.

I thought I remembered that you are one of us who use a TA. This not the case?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Calling MSC customer service for simple items that don't change my booking has always worked fine for me.  Those that try to have customer service make a major booking change, like what was mentioned above, 1.) I applaud your bravery, and, 2.) I have no pity for you with respect to the outcome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

It varies - but I've always had mine within a week or two.  I also cruised in (mid) August and had my points before September.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, Haljo1935 said:

You have had them a while ago.  Our points from our B2B 9/21 - 9/28. 9/28 - 10/5 hit our accounts last week. 

Edited by DaKahuna

3 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Our travel agent gets us 10 to 15% percent off, depending on the sailing. I highly recommend using one for the rebate.

I did get an initial quote, and they offered about 10% OBC, so that's meaningful.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Time to send them an email..  As I understand it, that is the only way to contact Voyagers Club. 

And don’t hold your breath. It took almost two weeks to get a reply from Voyagers Club, and it was a canned response that didn’t come close to answering the question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/16/2024 at 4:41 AM, Stockjock said:

They fixed the pricing but had removed the Voyager's Select booking code which provides double points once the sailing is completed.

I cannot believe you touched a booking with double Voyager points. And I also cannot believe you found somebody to fix it 😄

• Like 3

9 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I cannot believe you touched a booking with double Voyager points. And I also cannot believe you found somebody to fix it 😄

Now I have another dilemma.  As mentioned, this was booked under the 5% + 5% + double points.  I'm considering a substantial upgrade, from Fantastica Veranda to YC Duplex.  I have 2 options.

A. Cancel that sailing and book with a travel agent.  I'd probably pick up something close to $500 in OBC.

B. Keep my current sailing direct with MSC and upgrade to YC.

Advantages to option A:

More OBC.

Disadvantages to option A:

I'd lose the double VC points, since we're now less than a year away.  I'm already MSC Diamond, but double VC points would push me over into the new MSC Blue Diamond tier if I understand it correctly.  Standard VC points would not get me there.

I'd lose the Generali insurance price that I paid for the Fantastica Veranda.  Not a lot of money ($140), but still.

Hmmm...