Blenders

oh look what hubby just bought me for our going away cruise!

http://www.mainstsupply.com/shopfamily/44/dept/8/cat/30/fam.htm

Betchya my new tub will work for the mini spa !!!!

Or if ya need you can do your laundry in it, saves from dirting the pool.

Ya Know if we can't get KK's Distillary up and going we could go around and raid everyones mini bar and use the Tub to make a good batch of Trash Can Punch. Vicar have you been a practicing your Bagpipes?

ger77,

We tried the breakmaker on a previous cruise. However, the dough has to rise and then it has to be baked. As you may, or may not know, a wait of over 45 seconds for food is considered unacceptable on a cruise.

Can we bring a deck chair with a massage attachment? I know there are chairs that have these. I saw one on the Maasdam, it cost a dollar a minute. If we can get a massaging deck chair and set it up at the pool, it would be great. Think of the money we can save on the spa bill! :D :D :cool: :cool:

Linda

:) Ziggy7

Only 17 gallons??? Our out-house uses more than that!! (And that's for each flush!)

I want a BIG distillery.

:)

KK are these your distillery plans ????

Stream Table Plans (metal tub)

Based on design by Mark Wagner

This stream table has an aluminum or stainless steel tub rather than the wooden tub used in the original Missouri Department of Conservation design. Other modifications from the Missouri model include wooden "saw horse" stands rather than automotive jacks, an optional battery or 12-volt transformer hook-up to provide power to the re-circulating pump, and a sink drain mounted in the tub.

The initial cost of the metal tub design is higher, but it is much more durable and requires less maintenance than the wood design. It also can be used to simulate an archeological dig (used with dry matrix), as a fish cleaning station during fishing workshops, as a shallow aquatic display, as a table for temporary displays of animal pelts or botanical specimens, or anywhere you need a large flat sink.

Approximate costs of some items:

plastic matrix $350 - $450

metal tub $300 - $400

pump motor $15+

Materials list:

Aluminum or stainless steel tub; 80 by 32 inches; constructed from 4x8-foot sheet of aluminum or stainless steel

2, 10-foot pine 1-inch by 8-inch boards (or 1-inch by 10-inch with stainless steel)

kitchen sink drain (save the drain stopper for other uses of the tub)

plumber’s putty or silicon caulk

plastic tail pipe for sink drain, with screw connector to easily remove from drain bottom for transport (1-foot to 2-foot, can be cut to length)

4, 1/2-inch threaded rods, each 4-foot long

8 washers and 8, 1/2-inch nuts for threaded rods

4, 1/4-inch or 3/8-inch eye bolts, 8 nuts and washers for eye bolts (for tie downs)

8 angle braces with wood screws

18-20 metal, bonded to rubber, washers for tub support on wood frame

1, 3/4-inch ball type, street valve (brass)

Plexiglas or aluminum plate for mounting street valve

2, plastic 90° elbows (one side threaded for street valve the other for 3/4-inch plastic tubing)

2, plastic 90° elbows (both ends for 3/4-inch plastic tubing)

14 feet of clear plastic tubing, 3/4-inch inside diameter (I.D.), 7 feet of the tubing should be very flexible and 7 feet of the tubing (to be mounted on tub) can be a more rigid 3/4-inch anhydrous ammonia tubing (found at a farm supply store)

2 hose clamps for 3/4-inch tubing

2 handles for carrying stream table, and wood screws for mounting

8 copper pipe straps and nails, for 3/4-inch pipe

13 gallon, or larger kitchen wastebasket or tub, 22 to 24 inches tall

smaller wastebasket, tub, or bucket to fit inside larger one (above)

submersible pump (360 gallons per hour)

electrical transformer, input: 110 volt A.C., output: 12-volts D.C., 300 m A (same voltage output as a 12-volt car battery)

optional 12-volt automotive battery

connecting jack or alligator clips to connect automotive battery or transformer to submersible pump cord (9-volt battery connectors can be bought from electronics suppliers)

plastic pitcher 1

fine mesh for lining pitcher

4, 8-foot long 2-inch by 4-inch pine boards (saw horse bases)

4-inch decking or sheet rock screws, enough for saw horse and tub frame construction

10, 5-gallon buckets to carry matrix and other supplies

2 plastic grain scoops for moving matrix

PVC reducing collar (4-inch to 3-inch) that will fit tightly inside the top of the sink drain; purchase at a farm supply store (used on perforated, PVC drainage tile)

Steps for construction of metal stream table (see diagrams also):

1. Contract the construction of the 32-inch by 80-inch aluminum or stainless steel tub. Aluminum should be at least .040 guage; stainless steel can be thinner. Stitch weld four aluminum angle stiffeners to the tub bottom. Weld all corners and seams to be watertight. Double roll top edges to eliminate any exposed sharp edges or cover with edging for steel doors.

2. Construct a 1-inch by 8-inch (or 1-inch by 10-inch) pine board frame for the tub, using both decking screws and metal angles to support corners. A 10-foot board can be cut to form one side and one end piece.

3. Place the aluminum tub in the wooden frame so the bottom of the angle stiffeners are flush with the bottom of the wood frame. Drill holes in wood frame so a 1/2-inch threaded rod can pass through each side of the wooden frame and the space in the stiffeners. Place washers and nuts on each end of the threaded rod. Use glue or Locktite to make sure the nuts will not loosen.

4. Mount two eye bolts on the bottom of each side of the stream table for tie downs when transporting the stream table on top of a vehicle. Saw horse bases can be placed in the stream table, and all tied down with ropes. Remove the PVC tail pipe drain prior to

I'm a little concerned about storage in the bathroom, so I am bringing a cabinet kit from the Home Depot to put together once on board. The box isn't very deep, but it is long and weighs about 100 pounds. Do you think the stewards will mind putting it togher for me and delivering it that way? They could just tape a luggage tag on the top shelf so doesn't get confused with anyone else's shelves.

Also, do they sell charcol in the gift shop? I'm sure my bottle of lighter fluid will last the week, but the charcol bag only lasts for about 3 verandah cook outs. I'll need more than that, but it so much trouble to bring more than 1 bag along with the kettle drum grill. What do you all think?

Oh, and one more comfort and convenience item. I know they are always taking down the ceiling fans on "Trading Spaces," but I absolutley must have one on at night and since my husband is quite handy with electrical issues, we are able to travel with one. Are the ceilings made of a substance that his drill will be able to complete the installation quickly? I hate it when we come upon a ceiling that is difficult to drill. Sometimes it leaves large holes which do so bother me during our vacation...imagine, having to look up at holes around your personal ciling fan.....really bothersome!

I know when people stay in the room after us, they know by the nice smoky smell that we had a grill and are sorry we didn't leave it for them. And the ceiling fan.....well when they stare up at the frayed wires above their heads and see the now empty mounting brackets, they are so very sad we removed it before disembarkation. I've heard they call the stewards to complain about the wires hanging. Well, I say to them, you should have remembered to pack your ceiling fan too.

Oh, I forgot. I have also ordered a sofa from a store in Key West. Rather than pay freight charges to my home, I am having it delivered to the ship the day will be there. Now, how convenient is that??? Do you think people will sit on it if I store it in the hall outside my stateroom? I would hate for it to be sat upon before I get it home.

Take this is as a warning. If you see an oversized couch outside a room on the 8th deck, stay off, please.

I just got back from Wal Mart today and bought some beautiful NASCAR approved curtains for the main dining room.

imagine how much more special Dutch Night will be with the images of Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty looking down at us as we eat.

Also some of the artwork on HAL needs to be brought up to date.

I have some beautiful lithographs of the "Classics" ( you know "Dogs Playing Poker" and the like)

And a portrait of Elvis painted on genuine Velvet that is just awe inspiring.

Help!!! I am running out of room. Thus far my accumulation is a 3 cylinder diesel powered weed eater, a 3 cylinder lightweight diesel powered chain saw with boring attachment, a well, a number 1 wash tub with scrub board (and I forgot to mention the homemade lye soap requiring a tub of lard and potash to make it), a double barrel Civil War cannon, all to be placed on a 41 square ft. verandah. This morning DW reminded me that I have to take my sleep apnea machine and I replied nooooo problem. WRONG!! This little jewel requires distilled water and I have doubts that HAL is got this stuff in the stores...ssooo you know what this means. By the time I crowd the still in the room I have it figured out...We sleep in the hall on the floor.

Help!!! I am running out of room. ...snip... We sleep in the hall on the floor.
Nah - tthat's one of the advantages of the chain saw. Just carve some space out of the cabin next door. After all, it IS your vacation. You deserve it.

Good Advice! However the people on either wide are vacationing as well. And besides, DW says I look lilke Dr. Lector from the movie "Silence of the Lambs" when I have my apnea mask on and I certainly don't want to scare anybody to death. Not a pretty sight.

And so it goes..having to sleep in the hall with no power outlets to electrify the apnea machine means renting a diesel powered electrical generator (do you suppose the noise will disturb the neighbors?), and no bath room means renting one of them little porta potties (like you see at the Nascar events..really nasty) and etc.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Folks, it's really been fun participating in the banter on this thread. However, it's time to start packing for a grand time of our lives...Sailing on the Westerdam out of Harwich Friday. Bon voyage, ta ta, farewell, adios.

Now where's that power cord?

:) flatwallet

There are outlets in the hallways as well as next to the bathrooms. No problem there for your machine.

Have a good time on the Westerdam. We will all be anxious for a review of your cruise and the ship.

P.S. - tell us which cabin you are enlarging with your chain saw so that when we are on the Westerdam in January, we will know which cabin to check out.

Seriously, Have a Great trip and cruise. How wonderful to be traveling to Harwich. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. We too are looking forward to your review since we will be boarding the Westerdam in March.

Bon Voyage;)

I just popped down to the orginal thread where I got this topic from. Believe it or not, they are talking seriously about blenders on that board.

Maybe you don't find this serious, but I think that we're covering some important topics. Prior to this thread I was too embarressed to let people know that I pack my own cruise ship as a backup.

You almost made me spit yogurt on my laptop. That was the first time I think I actually laughed at loud at something I read on the internet.:D
Glad I could help (if that's the right word).

I hope nobody noticed. Could be embarrassing.:D

:) Orcrone

If the origianl poster ever saw what HAL cc'ers have said, I can only hope that they have as a good a sense of humor as we have and don't flame us all.

:D

Maybe someone should head over there and point them in our direction.:D :eek:

These are all good money-saving ideas for making a cruise comfortable yet economical. However, I'm concerned that even the back-up cruise ship may not be enough. I've read on these boards about the general decline in the quality of the onboard entertainment (as compared to the Good Old Days, of course). Do you think it would be rude if I brought along the Rockettes and asked the HAL show cast to please step aside and let me enjoy the production number the way I want it? Would this be OK (a) only on formal nights, (b) only on casual nights, or © any d**n time I want? And could I please replace the comedian with my own juggler? I do so prefer jugglers.

After all, I've saved up for a long time for this cruise, and intend to enjoy myself.

;)

Cactuslady,

It's your vacation, you've saved up for it. I think it's only reasonable that you should watch the entertainment you want. But they better be careful on stage when my alligator wrestler is up there.

I won't point them to us, but I'll point us to them: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=57981

It is pretty tame. None of the bashing I would have expected.

ok now you've dont it! They mentioned taking some tupperware, soooooooo now I want to take my lazy susan so I can fill it up at the Lido deck buffet and bring to the deck party. However they are not quite big enough for say 1,000 ppl, so how about it ladies, I know you still have them, please bring yours too! Think we should ask the little ole ladies gathering the sugar and salt packets to bring theirs too ????

You talk about taking stuff from the Lido, but it's not so far fetched.

When I was a teenager I worked as a lifeguard at a hotel in the Catskill Mountains. The guests would ask the waiters for "falatahs". This was food they could take back to the room "for later".