white luggage tags on RCCL

Ok so i was looking on an online auction site and I saw someone auctioning white luggage tags for rccl, stating that this would let you get off the ship 1st.,

is this true ? for every ship ? I was laughing I thought , my goodness people sell anything ... but i would get it ..LOL

heres the link if anyone is interested,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Caribbean-WHITE-Luggage-tags-GET-OFF-SHIP-1st_W0QQitemZ260122308627QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

Melissa

White is for excursions and early departure is beige now. So white would send your luggage to who knows where. ??:D

LOL...better not get it then ... ;)

I was just thinking gosh that was funny.... I hope no one gets it and uses them, ,, and like you said the luggage goes who knows where,,

melissa

If you wish to depart early, simply visit the purser's desk the day before you depart. They will be only to happy to accommodate you. I personally like to have a leisurely breakfast and sit and watch the crowded as they all vie for first off. Getting of at about ten in the morning is best, you just stroll off go to the luggage place and there are your bags...easy to find, because most people have departed. Porter is right there and little to no lines everywhere. Have never figured out why, if you don't have to you would want to be first off. It's a nightmare!

Hi. We just got off the Explorer yesterday. The stateroom attendant had left yellow tags for us. That was going to be called 6th or 7th to depart. I went down to guest relations and explained that I had two young kids that were not ones to sit in one place for long. So they gave me pink. They called white and pink at the same time. We were off the ship, got our luggage, and to our car in 20 min from the time the began debarkation. That was the best I have ever had it! So, yes, you can ask for an early color. But you don't have to pay for it! Some one is scamming if they sell them...

White is for excursions and early departure is beige now. So white would send your luggage to who knows where. ??:D

PATTTTTYYYYYYY!!! Hi! :D

Yes, I always wonder at the tackiness of some people selling this stuff on Ebay. But, I'm the give-away queen, and leave all my freebies in the ladies room, or give it away to fellow CC-ers.

But, disembarkation luggage tags????? I think they are numbered, too, so they wouldn't match the ship and date, etc., would they?

If you wish to depart early, simply visit the purser's desk the day before you depart. They will be only to happy to accommodate you. I personally like to have a leisurely breakfast and sit and watch the crowded as they all vie for first off. Getting of at about ten in the morning is best, you just stroll off go to the luggage place and there are your bags...easy to find, because most people have departed. Porter is right there and little to no lines everywhere. Have never figured out why, if you don't have to you would want to be first off. It's a nightmare!

I'm really glad I read this. Last year we cruised with my parents and I felt really rushed to be first off the ship with them. Really a let down after a week of total relaxation. I kept thinking "what's the rush?" Our flight home this year doesn't leave until 7:30 p.m. I think we'll have breakfast and aim for getting off the ship around 10:00. I don't even think we had breakfast on that last morning. Is the WJ open for breakfast on the last day and what time do they serve until?

I think it's horrid for people to sell things like this on Ebay, but as long as they can get away with it and they can find a sucker to pay, I suppose it will continue to happen.

I know it's not the first time I've seen those tags and worse, an old seapass card with a Coke sticker, making people think they can use it onboard a different cruise.

Or the free junk that's left in the cabin, I've even seen the paper tops of the bathroom water glasses, soap and shampoo, door hangers, menus etc... for sale on Ebay.

We all have different values in life. While I see absolutely no value in the above mentioned articles, others crave such posessions.

This depends on the ship. I just came off Rhapsody a couple of weeks ago and had white tags. Mine were sitting right there in the terminal when we got off. The only bad part, someone had taken the tags off our luggage so part of it was in the white area and other pieces in other areas, had to go looking for it. Not sure why someone would take the tags off unless they wanted white tags and did not realize how easy it is to get them.

On our recent cruise, they gave us green tags. We were a little late coming in, and by the time all the people who were self disembarking were called, it was getting a little late (had 8 hour drive home.) When they called the white tags, we got off of the ship. All the luggage was out, we just got our from the green pile and headed off on our merry way!

I'm really glad I read this. Last year we cruised with my parents and I felt really rushed to be first off the ship with them. Really a let down after a week of total relaxation. I kept thinking "what's the rush?" Our flight home this year doesn't leave until 7:30 p.m. I think we'll have breakfast and aim for getting off the ship around 10:00. I don't even think we had breakfast on that last morning. Is the WJ open for breakfast on the last day and what time do they serve until?

They keep the WJ open past 9, but there isn't a set time that they close it. Hint: They close the farthest part (aft or forward, depending on your ship) first, leaving the main part open the longest. The breakfast on the last day is pretty much all the same food you can get on the other days. So, eat away!

We all have different values in life. While I see absolutely no value in the above mentioned articles, others crave such posessions.
So very well expressed!!!!!!!!

Just got off a couple weeks ago. No excursions. I am Diamond and had white tags. White was the first color called.

To the Op, I've got two left over. Want them?

Just got off a couple weeks ago. No excursions. I am Diamond and had white tags. White was the first color called.

To the Op, I've got two left over. Want them?

LOL no thanks ...

i was just posting since i thought it was funny ... like someone else said , people sell anything trying to make money ...

Caution! Make sure white tags do not denote "valet service to the airport". That happened to us in San Diego. Neither we nor our luggage were going to the airport as we were staying a few days and it was not easy getting the luggage back.

Ok so i was looking on an online auction site and I saw someone auctioning white luggage tags for rccl, stating that this would let you get off the ship 1st.,

is this true ? for every ship ? I was laughing I thought , my goodness people sell anything ... but i would get it ..LOL

heres the link if anyone is interested,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Caribbean-WHITE-Luggage-tags-GET-OFF-SHIP-1st_W0QQitemZ260122308627QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

Melissa

VERY interesting. I also checked seller's other auctions to see what else they have sold. They sold a Diamond members' coupon booklet for $33 Wonder if there's any resrtictions about resale on the booklet. If there is, the seller could get in hot water from eBay as well as RCCL if someone were report them.

VERY interesting. I also checked seller's other auctions to see what else they have sold. They sold a Diamond members' coupon booklet for $33 Wonder if there's any restrictions about resale on the booklet. If there is, the seller could get in hot water from Eba as well as RCCL if someone were report them.

I believe some people would sell their souls on EBAY if they thought they could get a buck for it. The Diamond Booklet may or may not work for others. For example, the internet minutes. We had to use our SeaPass to sign in and when we went to the pursers office to get our credit, they checked to be sure we were Diamond members.

For someone to buy the booklets thinking they can use them, might be in for a big shock. I am also one who would give them away, not sell them.

As far as luggage tags, I think it depends on the ship. We had first off (after self-debarkation) and they were beige last week. It just appalls me that people get things free and then sell them. I just feel the cruise lines are going to stop giving things away because of people like the EBAY sellers. As with many other things, some ruin it for others.

Katie

Is it possible to request a late check out? I mean not later than normal but possibly the last disembarkment call? We will be staying in FLL for one more evening and will be traveling with a few elderly individuals and it would be great to be able to eat at the Windjammer and have a leisurely departure without trying to fight the crowds.

Is it possible to request a late check out? I mean not later than normal but possibly the last disembarkment call? We will be staying in FLL for one more evening and will be traveling with a few elderly individuals and it would be great to be able to eat at the Windjammer and have a leisurely departure without trying to fight the crowds.

You don't have to leave when your color is called. They just don't want you to leave before your color is called.

Just stay on and take your time -- just don't stay past the last color to be called.

Ron

VERY interesting. I also checked seller's other auctions to see what else they have sold. They sold a Diamond members' coupon booklet for $33 Wonder if there's any resrtictions about resale on the booklet. If there is, the seller could get in hot water from eBay as well as RCCL if someone were report them.

wow i didnt notice that... how funny,, trying to make some money and like someone else said you cant use them unless you are diamond members probably... im sure the cruiselines will check it ....

Archived