Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Such amazing photos have popped onto the site overnight. The only problem..........I have had my breakfast but after reading these fantastic menus I am starving. I will not be able to decide where I want to eat each night!! Certainly X is raising the bar here. I do hope they try some of the menu items on other ships as well

Carol and Mike: Thanks SO much for all your hard work on getting those pictures up on the web for us all to see. And so FAST! I'm constantly amazed at the kindness of people on Cruise Critic when it comes to sharing information.

To both of you, and to everyone else at the event yesterday that carried our questions and returned with answers...THANKS a MILLION! I feel like I know so much more about the Solstice now. I can barely tear myself away from the screen in case I'll miss some news.

With all the posts about the Solstice, I still have a few questions that I hope someone can answer:

Which restaurants besides the Grand Epernay are INCLUDED in the cost of the cruise? Is the Bistro on Five included? I'm really hoping that the sweets and savouries in Cafe al Bacio will still be included, as they are in the Cova Cafe on M-class ships. Also, will the gelato be an extra charge? If so, will there be ice cream available elsewhere on the ship that is included?

I would appreciate any answers that anyone might have.

Mike and Carol

I always read your wonderful reviews when researching a vacation and have benefitted from your experiences many times.

You have no idea how much we all appreciate your quick posting of the Solstice photos and information.

You are the best!

hcat, THAT was one of the first questions....are they going to have

a Concierge Lounge?

No they are not and the reason why not was not given.

(Or if they answered it I missed the answer).

Lois, I asked one of the execs the question of the conc lounge and he told me no, that it was being "overrun" on RCL and that is why they are not adding it to Celebrity. They are focusing more on the Aqua class and feel you get everything in that class and more. I couldn't tie him up any longer to get into a long discussion on it, but I don't agree.

Mike & Carol...wonderful job. Thank you so much. I've had your site bookmarked for several years now. It's fantastic.

Everyone....thank you!

Lois....great "seeing" you again.

Although we're waiting for the Equinox, this looks like it will be a perfect fit for us, our first time on Celebrity.

With Ahi and Cuban sandwiches on the menus, DH will be pleased. ;)

Carol and Mike, I really enjoyed your photos! Thanks to everyone who was there and posted information. Almost everything sounds great, and I'm really looking forward to the inaugural cruise and spending Thanksgiving on the Solstice.

Diana

Carol and I are so glad that everyone is enjoying the photos. We felt very fortunate and appreciative to be invited to this Solstice event. We wanted to be able to share as much of it as possible with our fellow Celebrity and Solstice fans.

Mike & Carol:

Great photos, greater anticipation than ever.

It was almost as good as being there... but without the caloric intake.

For those who read the details:

One comment on the menu in blu:

"Roasted Airline Chicken Breast"
Why would anyone order any food associated with airline fare???

I'm so glad I booked a B2B. There is no way to experience Solstice in one week. More than ever, the ship is the destination. They could park it 12 miles offshore (gambling & shopping restriction I believe), save on fuel, and I'd be happy. Who needs ports on a ship like this?

Elena7seas, I don’t know if the Bistro on Five is included. I was too busy tasting to have my wits about me. I did hear them say that there will be a charge for the gelato.

C2C, I notice that you are doing the Millie for NZ / Aust. in 2010. We are booked for the Feb. 14 sailing. Why don’t you consider switching over to the Valentine sailing! If not, you do have some of our buddies on board with you. Aunt Dot and Chuckchopper are dear friends.

Madelinerose, that’s hilarious about the chicken. Thanks for informing us. However, they need to change the name! Nowadays, we’re doing good if we get a coke onboard an airplane!

I saw that too... I just can't believe they released that to the public...this was a "Marketing Junket". THey are suppose to impress and not be naming their upscale food Airline Chicken.:D

What that indicates to me that they are still not ready... things still need major tweaking.

Lauren who is still waiting for the date of her pre-inaug cruise...:p

Madelinerose, that’s hilarious about the chicken. Thanks for informing us. However, they need to change the name! Nowadays, we’re doing good if we get a coke onboard and airplane!

I was introduced to airline chicken several years ago, but couldn't remember what the term entailed.

For some reason, "cruise ship chicken" just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Boy, I'm with you there, Mike. Seems soon we'll be handed Dixie cups of tap water. ;)

Mike....when I Go Ino Your Website To Look At Your Pictures Of The Solstice Menu's Etc, The Last Entry Is For Alaska August 2007. I Tried Pushing The Refresh Button But Nothing Else Came Up. Help!!!

When you go to the website, the top button of the reviews should say "Solstice" on it. If you click it, you will be taken to the pics. If you don't see the "Solstice" button, click on refresh, you might have gotten a cached version of the website from before the latest publishing.

I have tried this and for the life of me it will not work.

Can someone post the link for the 'puter illiterate? Would that work?

Thanks!:)

Mike....when I Go Ino Your Website To Look At Your Pictures Of The Solstice Menu's Etc, The Last Entry Is For Alaska August 2007. I Tried Pushing The Refresh Button But Nothing Else Came Up. Help!!!

Sometimes, when the website gets a lot of hits at the same time it might act up. Try clicking on the "Mike and Carol's Website" in my signature below. Just keep trying, and let me know if you don't get to it.

Carol and Mike - an outstanding job of presenting the photos. Wish I had tryed the crepes :eek: oh well have to wait for December. The photos made me feel I was back at the event.

Ann so nice to meet you and look forward to your answering more questions that people had.

Back to work, Carol Anne

Good morning ~ ARRGGGG....I hate when real work gets in the way of getting info posted here. I have updated my list of questions but have a few that I'm still waiting on answers for so I hope to have it up this afternoon.

Bistro on Five is a 24/7 cafe and as of now, the food served there is included in your cruise fare (no extra fees). Cafe al Bacio on the other hand will have a charge. I'm waiting on confirmation of exactly what there will be a charge for as I heard a couple of different things yesterday and I want to confirm. I'm having a tough time separating these two establishments (everything was SOOO good and next to each other yesterday) so I want to be sure I'm posting the correct info. I'll get it up as soon as I have it.

Mike, I do have some clear shots of menus. Let me check to see I have the ones you need. I'll email them over to you along with a few other photos to post to you site. I hope to do a little "review" like I would for a sailing later tonight. Real work calls for now!

Oh, one more note....I hadn't noticed the "Airline Chicken dish" but I think they are entitled to have a little fun with things and I'm betting that the dish will likely be very good. I want to sail on a ship to relax and enjoy and if they want to have fun with the name of a dish my feeling is have at it. It made me smile when I saw it….overall, I think the menus are unlike anything else I’ve seen on a ship.

Oh, one more note....I hadn't noticed the "Airline Chicken dish" but I think they are entitled to have a little fun with things and I'm betting that the dish will likely be very good. I want to sail on a ship to relax and enjoy and if they want to have fun with the name of a dish my feeling is have at it. It made me smile when I saw it….

Thanks, Anne. My sentiments, exactly. :D

Mike...just Wanted To Let You Know I Got Onto The Website By Going To Internet Explorer. Pictures Were Wonderful And We Really Enjoyed Looking At All The Menu's. Cant Wait Till Dec 7th!!! Thanks For Posting All The Good Info:)

It seems like the AOL browser keeps a cached version of the site. Someone indicated when they used the Internet Explorer browser the problem cleared up.

I don't use AOL browser, I use Mozilla and just tried the Internet Explorer browser, still no luck.

I give up. I will see the ship 12/09!:eek:

Archived