COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

I have a complaint but it is with this board. How many more flippin fuel surcharge threads do we need on the RCI board? Three on the front page now concerning the surcharge. Now we have an attorney who just happened to sign up today wanting a copy of the old terms of contract. Can you say "class action law suit"? Nice to know that folks can now use this board to troll for business.:rolleyes:

We've been on several cruises, and have noticed there is no big send off. where is the big Love Boat type party atmosphere. No streamers, bands, dancing, people waving from the side of the boat.

Why doesn't the cruise director get some sort of party or activity going prior to send off?

Or am I on the wrong cruiseline?

We've been on several cruises, and have noticed there is no big send off. where is the big Love Boat type party atmosphere. No streamers, bands, dancing, people waving from the side of the boat.

Why doesn't the cruise director get some sort of party or activity going prior to send off?

Or am I on the wrong cruiseline?

I have a complaint but it is with this board. How many more flippin fuel surcharge threads do we need on the RCI board? Three on the front page now concerning the surcharge. Now we have an attorney who just happened to sign up today wanting a copy of the old terms of contract. Can you say "class action law suit"? Nice to know that folks can now use this board to troll for business.:rolleyes:

Good gosh, someone finally had the nerve to say what I've been thinking!! Thanks Gordon, agree with all of your comments :D

###

• 6 years later...

RCI should increase presence in the following regions in order to compete with other cruiselines:

Australia

Asia

Hawaii

Tahiti

California

Pacific Northwest

RCI appears to neglect these areas and gave way to other cruise lines. It is discouraging to Crown and Anchor members that prefers to cruise with RCI. RCI current cruise offerings are too heavy in the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Ocean.

RCI should increase presence in the following regions in order to compete with other cruiselines:

Australia

Asia

Hawaii

Tahiti

California

Pacific Northwest

RCI appears to neglect these areas and gave way to other cruise lines. It is discouraging to Crown and Anchor members that prefers to cruise with RCI. RCI current cruise offerings are too heavy in the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Ocean.

Um have you read about next years deployments? They are sending Quantum and Explorer in addition to the ships already covering the region. That is a large presence.

As for California and the Pacific Northwest, they've said profits aren't high enough to justify placing ships there, so I wouldn't hold your breath!

Many people don't like karaoke but many do and I am one of them. My experience with RCI and why I often choose another line is RCI does karaoke at like 11pm-12pm. One hour isn't enough and it is too late at night. Not taking away from another activity on the ship, they should offer it earlier. My experience is it is well attended and would be more popular if it started at like 9pm and went until 11 or midnight. Even if they cut back to every other day. I had a group of people that wanted to go with me but everyone was too tired to stay up until midnight just to hear me sing. Many troopers did come but it was difficult on all of us that had early excursions. Also, RCI song book needs a serious makeover. No new songs in it at all. They need to keep up with the times and update them more often.

Holy bumped thread, Batman! Oh well. Anyway, I guess I missed this first time around, or consciously forgot about it. Surprised that a moderator would start it and that it has run over 10 pages. Normally complaint threads are locked down. :p

For real. You couldn't post something like this without it being removed nowadays.

It's always better to bump a thread if a topic is relevant rather than to start a new one.

Things RCI could do / should do

Boarding begin at Noon - Staterooms open (like Princess)

MDR open embarkation day for lunch

Vinyl mats/luggage mats on bed. Carnival and NCL provide these. I don't like putting luggage directly on the bed or couch to unpack.

Well, since we are now in 2014, not 2007, I say change the damn website!

Actually, I heard a new site will be online in the Fall.....hopefully.

The idea sounds great. But I cringe to think about how they will be able to handle rolling out a new website.

Great suggestions from a lot of folks. I too would like to see a return to traditional cruising. We seem to have lost this option on the mega ships. Improve the food in the mdr, enlarge/improve staterooms on smaller ships, embrace formal nights. Put chocolates back on the pillows (I an dating myself)!