RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

No problem at all. Hope you at least enjoyed it. :)

Seriously, I think it's already been mentioned ... these tables are made of concrete and apparently are very low to the floor ... they were MEANT to be danced on. They are not tables designed for dining.

I still have no problem with this at all. Had someone gotten up on a dining room table and began dancing ... while with my sick sense of humor, I would have probably found it funny ... I can well understand that others wouldn't. But I think we need to keep in mind that this occurred in the DISCO ... a party place ... and a place where "acting stupid" is encouraged. I honestly wouldn't get upset about someone getting up and dancing on a table there.

Blue skies ...

--rita

This whole business is giving me quite a chuckle. CC has been quite dull for some time and now it is lively and fun again!!! Nobody should get too serious or bent out of shape about it. Differing opinions are what make life interesting. You do have a point re the type of table and I can appreciate that.

From the HAL website:

Relaxation.....privacy.....serenity. Theses are the hallmarks of the ms Eurodam's Spacious new Spa Suites and Staterooms, located on the Panorama and Observation decks.

Includes all the gracious stateroom amenities plus:

• Organic cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • iPod® docking station
  • Soothing color palette
  • In-room slate table-top water feature
  • Yoga mat
  • Pedometer for use aboard ship
  • Fitness DVD
  • No-host minibar initially stocked with specialty waters
  • Cut-fruit tray at embarkation
  • Invigorating shower head; wooden bathmat; aromatherapy bath salts
  • Room service Spa Breakfast
  • In-room Spa Menu
  • Spa concierge to book treatments

Category SZ, VQ, VT, CA, IA

Thanks Peter! This will be a nice change for my 3 night cruise.

Have really enjoyed your Edam reviews (I get to go on her Nov. 1!)However you have made me miss cruising so much I'm really glad I board NCL's Jade on this Sunday for 14 days....

Can you identify some of the woman in the picture sitting with Ruth at the Meet and Greet ? Thanks!

Across from Ruth, just barely in the picture on the right-hand side is Mary and Mary ... and, NO, they're not "quite contrary." They're delightful ladies from Texas. :)

The one seated, smiling at the camera, is Joyce ... dear friend from the Noordam Inaugural.

But jumping out of planes is no problem for you? :confused:

How do you think I injured my legs? Sadly, I jump out of planes no more ... at least not on my own ... just the occasional tandem jump when I have to get into the air.

There's a term we "grounded" jumpers use ...

"Wings of nylon ... legs of titanium." :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Greg, as always your photos are amazing! The 2:00a.m. sky is absolutely stunning. I'd love a framed copy of that one on my "travel photo wall".

Your commentary on people, places and things is most enjoyable. If it didn't create controversy occasionally I'd wonder if you had hired a ghost writer. Keep on enjoying your voyage and entertaining your loyal following here.

Jane

Are those the Good Nuts on the table in front of RuthC???? Wow!! You hit the jackpot with your CC gathering.
I am sure RuthC will be able to tell you....IF... you ask her on the "Good Nuts" Cruise.... BTW.... She was the one to explain to me how to tell "Good Nuts" :D :D

For now, she may want to keep it a secret and explain the whole story later (but only if you ask her politely) :D !

How do you think I injured my legs? Sadly, I jump out of planes no more ... at least not on my own ... just the occasional tandem jump when I have to get into the air.

There's a term we "grounded" jumpers use ...

"Wings of nylon ... legs of titanium." :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

I did not know you carried battle wounds! Tawanda!

....... enjoyable music in the piano bar (Ruth was having a PARTY!!!!!!) and in the Crows Nest, an 11:30 pm sunset, midnight twilight, 2 am red-sky ... ah ... it was beautiful!

What follows are a few special photos of the Eurodam, the newest jewell in the HAL fleet of glorious jewelry.

WOW, that sounds so great........just a quick question if you know Greg, who is the piano player in the piano bar where Ruth is having such a good time? Just curious.....

Hi Rev,

Thanks for all the great updates on your trip and your comments about the Eurodam! I sure hope they get all those kinks worked out soon. I still can't get over those cabanas on the ship. Seems kinda silly to have them there!

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

Rev,

You mention a wonderful tour in Alesund. As we'll be there on the Prinsendam very shortly, I was curious which tour that was. We were just planning to explore on our own, but if there's a ship's tour that's worthwhile, we may consider.

Thanks for the lovely Alesund photos. Really got my blood flowing thinking that I'd soon see this lovely spot, but with a smaller ship!!

WOW, that sounds so great........just a quick question if you know Greg, who is the piano player in the piano bar where Ruth is having such a good time? Just curious.....

I can answer this one. It is Jimmy Maddox. He was on the Westerdam from February until late June, and then moved to the Eurodam for this cruise. He'll be on the Noordam after this. We had the pleasure of experiencing his performances in February and it was the best time we've had on a cruise. We were in the Piano Bar almost every night until closing--and Jimmy will usually keep playing as long as people want him to. Aside from being an amazing piano player he's truly a nice guy.

Des

Greg, have you come accross anything that indicates that it is now OK to bring beer onboard too? CCer Sir PMP has said that he recieved a note on the Zuiderdam recently that said it was OK. Could you confirm that, please?

Archived