RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

LOL ... oh, my word! Do you lay your food down on the table without the protection of a plate/napkin? Do you spill some of your drink and then lean down and slurp it up right from the table?

Good lord, any number of things could be on that table before you got there ... maybe someone's camera, maybe a child's stuffed animal or pacifier because mom has him in there sleeping in her arms while she is talking with friends.

If you don't realize that a table in a public restaurant is not necessarily the most sanitary thing in the world, then you're living in a dream world. The next time you go out to eat at home ... to your neighborhood diner, a local Denny's, even a Mickey D's ... just imagine what sorts of things have been sitting on those tables before you got there ... and that's precisely why your food is wrapped and you use a tray with a fresh, clean liner to put your food on ... or you have a placemat on the table, with your hopefully clean dishes containing food on top of that. Believe me, this little episode on the Eurodam is absolutely nothing to get your bowels in an uproar about. After all, it happened in a DISCO ... a place designed for partying ... a place where partying is ENCOURAGED ... not in the dining room or some other area where people would have a right not to be at all amused.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Exactly!

This sounds more like a "coffee table" than dining table. A place to lay your drink down not eat off of.

And you are right, the tables at most dining establishments are given a lick and a promise between customers with the same rag they just did ten other tables with.

RevNeal,

Thank you so much for sharing so much information regarding the new ship. I love your photos especially. They are so clear. I know it takes a lot of time and money to use the interent and I am one who appreciates your effort.

Jennie

Many thanks for the great log and pictures Greg and to the 'critics' please watch your glass windows and walls at home :rolleyes:

We in the majority greatly appreciate your valuable time and effort.

Just received this maybe some of those 'critics' were on board the Spirit of Glacier Bay :D

Cheers,

Cristiano

pointer_alaska_aground_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

LOL ... oh, my word! Do you lay your food down on the table without the protection of a plate/napkin? Do you spill some of your drink and then lean down and slurp it up right from the table?

Good lord, any number of things could be on that table before you got there ... maybe someone's camera, maybe a child's stuffed animal or pacifier because mom has him in there sleeping in her arms while she is talking with friends.

If you don't realize that a table in a public restaurant is not necessarily the most sanitary thing in the world, then you're living in a dream world. The next time you go out to eat at home ... to your neighborhood diner, a local Denny's, even a Mickey D's ... just imagine what sorts of things have been sitting on those tables before you got there ... and that's precisely why your food is wrapped and you use a tray with a fresh, clean liner to put your food on ... or you have a placemat on the table, with your hopefully clean dishes containing food on top of that. Believe me, this little episode on the Eurodam is absolutely nothing to get your bowels in an uproar about. After all, it happened in a DISCO ... a place designed for partying ... a place where partying is ENCOURAGED ... not in the dining room or some other area where people would have a right not to be at all amused.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Thank you for you assessment of my dining habits. I am very conscious of sanitary practices in my day to day living------just to put your mind at rest-----and would never dream of putting my food directly on table. Having said that, I still dislike the idea that people might have been walking on my eating surface. A baby's pacifier hasn't been dragged through the contaminants that the soles of one's shoes have been exposed to in the run of a day.

Two Euros worth: The tables in the Northern Lights are made out of stone, are anchored to the floor and are only one to two feet off that same floor. We're not talking the Pinnacle Grill here, folks and there are no five-course meals served in there also, just a place o put your drinks!

In the few days, we have gotten to know Brian and Scotty on this cruise, we've learned that they are some of the most open hearted, friendly, helpful and fun-loving guys around. They had some of that fun for no more than five seconds each in a place where you're supposed to have fun and let your hair down! Let's not make this the frickin' crime of the century and blow it way out of proportion!:rolleyes: All of us on Eurodam are enjoying ourselves and will continue to do so - have no doubt about that! Heck, I might even get on the table tonight and do a Dutch march - Then you're really gonna have something to talk about!:eek:

Two Euros worth: The tables in the Northern Lights are made out of stone, are anchored to the floor and are only one to two feet off that same floor. We're not talking the Pinnacle Grill here, folks and there are no five-course meals served in there also, just a place o put your drinks!

In the few days, we have gotten to know Brian and Scotty on this cruise, we've learned that they are some of the most open hearted, friendly, helpful and fun-loving guys around. They had some of that fun for no more than five seconds each in a place where you're supposed to have fun and let your hair down! Let's not make this the frickin' crime of the century and blow it way out of proportion!:rolleyes: All of us on Eurodam are enjoying ourselves and will continue to do so - have no doubt about that! Heck, I might even get on the table tonight and do a Dutch march - Then you're really gonna have something to talk about!:eek:

Copper-----I will look forward to seeing pictures of that.;)

Sail, in this photo I could spot both BillS's wife and Jim Hannah's wife:) Beside recognizing both Grumpy and Slinkie and Ruth and I am guessing Adele.

edam41.jpg

LAFFNVEGAS & SAIL .... The lady in the center of the picture in center of picture (in purple) is JRACHELS --- the OP of the "Roll Call" for the July 5 Inaugural.......She was with us on the Noordam Inaugural, and what a lovely lady she is:)

Greg....Keep up the great work. You are "shepherding" those of us truly interested in this ship and your journey ;) ;) and.....

Don't forget to check your email for a special bulletin:rolleyes: L.B.

RevNeal,

Thank you so much for taking the time from your vacation to post about the Eurodam, and also upload the photos.

I have a question that I have not seen answered yet, or it was not clear. Are the 10 VT category staterooms part of the Spa category? I thought I read they had the taupe/brown and green decor and also teak bathmat and brown bathrobes, but do they have the special breakfast menu, included bottle of water and/or any other perks? Or, are those just for "Spa Suites".

RevNeal,

Thank you so much for taking the time from your vacation to post about the Eurodam, and also upload the photos.

I have a question that I have not seen answered yet, or it was not clear. Are the 10 VT category staterooms part of the Spa category? I thought I read they had the taupe/brown and green decor and also teak bathmat and brown bathrobes, but do they have the special breakfast menu, included bottle of water and/or any other perks? Or, are those just for "Spa Suites".

Ok, Carolyn just answered this am that these staterooms are part of the spa category, but I am still not sure what that means in terms of decor or amenities?

Having such a blast with this thread!! Cabanas, table dancing, just the salt and pepper on the meat which is Greg's GREAT info and photos!!

We just booked a cruise on the Eurodam - Dec. 6 to Eastern Caribbean, and I'm SO excited!!! We booked CA guarantee. CA is a category that apparently only exists on the Euro - Greg if you mentioned this somewhere in the thread and I missed it, please forgive me - if not, and you know anything at all about it - I'd love to hear it! It's a spa cabin "Ocean view" that looks straight out the BOW of the ship and has floor to ceiling windows! There are only 4 of these on the ship, so with a guarantee we might be bumped to a veranda - the next category up would be VT and although I see how tiny that "balcony" is, it still looks wonderful! We rarely actually sit on the balcony anyway - it's more for standing - so the VT would be lovely. Of course I wanted my usual SA or SB, but this was an impulse "add on" cruise this year so I "settled" for the CA guarantee. I'm still SO SO excited to board the new ship!!

Thanks again for taking time to write all the info and post the photos!!

Moriah

Rev, as a former North Texas Catholic (worshiped in Denton, though) - I just want to thank you so much for your reports. It's unfortunate some here can't apprecaite the time and money you are spending to keep everyone back "at home" in the loop.

Just want to let you know I, and many others, are greatly appreciating your efforts. If we don't hear from you again until you get home, hope you obtain enough memories to last two lifetimes!

My favorite part of all these reports is the fun that's being had by everyone. My fondest memories of all our cruises is the joy that kicks in when spending time on the sea with a whole bunch of really great people.

So I loved reading that Scotty and Brian danced on the table and I say go for it! As I posted on Brian's thread, let's see them dancing on the ceiling and I want pictures!!!!:D

Cruising is a great time to relax, let your hair down and enjoy. Nothing worse than a cruise with a bunch of fuddie duddies ...

Dance as much as you can, as often as you can, wherever you can ... as they say, "dance like nobody's watching" and ....

:) "When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance ... I hope you dance.":)

Archived