Detox

worthyfamily

My SIL bought the "detox" stuff last time and I never heard from her about it and if she would have lost any weight I would have heard about it:p ~ otherwise, please try one of the many other just regular detox programs.

I drink 4 fresh squeezed lemons plain with about 8oz of water by itself every morning and watch what you eat - I was lucky to escape the detox high pressure sale because I'm allergic to ALGAE (you can buy algae pills) which is their main ingredient and it was suggested to me that I try a lemon cleanse instead (SIGH of RELIEF!!) and I read about it after I got home and its now a regular habbit ~ knock on wood because we're leaving in 2 weeks but I've escaped all the nasty sickness around me now - and l since I've been doing that. Also, (if you or anyone else reading this is interested) google 'the natural cancer cure' for some interesting read. I've lost a lot of water weight by not drinking alcohol and diet coke!:(

sorry about my rant, I'm not a fanatic, I'd be a 6 instead of a 12 if so!

Has anyone done this and thought it WORKED? I have read tons of threads about how it is a scam but if there is anyone out there who bought it and thought they felt better after using it, please tell me.

So if one person told you they thought they felt better you would trust the treatment even though nearly everyone else has warned you that it is a scam? :confused:

You are basically paying hundreds of dollars for some short term water loss and a sales pitch to buy hundreds more dollars of their products.

I saw a TV show about this where they had two groups of women, and they used the detox product for a while, and the other group just ate a balanced diet for the same amount of time. there was basically no difference in the health or well being of two groups afterwards.

Personally, I think it's just a way for someone to make money off of people desperate for a "quick fix." As fasr as I know, the only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to burn up more calories than you take in.

It makes me sad that the RCI spas are run this way. I'm a real pushover and I feel bad for them and so now I just avoid it all together.

I know, I should be strong and say that I'm just not interested!!!

I enjoy having a personal trainer at home 3 x's a week so while on LOTS I signed up for one and that was even geared towards my weight loss and health via detox! but I just say I'm allergic to sodium iodine & algae - which if anyone knew better - commercially sold algae is mostly farmed and not from the sea but it worked:D

• 9 years later...

Just about all cruise lines promote this along with many other programs.

People should consult with their physician before ever doing detox of any kind because for some people with certain medical issues it may cause harm to them. IMHO this is not something that anyone should do without consulting their doctor and even if the doctor says it is OK it's not something one you should do on a cruise ship.

For those looking to lose weight from it studies show that you may lose a few pounds but in very short order you will likely gain it all back.

I am retired but now teach selected fitness classes at our local fitness center so have spent a lot of time reading and learning about ways people can improve their health and lose weight if that is something they desire.

The key is to change your lifestyle, eat healthy and exercise. Eating healthy can provide benefits without doing many of the crazy things associated with detox.

There are some other things that the spas at sea try to sell that I highly would not do on a cruise ship.

Keith

Your body doesn't need "detoxing"...it's a self-cleaning mechanism on the inside! The only thing you'll be getting rid of is your money.

Exactly. It's called your kidneys and your liver. It's what they do.

As for the weight loss part, there is no magic pill/supplement/detox program that will cause your body to shed fat cells. There is simply no shortcut for eating right.

You brought back to life a NINE YEAR OLD thread!
Another reason Cruise Critic needs to have an automatic timer that locks threads after being dormant for a certain time period without any responses. I suggest two months.