Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

They have elevators on cruise ships????? 21.gif

I just thought those glass boxes were for 'Lobby Excursions'.

Seriously, there's at least 3 if not 4 elevators in each bank/section.

:D You need them with the size of the ships..."I'd like two lobby excursions on my at sea days please"

ionsys

We are booked on the 11 day solstice in Sept 09. We studied the deck plans, and I was surprised to see 2 banks when I think Millennium class has 3 banks - forward, midships and stern.

More exercise walking up and down will build up a bigger appitite!

We took the risk and booked a aft - we like the view aft, although with 3 of us we always made use of the large balconies on Millennium class ships.

Angie

I have not been so impressed with all the new ships coming out until I saw the Soltice, if the mock ups are even close to real life it is going to be some ship. I am currently booked on the Freedom and am seriously thinking of changing our cruise to the Soltice. We do want to wait until the kinks are worked out before going and see some reviews of the ship. As far as what she looks like, what she has to offer as far as dining, lounges and entertainment we are very excitied about her.

I have not been so impressed with all the new ships coming out until I saw the Soltice, if the mock ups are even close to real life it is going to be some ship. I am currently booked on the Freedom and am seriously thinking of changing our cruise to the Soltice. We do want to wait until the kinks are worked out before going and see some reviews of the ship. As far as what she looks like, what she has to offer as far as dining, lounges and entertainment we are very excitied about her.

dfishner,

You are in good company. We are all excited by this new class of ships on our favorite cruise line.

If they can't replicate the Mercury with the T pool & perfect size--then we'll do our best with Solstice! Have two booked on her for now! Does anyone know who the CD & Capt will be?

If they can't replicate the Mercury with the T pool & perfect size--then we'll do our best with Solstice! Have two booked on her for now! Does anyone know who the CD & Capt will be?

I believe it is going to be Captain Crunch.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know who the CD & Capt will be?

I have not seen it discussed recently, but a poster had reported Captain Skylogiannis said he would be going to the yard to take her out.

On our cruise in Feb. on the Connie, I asked the person booking new cruises if the Solstice aft balconies were large like the millinium ships and he said no, they were not.

I think I saw that someone had emailed the shipyard. I'm not sure they'll get a reply as Celebrity are playing things pretty close to their chest on the release of information. I don't like waiting either;)

Phil

Looking at this picture of the Solstice model that someone posted earlier, the balconies do look a bit larger than the average balcony.

274967472_QRh24-M.jpg

I agree Mike. It would also not be rare, sadly, for loyalty ambassadors to be ill-informed on a new-build.

It would also not be rare, sadly, for loyalty ambassadors to be ill-informed on a new-build.

Really! I am shocked at this revelation. :eek: :D

It is kind of cute how info on the Sosltice is spoon fed to us in little bites, as if we need something like that to keep us excited about this new class for Celebrity.

I think I saw that someone had emailed the shipyard. I'm not sure they'll get a reply as Celebrity are playing things pretty close to their chest on the release of information. I don't like waiting either;)

Phil

It was me...I have emailed them twice this last week with no response...so either they are not responding or just have not looked at my email yet...we shall see, especially since I have 4 aft cabins (9301-9307) booked for 4/5/08.:eek:

The suite look nice but we will behappy with ormidships cabin on this trip--next trip too as we have a hump for that one...

Ship is really coming along...are these going to be Panamax when the canal is enlarged--? Not sure if the new lane(s) are wider or just more...Not being able to get through has an impact on how & where they are deployed.

Archived