RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

Ok, Carolyn just answered this am that these staterooms are part of the spa category, but I am still not sure what that means in terms of decor or amenities?

From the HAL website:

Relaxation.....privacy.....serenity. Theses are the hallmarks of the ms Eurodam's Spacious new Spa Suites and Staterooms, located on the Panorama and Observation decks.

Includes all the gracious stateroom amenities plus:

• Organic cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • iPod® docking station
  • Soothing color palette
  • In-room slate table-top water feature
  • Yoga mat
  • Pedometer for use aboard ship
  • Fitness DVD
  • No-host minibar initially stocked with specialty waters
  • Cut-fruit tray at embarkation
  • Invigorating shower head; wooden bathmat; aromatherapy bath salts
  • Room service Spa Breakfast
  • In-room Spa Menu
  • Spa concierge to book treatments

Category SZ, VQ, VT, CA, IA

Thanks Greg!

I really appreciate all of the trouble that you go through to enlighten us back home!

And tell Brian & Scotty, Bravo! One of the main reasons to cruise is to have a good time!

Thanks again,

Martini Cruiser

Ps- I'd dance on a table if I thought I wouldn't fall off, but after a Martini or 2 I probably would.

Two Euros worth: The tables in the Northern Lights are made out of stone, are anchored to the floor and are only one to two feet off that same floor. We're not talking the Pinnacle Grill here, folks and there are no five-course meals served in there also, just a place o put your drinks!

In the few days, we have gotten to know Brian and Scotty on this cruise, we've learned that they are some of the most open hearted, friendly, helpful and fun-loving guys around. They had some of that fun for no more than five seconds each in a place where you're supposed to have fun and let your hair down! Let's not make this the frickin' crime of the century and blow it way out of proportion!:rolleyes: All of us on Eurodam are enjoying ourselves and will continue to do so - have no doubt about that! Heck, I might even get on the table tonight and do a Dutch march - Then you're really gonna have something to talk about!:eek:

Thank you so very much, John. I appreciate your words, and your description of Scotty and Brian is perfect.

Just as an aside, last night I saw people sitting on those tables. I didn't see anyone eating food on them ... nor is food something one will find in any quantity in the Northern Lights. It's a Disco and a bar, not a dining room. Indeed, it's not a place where food should be eaten. Nibbles, maybe ... meals, no?

AND, as one HAL staff person -- who is reading this and wishes to remain anonymous -- said to me today: "heck, we WANT people to dance on these tables ... that's why we built them out of concrete and reinforced them with steel!"

:D

Dance away!

Thank you so very much, John. I appreciate your words, and your description of Scotty and Brian is perfect.

Just as an aside, last night I saw people sitting on those tables. I didn't see anyone eating food on them ... nor is food something one will find in any quantity in the Northern Lights. It's a Disco and a bar, not a dining room. Indeed, it's not a place where food should be eaten. Nibbles, maybe ... meals, no?

AND, as one HAL staff person -- who is reading this and wishes to remain anonymous -- said to me today: "heck, we WANT people to dance on these tables ... that's why we built them out of concrete and reinforced them with steel!"

Dance away!

Thanks Greg

But I think I shall still refrain from dancing on the tables. :D

Dance away!

Rut-row! They better raise the roof by Labor Day, 'cause I intend to dance up there myself, and from pictures, I am a head taller than Brian!

Michael

I will have a formal report on last night's "Formal Night" sometime later ... perhaps tonight, perhaps not. I must admit, as the cruise goes on the blast we're having together aboard ship and in port is really beyond word's or photo's ability to convey. Suffice it to say, last night was one whale of a lot of fun! :D It's what Formal Nights should be. No dancing on the table ... but we did have a glorious evening with fantastic food, improving service, wonderful conversations with incredibly well-dressed, well-behaved, kind and generous people, a good show at the Mainstage, enjoyable music in the piano bar (Ruth was having a PARTY!!!!!!) and in the Crows Nest, an 11:30 pm sunset, midnight twilight, 2 am red-sky ... ah ... it was beautiful!

What follows are a few special photos of the Eurodam, the newest jewell in the HAL fleet of glorious jewelry.

Thanks Greg

Ditto! :D

A man dressed in a Nehru Tuxedo with clericals on would look SILLY dancing on a Table!!!!!! :D LOL!

Photos of the Eurodam from Alesund. These were taken from a high-pont overlooking the town of Alesund, Norway. It was an incredible day here, today, and I had a wonderful tour which ended with this incredible view of the city and of the marvelous new Eurodam!!!!!!! Even though I prefer smaller ships, this vessel is a beauty!!!!

edam52.jpg

edam48.jpg

edam49.jpg

edam50.jpg

edam51.jpg

Great job with the pix, Greg. That step in the Lido really bothers me. Are there no ramps to the seating areas? I wonder about people in wheelchairs or anyone with mobility problems.

Looking forward to the pix of formal night [i think you are posting them as I write this!] and hearing about the Piano Bar. I hope you'll get some shots in the PB if you haven't already!

And, finally, a photo take from the lower Promenade deck about 2 am.

2amsky.jpg

It never really got entirely dark last night. The sun set at 11:30 pm (I got a video burst of it), and then it stayed like this until at least 2:30, when I finally went to sleep. The sun came up -- I'm told -- around 3 am. SO ... we had no dark last night. Just an incredibly beautiful evening.

Greg, what wonderful pictures. I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into your posts and photos. Glad you all had a wonderful time on formal night.

I can't believe that sunset. That's the kind of picture you have to have blown up and framed. it's really art.

Can you identify some of the woman in the picture sitting with Ruth at the Meet and Greet ? Thanks!

Thanks Greg

LOL ... same here. I'm such a klutz that I'd likely fall off and injure my already injured legs. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Thank you for you assessment of my dining habits.

No problem at all. Hope you at least enjoyed it. :)

Seriously, I think it's already been mentioned ... these tables are made of concrete and apparently are very low to the floor ... they were MEANT to be danced on. They are not tables designed for dining.

I still have no problem with this at all. Had someone gotten up on a dining room table and began dancing ... while with my sick sense of humor, I would have probably found it funny ... I can well understand that others wouldn't. But I think we need to keep in mind that this occurred in the DISCO ... a party place ... and a place where "acting stupid" is encouraged. I honestly wouldn't get upset about someone getting up and dancing on a table there.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Just received this maybe some of those 'critics' were on board the Spirit of Glacier Bay :D

pointer_alaska_aground_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

Oh man, that's the ship I was hoping to sail one day if I ever got to Alaska. As much as I love HAL, I think if I ever sailed Alaska, I'd want a small ship cruising experience. But I certainly wasn't looking for a "running aground" one. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived