? RE: Captain's elegant tea

HRHMadonna

I've sailed X a number of times and don't recall there ever being a Captain's Elegant Tea. I do however recall (and have been dragged to it many times by my DW) an Elegant Tea that anyone can go to (assuming of course you adhere to the dress code). On a 7 day cruise there will usually be one elegant tea and on a 14 cruise there are two (sorry, don't know about a ten day).

If you like high tea, definitately attend. Some very nice sandwiches and desserts.

Wonder if some of you "regulars" on Celebrity could tell me.....Who is invited to the Captain's elegant tea? Are all past Celebrity cruise passengers invited? Or, only those at at certain level?

Will appreciate your input.

Hi, I don't know of a "Captain's Tea" either.

There is an Elegant Tea, yes. I was sent an invitation and it

was held in the Olympic Restaurant on Millennium.

I'm not sure if it is Elite Members only...or Elite and Select.

It is set up beauitfully and the food and waiters aren't

bad either:D ;) We had a lovely time.

I have also attended Elegant Teas on the C-Class ships,

those are in the Main Dining Room.

Hope this helps a bit.

There are two elegant teas, one for everyone and one for elite members. Depending on the number of members aboard, sometimes the select members are invited as well. The one for elite members is usually held in the specialty restaurant on M-Class ships. The other is held in the dining room.

Our past cruises have all been 10 days or longer, with several sea days. There has been one elegant tea open to all, and one for Concierge Class.

Ma Bell - I wonder if the tea for Elite is the same as Concierge Class or not?

I'm not sure if we ever went to both or not. But we've only been to Elegant Tea's in the dining room. It would be cool to have it in the specialty restuarant!

When we sailed on Mercury through the Panama canal, there were 2 elegant teas, both for all passengers and in the dining room. The harpist was playing and it was really nice. There was one on the 5 day Century recently in the dining room but we did not attend because we were going to Murano that night and I didn't want to spoil my appetite.

just a variety of teas to drink. The sandwiches are a little too yuppy for my taste but the desserts are fantastic. As Elite members we get an invitation to Elegant Tea in the specialty restaurant and there is an Elegant Tea open to all passengers. It is a pain to go back to the cabin and change in the middle of the afternoon but, if you've never done it before, I think it's worth the extra effort.

just a variety of teas to drink. The sandwiches are a little too yuppy for my taste but the desserts are fantastic. As Elite members we get an invitation to Elegant Tea in the specialty restaurant and there is an Elegant Tea held in the main dining room that is open to all passengers. It is a pain to go back to the cabin and change in the middle of the afternoon but, if you've never done it before, I think it's worth the extra effort.

So, do they only serve tea? Or is there champagne as well?

Hi,:) they serve teas.....all different ones. No bubbly though.

All types of finger sandwiches: shrimp, salmon, roastbeef just

to name a few.

Then they have a big dessert cart. It is 2 levels with many different

choices. Cookies, pastries, cakes...

The waiters are all elegantly dressed in tuxes and I have

always enjoyed myself.

I think they are a lovely addition and such fun.

I am a mom of four children and like everyone else my life is busy. To get dressed up, go to a tea, have the waiters dressed in tuxes for me its like playing a grown up version of princess. I love the opportunity to just enjoy being waited on and I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT !!!

Nadine

Thanks to all of you for your answers....If I am putting the responses together correctly, it sounds like we will have at least one elegant tea on the Millennium and that some in our group may be invited to a second tea.

Your information will certainly help with our packing as we always bring vintage hats, long dresses and white gloves for tea.....Yes, we know we will be over-dressed, but we have yet to be asked to leave the Dining Room for being TOO formal....That's what the cruise is all about! We even refer to our cabins as "changing rooms"!

If anyone receives invitations they do not plan to use on the 1/14 Millie, please do look for the "Hat Ladies"....we would be most delighted to join you....or represent...you at elegant tea.

How will you know who we are? Trust me....You will know.;)

Ta Ta!

What exactly is the dress code for Elegant Tea? Sounds like fun! I figure, even if my DH does not want to go...well, I may just have to go by myself!

Hi, I have been a few times and either put on a pair of black

slacks (the travelers kind...no wrinkling:D ) with a top,

skirt and top or sundress. I go casual but try to look nice as well.

And I have gone by myself in the past. The waitstaff is always

great and they will seat you with others:)

I know it is called "Elegant Tea" and they do request no shorts.

Lois R is correct about the dress code... not much to worry about other than do NOT try to wear shorts or swimwear (they were actually enforcing this on my last cruise). As far as it being worth changing? Absolutely (at least IMHO).

Regarding drinks, they also serve coffee and maybe I was on drugs but I think if you were willing to pay for it, Champagne or other alcoholic drinks could be purchased. Didn't see anyone actually do that on my last cruise however.

Archived