RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

Let's leave it to them to decide what they want to do.

How's that??

Good idea, sail. If they want them kept separate...fine. If they want them combined, fine, too!

Whatever way it goes, we'll all be waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for reports!

Greg, so glad you're on your way. Looks like the Eurodam is eagerly awaiting you. Safe trip and can't wait to hear your opinions of all the happenings and the ship itself.

I would prefer the threads not be combined, but leave it up to the posters to decide what they want to do. Most important is that they should all have a wonderful cruise. We here at home are anxious to hear from any of you who want to post.:D

Good idea! :D

I understand what you are all saying, truly I do. But I also understand this from the point of view of the poster---the one who is spending cruise time and $$$$$ to post from the ship.

It takes a significant amount of time to decide what to write, get it down, sign on and read through from where you left off, take notes on what people want to know about, and type in that day's report.

It usually takes me 25-30 minutes at the computer---and that's after I've written down what I'm going to post.

To have to locate and read through any number of other threads first, so you can learn what's already been covered, and what people want to know about, then go to your own and post---well, that does add to the time involved. And $$$$$.

Just so you can consider another point of view.

Ruth, in the past you and Greg have always shared your "Live From Thread" I think that tradition should continue and that is perfect and works well for the two of you. But since Brian has a totally different writing style, view of things and has started his own thread. The same with John aka Copper who does his reviews totally different and describes the ports. I think if they want to have their own Live from thread they should. It was discussed some weeks ago about combining them and I can remember several months ago when Carol and Donna's threads were merged while they were on the Noordam. My feeling was if they wanted to have their own Live from thread they should be allowed to and not be forced to have the threads combined.

Ruth this way you can go in and just look for Greg's and post with him and that his how we here on CC are accustom to :) BTW, you have a safe journey over as well.

Ruth, in the past you and Greg have always shared your "Live From Thread" I think that tradition should continue and that is perfect and works well for the two of you. But since Brian has a totally different writing style, view of things and has started his own thread. The same with John aka Copper who does his reviews totally different and describes the ports. I think if they want to have their own Live from thread they should. It was discussed some weeks ago about combining them and I can remember several months ago when Carol and Donna's threads were merged while they were on the Noordam. My feeling was if they wanted to have their own Live from thread they should be allowed to and not be forced to have the threads combined.

Ruth this way you can go in and just look for Greg's and post with him and that his how we here on CC are accustom to :) BTW, you have a safe journey over as well.

LOL, Lisa...that was Carol and me...Sheila.

We asked for them to be combined because we had someone on our cruise who did the 1st post who was very negative. And we didn't want all of you, reading that, to have a negative feeling about the Noordam...when we were having such a grand time. Glass half empty kind of person. Carol and I felt it was not a fair critique of the Noordam. Being glass half full types!

It worked out fine having it combined because several people posted...but not every day...so it wasn't overload on that thread.

This time, though, with an Inaugural, I think the posts threads should not be combined. Brian, Greg, CopperJohn, Ruth all have different writing styles and I think they should be given their own space. And, of course, whoever else weighs in.

That's just my humble opinion. ;)

I understand what you are all saying, truly I do. But I also understand this from the point of view of the poster---the one who is spending cruise time and $$$$$ to post from the ship.

When I do virtual cruise reports, I don't even bother to read questions posted in the thread ... not until I get home. It just takes too long to refresh the page and I can burn through internet minutes that way. Unfortunately, Cruise Critic is very, very slow when accessing it from onboard ship.

So what I do is write the reports offline, on my laptop. Then I just take the laptop down to the Explorations Cafe, go online and post.

Doesn't cost much of anything that way.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hello all and a safe and marvellous voyage to those sailing on the Eurodam.

What I am doing is setting up an individual word.doc for each individual and keep adding to those docs each time they post therefore it does not really matter where they post as I will keep each one seperate.

Already have bpsf.doc and RevNeal.doc.

Hopefully i do not infringe on anyone's copyright ! :eek:

cheers,

Cristiano.

Have a Safe and Wonderful trip. Looking forward to all of your reports....BTW: I can't believe how huge the ship looks in that picture at the start of your thread...Enjoy!

Wendy:)

We are very much looking forward to reading your blog and hearing all about the wonderful Eurodam...

What a compliment it is to you and your contribution to CC that your initial post ignited such a lively debate... Gotta love that...

Have a ball... :D :D :D

When I do virtual cruise reports, I don't even bother to read questions posted in the thread ... not until I get home.

The Happy Wanderer prefers to read through, so as to know what's on people's minds. She wants to get the answers, and try to answer questions, while the opportunity is there. She likes it to feel like a conversation---a sharing of the cruise with the folks not aboard.

Here's a pre cruise question, Ruth (and Greg)

Inquiring minds want to know how to get out on the bow for a group wave or to take pictures of the bell. Since it's a two level bow, I was just wondering which deck would have access. Thanks!

When I do virtual cruise reports, I don't even bother to read questions posted in the thread ... not until I get home. It just takes too long to refresh the page and I can burn through internet minutes that way.
The Happy Wanderer prefers to read through, so as to know what's on people's minds.
Here's a tip to save some connect time by reading threads off-line when using your own laptop: once you've brought up a thread, go to the "Thread Tools" and click Show Printable Version. Then do a Save As. After you've done that for several threads, then disconnect and go read them all off-line. :D

Since this is in Greg's thread I'll point out that he's the one that taught me that trick! :D And thanks!

Here's a pre cruise question, Ruth (and Greg)

Inquiring minds want to know how to get out on the bow for a group wave or to take pictures of the bell. Since it's a two level bow, I was just wondering which deck would have access. Thanks!

Access to the bow on Vista ships is only available when there is 'scenic cruising/viewing' and it is opened for guests OR with permission.

We requested permission to visit Noordam's Bell and it was granted. We went forward on Upper Promenade past all the cabins until we reached a door marked "Crew Only". Having been given permission, we proceded through there ( :) it's the OB ;) ) and opened the next door which took us to that BEAUTIFUL BELL!!!! It had been newly shined and polished and was sparkling in the sun.

A wave would require 'special permission' but certainly it might be granted.

On "S" Class ships, access to the bow is through the show lounge. :)

We always visit the bell on 'My' :) Maasdam.

Signature Class Ships - Eurodam....... I have no idea.

Archived