All things Monarch of the Seas

I just finnished 17 nights on board the Monarch. I have to say that she looks pretty good. Maybe even better than when she sailed out of LA. Good to see Sheldon again, but there are rumors that he may reassign to another ship. Nice meeting all you Florida cruisers and hope to run into you all again some day.

Hey all,

Just booked - Sailing on the Monarch 12/10-12/13. I couldn't resist the $109 price...how can you beat it??

Does anyone know when/if they put up the Christmas decorations on the ship? I'm wondering if it will be decorated while I am on board?

Anyone know who the cruise director is right now? I'll be sailing in 22 days and I'm curious.

My understanding is that it is Drew Devine...We are sailing in 4 weeks...He was the CD on our Mariner cruise in 2007...Pretty good CD...Great drummer...

David:D

How many outside bars does the Monarch have ?

Two, that I remember. The larger one being forward of the pool, and the smaller one is aft of the pool with the big "MOS" sign over it.

However, for some reason the aft pool bar was closed quite often. Never had a problem with crowds at the forward bar....plenty of rum for all! ;)

Hey all,

Just booked - Sailing on the Monarch 12/10-12/13. I couldn't resist the $109 price...how can you beat it??

Does anyone know when/if they put up the Christmas decorations on the ship? I'm wondering if it will be decorated while I am on board?

Gosh, I hope so. The DH will be wearing his Christmas tie! :)

One more question (and thanks to all those that have replied to my other posts)..

Does the Monarch have the same type of DECT phones, that I was able to rent at the pursor's desk, for my kids to stay in touch with us when we were on the Mariner ?

Hey all,

Christmas decorations should be up. I sailed the Monarch same time last year and they were up.

Hey all,

Just got off Monarch this morning...yes, the Christmas decorations are up.

Have a great cruise!!!

Just got off Monarch this morning...yes, the Christmas decorations are up.

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks! I am glad the Christmas tie for the DH will not go wasted! We are on the 12/10 cruise, so having the ship all decorated will really put us in the Christmas spirit! :)

Hello,

My wife and I will be cruising with our 2 young children on the Monarch of the Seas on the December 18 sailing. Our youngest will sleep in the bed with us, but we were hoping our 3 1/2 year old little boy could sleep in the upper. I have never been on a Sovereign class ship and was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the upper/pullman bed in the night time (down) position?? I am trying to find out information about the bed rails. How tall are they? I read in another post that on the Majesty another parent requested and got larger bedrails that could be fitted on the bed every night when the attendents were preparing the room. Anyone know if this might be an option on the Monarch??

Thanks in advance for any info/pictures you can provide!

Yes,there is a charge in the restaurant.

Me? I get my excellant sushi fix the week before at Thai Thai III across the street from the Radisson at the port. Sit at the bar and enjoy the show. Big portions, and very reasonable compared to many Sushi resturants. Say hello to Jose!

Our Mexican/Thai/Japanese sushi chef. He is Great! :)

Hi there, PH8!! Long time no hear....the DH and myself are boarding MOS tomorrow morning. Got a great deal on the last JS cabin, as in "Senior discount/last minute deal". I love being a senior! :D

Whoo...hoo.... Sailing for the first time as Platinum too! :D

Me? I get my excellant sushi fix the week before at Thai Thai III across the street from the Radisson at the port. Sit at the bar and enjoy the show. Big portions, and very reasonable compared to many Sushi resturants. Say hello to Jose!

Our Mexican/Thai/Japanese sushi chef. He is Great! :)

Hi there, PH8!! Long time no hear....the DH and myself are boarding MOS tomorrow morning. Got a great deal on the last JS cabin, as in "Senior discount/last minute deal". I love being a senior! :D

Whoo...hoo.... Sailing for the first time as Platinum too! :D

Hi and have fun.............my friend Lord Timothy is on board for the month.....

I dont do sushi at all........I like my food cooked..:o

Congrats on turning platinum......

The Chops steak at black rock is HUGE!!!!!!! I couldnt even eat half of it..:eek:

The charge is small compared to shore. The hot rock steaks were to die for. I had a huge filet for I think $12.

That sounds yummy!! :D

I will have to try that the next cruise. Since we are only on a 3 night leaving tomorrow, and are trying MTD for the first time, I will wait until a future 4 nighter.

Thanks for the advice!

The charge is small compared to shore. The hot rock steaks were to die for. I had a huge filet for I think $12.

Hey--Im not saying its cheap or expensive......as I said,I dont eat sushi......they really need to turn that area into something most people would go to...........its always dead when I look in..

Hey--Im not saying its cheap or expensive......as I said,I dont eat sushi......they really need to turn that area into something most people would go to...........its always dead when I look in..

Yeah, it was dead in there the whole time we were on in October during our four night.

Such a shame, as it is a pretty restaurant. We love the lower floor, forward of the WJ, for breakfast and the view over the bow.

Actually, that was part of what was great. It is pretty dead, so you can get a window seat overlooking Nassau. Very nice and you can take all the time that you want. If you do the hot rocks, be carefull how long you cook it for. Sheldon came by to say hi and I left mine on the Rock for more than the recomended 2 minutes. It got all the way to medium:( Hard to believe for a steak that was at least 3 inches thick. If I remember correctly, they said that the rock was 585 degrees.

Actually, that was part of what was great. It is pretty dead, so you can get a window seat overlooking Nassau. Very nice and you can take all the time that you want. If you do the hot rocks, be carefull how long you cook it for. Sheldon came by to say hi and I left mine on the Rock for more than the recomended 2 minutes. It got all the way to medium:( Hard to believe for a steak that was at least 3 inches thick. If I remember correctly, they said that the rock was 585 degrees.

Yea :D

its quite

good views

love sushi!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Monarch on 12/13 and am going back on 1/10. I keep reading on cruise critic expert reviews that there are safes in the cabins, but I never found one, hunted all thru the closet. Has anyone seen one in an interior cabin, or elsewhere?? I guess I could ask my cabin steward but he was hard to find, so I just locked things in my suitcase. In other classes of ship the safe is usually in the cupboard alongside the vanity, but on Monarch there is only the mirror fronted shelves there. Just curious if I'm missing something :)

Fran

Archived